The biggest, baddest, rootinest, tootinest movie star there ever was!

Guest jackdm3

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikedwood

I think Clint Eastwood has been many different Bad @$$3$ even recently. He's probably tops in my book. The westerns, Dirty Harry, Every Which Way but Loose, and so many more.

When I was a kid I also thought William Shatner was pretty freakin tough and last but not least Chuck Norris.

John Wayne was a great guy and I'm glad for all the things he did. I'm not much on his acting though. I am glad so many people get enjoyment from him.

Currently Jack Bauer is the most awesome Bad @$$ on the planet. I am hooked on 24.

• 1 month later...
Guest jackdm3

Target has a 4-in-1 disc of John Wayne.

Flying Leathernecks

Operation Pacific

Back To Bataan

They Were Expendable

Also, a Dirty Harry multi as well as a whole section of Warner Brothers 4-in-1 discs.

Oh yeah...very anti gun. She got on her liberal soapbox recently in promoting Avatar. She went back in time to the Alien series and said how she felt torn about playing Ripley, using guns, etc. all the while her anti-2A loins were burning. Well, of course she shed her principles for the paycheck. Now she has the nerve to play this spin game.

Personally I'm boycotting Avatar because of her and the tree-huggin-army-hating message it has.

Probably going to get in trouble but I could not resist

Thats why you get them off torrent sites. That way you don't go against your principles by giving the Anti's any of your money.

Guest Jamie

Yes, John Wayne is the king ( okay, the Duke :confused: ), but I've gotta wonder at Tom Selleck not even getting an honorable mention for Quigley, The Sackets, The Shadow Riders, etc. in all of this.

J.

Guest Jamie

Yes, but Selleck makes up for it in Quigley. :confused:

( Quigley took 2 major asswhuppin's and still killed every SOB on the ranch. )

J.

Edited by Jamie
Guest Jamie
...Hell, he'd probably throw John Wayne outta the way to get to a fight!

Now THAT would be interesting to see...

Edit: Folks need to keep in mind that everything they see Wayne do from about 1964 on, he's doing with only one lung. Not bad for a "fat old man".

Oh, and Chuck Norris is gonna get you for saying stuff like that. :confused:

J.

Edited by Jamie
Exactly, of course, Brando, Marvin, Stewart, and a host of WWII era actors went to war, went in combat, and came back.

Today's "stars" are wimps.

One that I will remember? Jack Palance.

Palance was badly burned during WWII when a bomber he was piloting crashed; the resulting plastic surgery helped give his face its taut, leathery look.

He was born of Immigrant parents, from Hungary. He played bad guys and good guys.

but for me..the true tough guy would be Lee Marvin.

If you've ever read some of his quotes, you'd like him. The ones he made OUTSIDE the movies.

and the truest test of his character? he was buried in Arlington. No special headstone or plot, like many of the other actors who never fought.

Just a simple head stone with a cross and the words "Marvin, Lee, PFC Marine corps. and his birth and death date.

the truest test of his character? he was buried in Arlington. No special headstone or plot, like many of the other actors who never fought.

Just a simple head stone with a cross and the words "Marvin, Lee, PFC Marine corps. and his birth and death date.

Now I did not know that. Respect increase 100%

Now I did not know that. Respect increase 100%

another thing you probably wouldn't know...those folks who knew him would tell you that he was as fast with his fists off the set as he was on the set.

oh..and some of his quotes?

"Tequila. Straight. There's a real polite drink. You keep drinking until you finally take one more and it just won't go down. Then you know you've reached your limit. "

"If I have any appeal at all, it's to the fellow who takes out the garbage. "

"As soon as people see my face on a movie screen, they knew two things: first, I'm not going to get the girl, and second, I'll get a cheap funeral before the picture is over. "

"I love Marlon Brando. Never seem him bad, just less good. "

“Ah, stardom! They put your name on a star in the sidewalk on Hollywood Boulevard and you walk down and find a pile of dog manure on it. That tells the whole story, baby.â€

Guest Bluemax

I already voted for John Wayne and Audie Murphy but I'll throw a couple of honorable mentions out. Terrance Hill from Trinity and Doug Mclure from most everything he was in.