Why The .40 Rules

Garufa

A definitive study in caliber superiority.

After much consideration, observation and experimentation it has finally been determined that the .40 S&W reigns supreme, excelling over its major contenders: the 9mm Luger and .45 ACP, in all applications. Extended study of empirical evidence indicates that the mightiness of the round is quite evident based solely on....packaging!

The following exhibits should tell the tale:

Figure 1. 9mm

Note the haphazard, seemingly random packing of the little bullets in their diminuntive box. Just dumped in with no thought to the effects of constant contact and brass rubbing from one shell onto the bullet of the next. Undoubteldy this friction must lead to reduced performance.

wwb9.jpg

Figure 2. .45 ACP

The venerable old .45's do not quite suffer the indignity of their smaller, European counterparts, in that they are alinged quite nicely in the container, but are still packed loosely. Apparently this is of no concern, however one must expect the bullets to not meet expectations.

wwb45.jpg

Figure 3. .40 S&W

Now behold the .40 rounds delicately cradled in a styrofoam tray, each round in it's own little silo. Thus segregated, maximum performance and awesomeness is guaranteed as the effects of undue jostling are negated by the protective powers of the tray. They round is so powerful this packaging is required by law to prevent small earth-shattering kabooms during transport.

wwb40.jpg

Clearly the .40 is the best!

Edited by Garufa
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nokomom

Yes, I chose a .40 carry gun for the very reason listed above. Those little trays were the selling point. They are great at organizing your makeup brushes, lipliner, and eyeliner collections also.

Or maybe the 40's are just so fragile they need extra care in the packing...kinda like shipping fine china...

Yes, I chose a .40 carry gun for the very reason listed above. Those little trays were the selling point. They are great at organizing your makeup brushes, lipliner, and eyeliner collections also.

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try that!

:dunno:

A definitive study in caliber superiority.

After much consideration, observation and experimentation it has finally been determined that the .40 S&W reigns supreme, excelling over its major contenders: the 9mm Luger and .45 ACP, in all applications. Extended study of empirical evidence indicates that the mightiness of the round is quite evident based solely on....packaging!

I don't want to play favorites, I collect all three calibers, but perhaps the .40s are just more sensitive. Extreme sensitivity, in today's PC world, merits extra coddling, doesn't it? We wouldn't want them offended or stressed. Maybe if the 9s and 45s whined a bit they could be coddled too.

Guest jackdm3

I can't believe I never noticed this! This discovery could be revolutionary. All I own is .40s and I never knew of the disorder and chaos in the world. It's good to see the .40 caliber departments of the world may be able to save us all!

Guest Matchguy
I can't believe I never noticed this! This discovery could be revolutionary. All I own is .40s and I never knew of the disorder and chaos in the world. It's good to see the .40 caliber departments of the world may be able to save us all!

Well if all this is true, then the Principle of Individual Cartridge Packaging has just elevated the .22 Long Rifle cartridge into being the best cartridge this side of heaven because those little suckers have come in neat little individual full-of-holes-trays for years, even in the cheap brands.....But then, who in his right mind would name a thread "Why The .22 Rules!?"

:dunno:

MG

Bought 'em from that guy who clears out all of the Walmarts and then sells them at the gun shows for 200% retail.

I am still convinced that that guy has something to do with the use of

Boysenberry Syrup at IHOP. :dunno:

Edited by R1100R
Guest UTVOL87

The last three boxes of 100 count Winchester 9mm that I have bought actually each contained 101 cartridges. I was transferring them to a 100 cartridge plastic container (with little silos for each one) and I always had one left over from each box.