Glocks

Guest Ae-35

Which Glock Size and Caliber Do You Carry? (Please select a Frame and Caliber)  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Which Glock Size and Caliber Do You Carry? (Please select a Frame and Caliber)

• Subcompact: G26, 27, 33, 36 or 39
    • Midsize: G19, 23, 29, 30, 32 or 38
    • Fullsize: G17, 20, 21, 22, 31 or 37
    • Target/Competition: G17L, 34 or 35
    • 9mm
    • .40s&w
    • .357sig
    • .45gap
    • .45acp
    • 10mm

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my first Glock right before the Brady Bill became law , a g 17, and they were flying off the shelves. I just liked what I saw and was impressed the from the first shot.

Now the proud owner of a g30, g30sf and a g21sf. I still have the 17. Terry, your p89

is my other favorite 9mm. I don't know why I don't have one. :up:

Guest Micromancer
Does the G23 not sit well in an ankle holster? I was thinking of getting one.

Tom

What I do is read and retain. The majority of info that stays the same is what sticks. What I see people doing is:

One or two full size 15 round .40 mags weak side

G23 in an M-TAC IWB holster at 3-4 oclock

G27 in weak side ankle holster.

19/26 also works for this as well. What you get is the the most concealability with the ability to share mags between both guns while being able to carry around a box of ammo already loaded and ready to go.

By all means a 23 CAN go on the ankle. But then you'd be putting a G22 on your hip, making concealment problematic without compensating by wearing clothing that might hinder access. If you are putting a 23 on the ankle, and another on the hip - you would probably be better off with dual M-TACs giving you a ghetto booty.

Edit: What I am getting at is the 23 is a good choice. But if you get it and it's the only gun you intend on carrying, put it in an IWB holster rather than on the ankle.

Until quite recently, I was of the mistaken impression that the total wound potential of 13 round of .40 was greater than 15 rounds of 9mm, which is what prompted me to choose the 23 in the first place. Better odds of critical tissue damage to stop whatever was threatening me. I was later shown the math with data from several types of rounds both FMJ and JHP and the conclusion is that 15 rounds of 9MM does more total damage to tissue.

Final point: What you really want is a G19. And this is from a guy that carries his G23 everywhere.

Edited by Micromancer
Clarity
Guest Micromancer
If there weren't XD 9 Service and XD 9 Sub Compact, I'd have Glock 19 and 26.

- OS

The grip safety on the XD guns turns me off big time. Under duress you may not have the backstrap as covered as you should giving the potential for the gun not firing when you need it. More importantly, it is also my understanding that you can not rack the slide unless it is fully engaged. This means reloading may be problematic if again you are under duress and the slide has not locked back at the top of the mag.

They are OK guns in their own right but given the mags failure with even a small amount of debris and the possibility of the functionality of the guns themselves being hindered, I can't put my life behind them.

My guess would be that overall, worldwide, the 19 is the most widely produced and purchased GLOCK.

But.......I would have to say that, in our HCP classes, we see more 23's than any other GLOCK model.

I have to agree, my first Glock is a G19, my second Glock will be a Gen 4, 23 and I want to buy the .357 Sig barrel to drop into the G23. I hope to stop the Glock madness then!!! But the G21 LEO trade ins for $329 I seen last night on another sight in VG condition has me thinking!!!!!! Damn Glock's and Sig's, it's a love and hate relationship? Love to have them, hate to pay for them... COOP

...They are OK guns in their own right but given the mags failure with even a small amount of debris and the possibility of the functionality of the guns themselves being hindered, I can't put my life behind them.

Can't see how the XD mags could be any more susceptible to failure from "debris" than Glock ones, and certainly have never read of such.

As far as the grip safety, funny how you never hear any criticism of 1911s in that regard. Indeed, the XD grip safety is extremely light compared to most 1911s, and it would be extremely difficult to actually hold it in such a way to manage a trigger pull yet not depress the grip safety.

- OS

Guest hi im drummer03
If there weren't XD 9 Service and XD 9 Sub Compact, I'd have Glock 19 and 26.

- OS

If there wasnt Glock 19 and 26,i would have a XD9 Service and XD9 Sub Compact *wink*

Guest The Highlander

As I recall reading, the G17 is the best seller worldwide, but the G22 has the vast majority of the US law enforcement market. Don't remember where I read that, and I sure wouldn't argue if someone else has actual cites.

I've never met a Glock I didn't like.

As far as caliber, I like the 9mm, 10mm, .357 SIG, .45 ACP. Not necessarily in that order.

Don't own a Glock .40 or any .40 for that matter. I guess because I consider it a .38 special/.357 magnum type light load for the 10mm, and a compromise between the 9mm capacity and .45 ACP power. Why compromise?

Guest hi im drummer03
As I recall reading, the G17 is the best seller worldwide, but the G22 has the vast majority of the US law enforcement market. Don't remember where I read that, and I sure wouldn't argue if someone else has actual cites.

I've never met a Glock I didn't like.

As far as caliber, I like the 9mm, 10mm, .357 SIG, .45 ACP. Not necessarily in that order.

Don't own a Glock .40 or any .40 for that matter. I guess because I consider it a .38 special/.357 magnum type light load for the 10mm, and a compromise between the 9mm capacity and .45 ACP power. Why compromise?

40 is considered a 357 or 38,serious?

Guest The Highlander

Drummer,

Reread my post. What I'm talking about is the correlation between the rounds. The .38 special is approximately 1/10" shorter in OAL than the .357 magnum. Other dimensions are the same, so a revolver chambered for .357 is also capable of chambering and firing the less powerful .38 special.

While the .38 special was first, then the .357 was developed, the 10mm is actually the "daddy" of the .40 S&W. After the FBI adopted the 10mm, several other law enforcement agencies did as well. Unfortunately, the original round was pretty snappy, and recoil shy personnel complained. So, S&W developed the .40.

Just like the .38/.357, a revolver chambered for 10mm will easily digest .40 S&W rounds. That is why I said the .40 is a light load for a 10mm.

While those of us who really like the 10mm refer to it as the .40 Short & Weak, it is obviously a fine round, and in my case, I was being a little tongue in cheek with my comments.

Hope I clarified that a little,

The Highlander

i carry a 27. one of my buds carrys a 21 on duty and another has a 26. For carry i choose 26 or 27.

A lot of people whine about the stuby grip and sometimes i throw a mag in with the +1 grip extention but usually carry with the oem magazine. i have no probs being accurate with the stubby grip.

I would like to get a full size but i think a 1911 is in my future before another glock.

I have a G19 and am very happy with it.

My only gripe and it 's a personal problem that I would have with most any gun is that I'm shooting a right handed gun left handed so I am trying to learn to operate the mag release with my trigger finger instead of my thumb.

Glock has a left hand mag release button, but only outside the U.S. I wonder why that is.

I had a 23 about 10 years ago and trade it in for a 30 about 4 months ago and love shooting it. I bought a 27 brand new and never shot it. Thinking of trading a 27 for a 26 or just keeping the 27 and buying a 26. What is your suggestion?

Pick up a 9mm conversion barrel for the G27...much cheaper option...then you basically have both...