Atten: E.TN **Norris Range Sunday Oct 11th**

Hard to believe that October is already upon us.

I choose Sunday vs Saturday because of all the lame excuses people give about "having" to watch the Vols. Also trying to give a few weeks notice for those who have to get the wife's permission. ;)

Anyways........

Shootin' Place: Norris Range

When : Sunday October 11th AT 1pm (or earlier...just save us a spot)

Who : All E.TN TGO'ers.........you know who you are.:P

I'd love to have one more big shootin' meet again before the years up. So bring who ya want to bring and bring what you want to shoot. If ya don't have ammo for something special you'd like to play with, post up and someone here will surely be able to help you out. :P

OhShoot.....I have a box of .357 so make sure you get to shoot some of 'em. I'm bringing my .357 back with new grips, hopefully my hand won't hurt this time....:D

Edited by kwe45919
Date Change
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this much prior notification, I should be able to go!

I don't have much ammo for everything, but that's never stopped me before! I'll just shoot the .22 more, since I have a couple thousand of that knocking around.

Where is the Norris range? Do you still have to stop by Norris PD and get a key? What's the annual membership ciost? We just moved to Powell, so Norris is now a lot closer than it used to be.

Yep, still run by PD.

$30/year, June 30th , you keep key.

$15 one day, plus key deposit, you have to turn key back in.

Range about 4 mi away from PD on Upper Clear Creek Road.

- OS

If there was ever a worse deal than the one day pass to the Norris range I haven't heard about it.

I'll try to practice up and get up there. Chances are I'll have a bunch of those fancy flake off targets with staple holes but no other damage...

Guest Gun Geek

I am in, but I think I would like to be there before 1 so I might be there a bit earlier. Thanks for the early warning too..... gives me time to order more ammo.

Has anyone come across any .45ACP ammo yet? Besides Rem UMC

Guest Gun Geek
Google Palmetto State Armory. They have some Tula (Wolf) steel-case stuff at a decent price.
$159.00 per 50rd box
WHAAAA???

Oh wait click on it and it says 500 --- big typo there.

Edited by Gun Geek
Wow, is it later on your side of the county, or what?

I've still got 17 days over here! :)

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be there...I pop up there generally at least once a week these days routinely.

- OS

It was stated that way so those who need more notice and time to arrange plans to attend can see they have time to get their crap together and be there. No ball games, church will be over with, pleanty of notice for everyone, weather won't be steamy hot....over all, should be perfect. :P

I hate to say anything but last time I was at Norris Range someone took the time to write the closed dates down for me.

As I was getting ready to try and sneak up there tomorrow (I was getting ready to PM OhShoot, he's got 22s!) I noted that it seems that Oct 4 is one of the closed days at the range.

The days I have down for the range being closed are sept 26-oct 4 and nov 21-29.

I'm probably making some mistake, I'm an idiot and all, but someone might want to check open dates.

I wish I knew when the new boards went up, I think it would be fascinating to see what round does what to the particle board.

I hate to say anything but last time I was at Norris Range someone took the time to write the closed dates down for me.

As I was getting ready to try and sneak up there tomorrow (I was getting ready to PM OhShoot, he's got 22s!) I noted that it seems that Oct 4 is one of the closed days at the range.

The days I have down for the range being closed are sept 26-oct 4 and nov 21-29.

I'm probably making some mistake, I'm an idiot and all, but someone might want to check open dates.

I wish I knew when the new boards went up, I think it would be fascinating to see what round does what to the particle board.

I call tomarrow if I can and double check. It'll suck if it is but we'll just have to wait and then either try for the 27th of Sept or the 11th of Oct.

They replace the particle board every now and again so eventually you'll get some fresh to shoot at....:tough:

I call tomarrow if I can and double check. It'll suck if it is but we'll just have to wait and then either try for the 27th of Sept or the 11th of Oct...

I just called...

Confirmed: range closed Sept 26-Oct. 4

and: Nov 21-29

Good catch, Mosinon.

(DUH: I was the one that wrote that down on his permit AND my own!)

I'm out of town next week so I'd vote for the Oct. 11, but y'all don't need moi up there to make it happen...

- OS

CAS....whats that have to do with the 11th? 11th on a Sunday...at Norris...heck yeah I will be there...too bad they dont allow Full Auto's or I would bring the M11/9....guess I will have to settle for the Saiga 12 and 20rd drums...start saving up random boxes and cartons to blow up people(Norris doesnt like you to use shotguns with bird/buck on their backstops).