Thoughts on mac 10 in 9mm?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent had a chance to use a M10/9 however I have used the M11/9 a good bit now and it is a really fun gun. They are the cheapest sub guns on the market however it seems the value on them is going up every year pretty much. Some people seem to not like this style of weapon when its in its stock configuration seeing as how its an extremely fast shooting bullet hose, so most like the addition of the LAGE upper which completely changes the way the weapon functions and seems to make it a weapon that is taken more serious in the FA world (especially in competitions) With LAGE Upper you can pick between 3 bolts each giving the gun a different cyclic rate 600 rpm being the slowest, then the tactical bolt has a 750rpm speed, then the speed bolt is around 900rpm.

From what I have read and what I have seen from my M11/9 I would say the M10/9 is reliable weapon just feed it the right ammo and watch for squib rounds and you should be ok

If you really want to talk to some experts on this gun just go to uzitalk.com and search the forum a little bit check out the Mac thread pretty much every Mac related question has been asked and answered.

Edited by ~48_South~

I have a M10 9mm with the Lage Slo-Fire upper. The only ammo that it will feed reliably is Winchester white box 115gr. I have had no luck with flat point (subsonic 147 grain) or hollow point. I need to do a little tuning to get it running the way that I would like it to. It is fun to blast with but it is no target gun.

I have a M10 9mm with the Lage Slo-Fire upper. The only ammo that it will feed reliably is Winchester white box 115gr. I have had no luck with flat point (subsonic 147 grain) or hollow point. I need to do a little tuning to get it running the way that I would like it to. It is fun to blast with but it is no target gun.

Did it run better with the stock upper?

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop
Is a mac 10 considered a "bolt" or "receiver" gun? Can you legally add .22 conversion kits?

All macs I have ever known are registered receiver guns, not saying a bolt gun does not exist but I highly doubt it.

I am doing a write up regarding the various options in terms of transferable sub-guns for my web site and will go over a bit about all the MAC based guns. It will be done soon. There are other options in your price range so if you don't want a MAC don't get one just because they seem to typically be the cheapest.

Keep in mind there were various manufactures of MAC based guns, at least 5 companies made the things and you occasionally run across a home bent flat "Form-1" mac. However, all M11/9 guns were made by SWD.

For now let me say this, only get a M10/9 if it has already been converted to take STEN mags, or if you can source a qualified 01 SOT to make the modification. You need to watch out especially for the Texas made M10/9 that if I remember correctly use a proprietary mag that are rare and VERY EXPENSIVE!

You should be able to find a nice M10/9 PS made gun with a STEN mag well conversion for $3000 to $3200 without too much trouble.

If you don't mind running a non-stock upper get a M11/9 and the Lage upper and be prepared to be very happy. If you want something that stock has a slower rate of fire (600 rpm) why not look into the various STEN tube guns.

For now let me say this, only get a M10/9 if it has already been converted to take STEN mags, or if you can source a qualified 01 SOT to make the modification. You need to watch out especially for the Texas made M10/9 that if I remember correctly use a proprietary mag that are rare and VERY EXPENSIVE!

I have been looking at 2 mac 10/9s. Both have 9mm magazines and are double stacked mags. Both were stamped georgia and have Cobray logos. I looks like the mags are selling for $100+ which is high. I have looked at the uzi mag conversion that practical products sells since I have a lot of uzi mags laying around.

Practical Solutions - MAC 10/9 Uzi Conversion (Powered by CubeCart)

The prices I am seeing are around $2500-$2800 so the price seems to be right.

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

http://www.holcombguns.com/

The site only has a menu bar up and a picture of my Uzi, but I just launched it a few days ago and will add content that is actually useful very soon.

The article I have been writing is geared toward the semi-affordable $8000 and down sub-guns. I hope to cover the following when I launch the article.

Uzi (registered receivers, and registered bolts)

Mini Uzi (registered receivers, and registered bolts)

M10/45 (all manufactures)

M10/9 (all manufactures and variations)

M11/9

Mk.760

S&W 76

Sterling (tube guns, both actual sterlings and converted STEN tube stenlings)

STEN (tube guns and an overview of the good manufactures as so many made them)

Later but with a week or two of the launch I will add overviews of......

Lanchester (tube guns, mostly those built on STEN tubes)

Spitfire carbine (i don't like these at all but another low $ option)

Stemple (don't care for these either but I want to have at the very least a semi overview of the various original configuration Stemple, I won't go into the new (and overpriced) STG "stemple take down guns")

I might add a section for MP40 tube guns, but they are typically more than the $7500 to $8000 threshold I am trying to keep this guide geared toward.

The guide covers basics about each design, the types of conversions done (if any) what to look for when buying, what to completely avoid, overall ownership cost (mags and parts) available accessories, caliber conversions, 22LR conversions, etc.....

Be warned I am by no means a professional author, I am by education and trade an engineer and thus not a master of the literary art. However, I do know the in's and out's of firearms and this knowledge might be of some use to others.

I hope to have the first version of the guide posted within a week or less.

Edited by TwoLaneBlackTop

I love my M-11/9 with Lage upper. I am looking at moving into an UZI though. If you are interested in a complete package with suppressor check here:

M-11/9 Submachine gun - Street Car Forums - auto forum uniting car and race enthusiast everywhere!

It is in state so it would only be $400 in taxes.

If you didn't want the can I'd knock off $200 and it would save you an additional $200 in taxes.

Edited by awdbandito
I love my M-11/9 with Lage upper. I am looking at moving into an UZI though. If you are interested in a complete package with suppressor check here:

M-11/9 Submachine gun - Street Car Forums - auto forum uniting car and race enthusiast everywhere!

It is in state so it would only be $400 in taxes.

If you didn't want the can I'd knock off $200 and it would save you an additional $200 in taxes.

That's a real nice setup but a couple grand more than my budget.

That's a real nice setup but a couple grand more than my budget.

I understand completey. I will say that if you purchase an automatic weapon get ready to start stashing away ammo. A stock MAC runs at or above 1100 RPM. It is also hard to find one for less than $3k right now, and that is if you're lucky.

• 2 months later...
Guest moreland281

I own a NIB M10 and a M11 (was NIB when I got it lol)

I love the M11 9mm but its a FAST little thing. The m10 should be just as fun (but more controlable as it is a bit heavier)

I do plan on selling the M10 and getting an UZI or a M16 in 9mm (no since in having 2 macs)

I have an M11/9 with a Lage Upper and its a lot of fun....my biggest problem with it is finding reliable mags without going the sten conversion route...currently the metal ones im using are super reliable with 20rds, but even at ~650rpm that goes very fast...with the C-more sight on it accuracy is actually quite good.