Atten: E.TN **Norris Range Sunday Oct 11th**

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to meet everyone. I don'y have much ammo, but I think I'll settle down a bit this time and move towards taking pictures after shooting my share. We never have enough pictures.

He can borrow my nancy pad if he wants :D

Thank you....he may need it. ;)

We've been saying 1ish.

I've not been there on "after church" Sunday before, might not be a bad idea for some of use to show around noon to grab some stations?

- OS

I was planning on getting there around 12:30....maybe earlier if Matt shows up at my house on time. :P

I will warn you...sunny sundays at Norris are typically very busy.

Really?? I've been up there 5 or 6 times from 10am to 3pm and it hasn't been busy much at all. :D

Besides, we can all share...right!!:D

Man o' man....sitting here at work waiting on time to pass is killing me. :tough:

I can't wait to meet everyone. I don'y have much ammo, but I think I'll settle down a bit this time and move towards taking pictures after shooting my share. We never have enough pictures.

Awsome. I've got my camera charged up and ready to go as well...:tough:

Well, that was fun. I reneged on my phototaking, though.

I shot about 50 or so rounds of .45, most of my .30CAR, and all but 10 rounds of my 7.62x54R.

Grease up that Marlin, OhShoot, it should make the lever a bit smoother to work.

.. Grease up that Marlin, OhShoot, it should make the lever a bit smoother to work.

Maybe I should try a little actual grease, just been using CLP. The Marlin guys say to sit around and jack it a thousand times while watching tube or something, but I haven't done that yet.

Good to see everyone today, always enjoy it a lot!

- OS

Maybe I should try a little actual grease, just been using CLP. The Marlin guys say to sit around and jack it a thousand times while watching tube or something, but I haven't done that yet.

Good to see everyone today, always enjoy it a lot!

- OS

I've been using CLP or Hoppe's lube oil in the 39, and it's a bit stiff, so next time I clean it I'm using Berryhill's grease.

Both should make it easier on the hands. But don't do it with your knuckles! They'll swell up after so much.

Guest Gun Geek

Well heck, after my daughters fever broke I boot scooted up to Norris P.D. Past the range twice. The cop said there is a sign that says rifle range so I was looking for a sign not a 4x4 post that blends in with the trees. Made it just in time to tell everyone see you later. Everyone was leaving as we got up there.

Still had a good time popped off a hundred or so AK and my mosin, sighted in my 22 and practiced with my carry. No pictures or video though.. nobody was there.

Well heck, after my daughters fever broke I boot scooted up to Norris P.D. Past the range twice. The cop said there is a sign that says rifle range so I was looking for a sign not a 4x4 post that blends in with the trees. Made it just in time to tell everyone see you later. Everyone was leaving as we got up there.

Still had a good time popped off a hundred or so AK and my mosin, sighted in my 22 and practiced with my carry. No pictures or video though.. nobody was there.

Okay, make us feel guilty.

Just go ahead, we can take it. :confused:

And don't mention that your friend was still there with you so we didn't leave you totally alone in the wilds of the Norris Watershed. :D

- OS

Forgot to mention two real highlights for me today, got to shoot kwe45919's Tech 9, or rather half Tech 9 and half AB 10 :confused: - that thing is pretty sweet, not much recoil and quite accurate as long as you're not trying to play gangland slayer with it...

Also, got to shoot my first XDM, Garufa's .40.

I must say, everything everyone has said about them seems true, accurate as can be, recoil in the new design is absorbed better than on regular XD, just slick slick slick. As much as I like my two XDs, I'd wager there's an XDM 9 in my future.

- OS

Guest Gun Geek

LOL not trying to make you feel guilty. We shot and had fun, got to shoot at my new spinner target, that thing will get a lot of use here at home. There was another guy that came up with a Mosin. We were comparing muzzle blasts. His was rather small, for some reason my ammo is putting a 4ft ball of fire out the muzzle. I didnt know until they other guys shot it and made me watch. I have no idea what kind of ammo it is. Wish I videoed it just for the pure laugh factor. I let a complete strange fondle and shoot my current carry gun. Plus we had a blast four wheeling when we took a wrong trail and couldnt find a place to turn around... oops.

Guest Gun Geek

And don't mention that your friend was still there with you so we didn't leave you totally alone in the wilds of the Norris Watershed. :confused:

- OS

Hey I said we... Oh and driving through Norris we got this eerie feeling, there were no people, no kids playing in the yard, nobody outside I felt like I was in resident evil just waiting for the Zombies to attack.

Not to mention my GPS got lost. It knew where we were until we got lost then it just gave up and said "Recalculating.... cannot find route, cannot calculate route" then all was quiet it quit talking. All out gave up on me.

Hey guys...had tons of fun when I was up there...

My buddy had a great time and thanks to Oh Shoot and c.a.s for letting him shoot some of your fine firearms.

Wish more people showed up and sorry I miss some of you but at 3pm we had to bug out to get my buddy home....

Oh Shoot....you actually shot a complete AB-10. As the lower for my Tec-9 has a trigger spring broke, I brought the Tec-9 upper to use on the AB-10 lower as they are interchangeable. However, the Tec-9 had some light primmer strikes when firing it and I kept having to manually eject the rounds and try again. It's something I need to address before I try to shoot it again.