HI-POINT worked?

memphismason

Thats right. Myself and "benfield8585" was honored with the opportunity to fire a HI-POINT Model C 9mm, and have it function flawlessly.

Yeah I couldn't believe it either.

Here is the story. My boss approached me last week and asked if he brought me his pistol, would I take it out, shoot it, and clean it for him. I said I would and Friday he brought me his HI-POINT pistol. I told him about how they are jokes and he said he has never had a problem with it. Well "benfield8585" and myself shot it after squirrel hunting Sunday morning, without any issues. We put maybe 20 to 30 rounds through it and it never jammed once. This was my second experience with a HI-POINT pistol. The first wasn't a good one.

Here is a picture of the elusive Functioning HI-POINT.

Hi-PointModelC.jpg

Edited by memphismason
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had 3 in the past, all flawless. I also had the 9mm carbine which would eat up everything in it's path. The only problem I had with any of them was wally world WWB ammo. Hi-Points just don't like WWB ammo based on my experience.

Guest mikedwood

I had a C9 once. It would jamb after the 3rd or 4th round every time. I think it was the mag. I sold it rather than get a new mag.

I called the warranty department and they sent me a couple of parts. Didn't help, but they sent them fast.

It was very accurate though, very accurate.

I saw one of the new 9mm Hi-point carbine rifles last Friday and it is awesome looking. comes with a couple of rails and a recoil buffer system. (I have never heard anyone complain about their carbine rifles)

I think if Hi-point were to buy Kel-tec's firearms division they would become a real player in the firearms market.

Thats right. Myself and "benfield8585" was honored with the opportunity to fire a HI-POINT Model C 9mm, and have it function flawlessly.

Yeah I couldn't believe it either.

Here is the story. My boss approached me last week and asked if he brought me his pistol, would I take it out, shoot it, and clean it for him. I said I would and Friday he brought me his HI-POINT pistol. I told him about how they are jokes and he said he has never had a problem with it. Well "benfield8585" and myself shot it after squirrel hunting Sunday morning, without any issues. We put maybe 20 to 30 rounds through it and it never jammed once. This was my second experience with a HI-POINT pistol. The first wasn't a good one.

I'm in Memphis as well and take mine to the range everytime I go. Just look for me. You'll see a 10/22 and a C9 with me everytime and they both work just fine. I honestly can't complain about my C9 at all.

Have HP carbine, great gun, mags suck. Have to keep lips tweaked just right, and then it's fine. The carbines are a whole 'nother issue from the handguns. In their case a big sloppy blowback bolt design is a strength. Not so much in the case of a handgun.

Bought C9 mostly as lark, because I could, another handgun in my main caliber of choice.

- a gun I can put in an ally's hand if SHTF

- a gun I can give up when they come a'knockin "pleeeseee don't take my only gun!"

Less than 200 rounds on the C9 started getting light strikes, called HP, sent free firing pin and springs. Even though just bought the gun from dealer about 3 months ago, firing pin was different design. Anyway, threw the new parts in, seems AOK again.

There are two kinds of folks, maybe three, that buy Hi-Points:

- folks like me that understand what they are, have appropriate expectations, buy them for various reasons from a lark, to extra truck/tackle box gun, to a SHTF stash, whatever...

- bad folks who expect to use them in some bad way and maybe dump them...

- good folks who want a reliable self-defense gun, don't have much money, and figure it's all they can afford and it will be good enough.

That last group is the one that should NOT buy HP Pistols.

hipointc9.jpg

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
added pic
Guest glock20

very first gun i owned was a hi-point 40 cal. worked great.never jammed and was very accurate.if it did jam up,you could always throw it at some one and kill them lol

Guest DefensiveGuy

Not being into pistols that long (been shooting long guns for several decades) I liked the looks and grip of that hi point and may very well get one down the road. The weight is about the only factor that turned me off. Saving for a Glock 19 at the moment.

I wonder if Hi-Point sold their guns for 200-300 dollars more per gun if people would think they were higher quality.

No, its obvious that they are sub $200 pistols.

I like them a lot. I've had a couple and they are reliable accurate shooters. I really regret selling my Hi Point .40S&W

They will never be confused with a higher quality firearm though.

Guest Tusculum

I have found that most of the bad press comes from people who have never owned one. The Wilson,Kimber crew has it in their head, If it aint 2K dollars, Its junk. I ordered a 40 and a 45 for a husband and wife and they love em. The wifes had a terrible trigger pull but I done a little honing and oiling and it loosened up alot. She is a dead eye with that 40 but hubby still jerks to the right with the 45. These are great guns especially that both were less than 300.00. Thanks, Jack

Guest jimboro

I just picked up a new .40 S&W Hi-Point. Read a lot of good and bad about them. Most of the bad was about the older version. But, it is made in America, has a lifetime warranty and it was only $180 out the door so I'm gonna give it a chance. And my 12 guage will be what I'll reach for first anyway.

Edited by jimboro
clarity

I don’t know, I can name two or three 1911’s that should be sub $200 guns but some folks are paying $400-$500 for them. A couple of years ago when a friend of mine looked for Hi-Point he couldn’t even buy one at MSRP; the dealers wouldn’t sell them that cheap.

If you are going to buy cheap; at least buy American made cheap. ;)