I wish Glock would make...

Guest 10mm4me

Guest 10mm4me

A single stack, G19 size, .45 ACP with an extended beavertail, w/slimmed down grip(1911 size), a long slide about 2mm thinner than the G36(1911 size),dovetailed front and rear sights.Basically a polymer framed, striker fired 1911 esque pistola w/no grip safety.And call it the G11.I would so be all over that.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 10mm4me

I have been thinking about it. I have shot alot of 1911's. It is just that, Glocks are the perfect handgun and I cannot bring myself to spend money on other handguns.Glocks are not pretty, and I will be the first to say that a well built 1911 feels 10x better in the hand and will leave a Glock in the dust on a range. But when it comes down to sheer reliability, and using it as a weapon....Glock has no competion.That is why Glock should keep its basic design, and mold it(should be easy, they're polymer) into a 1911 style gun w/1911 diminsions.But it will never happen:(

My suspicion is that the R&D guys at Glock have already tried it and it failed. My gut feeling is that in order to make a polymer gun look and feel like a 1911, you'd have to make the polymer walls much thinner than they currently are and it can't take the pressure. If they could make a dollar on it, they'd do it.

Guest hi im drummer03
Just cut to the chase and get a "real" 1911. You will never look at your polymers the same way again.

Amen... It could not have been said any better....

Guest hi im drummer03
I have been thinking about it. I have shot alot of 1911's. It is just that, Glocks are the perfect handgun and I cannot bring myself to spend money on other handguns.Glocks are not pretty, and I will be the first to say that a well built 1911 feels 10x better in the hand and will leave a Glock in the dust on a range. But when it comes down to sheer reliability, and using it as a weapon....Glock has no competion.That is why Glock should keep its basic design, and mold it(should be easy, they're polymer) into a 1911 style gun w/1911 diminsions.But it will never happen:(

Do you plan on carrying this gun?

Do you carry a Glock now and what model?

Guest That Guy
Just cut to the chase and get a "real" 1911. You will never look at your polymers the same way again.

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I own several Glocks (22, 27, 30, 36) and I love them all. Infact, I keep one with a weapon light on the night stand to compliment the 870. I never question my Glocks' reliability.

With that said, I carry my 1911 nearly every day! Once you get "bit" but the 1911 "bug", it is hard to shake. I encourage you to do some research and take the plunge. There is not one "catch-all, do-everything" gun. Vareity is a good thing.

Guest 70below
A single stack, G19 size, .45 ACP with an extended beavertail, w/slimmed down grip(1911 size), a long slide about 2mm thinner than the G36(1911 size),dovetailed front and rear sights.Basically a polymer framed, striker fired 1911 esque pistola w/no grip safety.And call it the G11.I would so be all over that.

Behold........they make it in .40s&w.......

PPS.jpg

pps_gross_prod.gif

I love mine......though I opted for 9mm.....

Edited by 70below

I'm in Smyrna Georgia for my Glock armorer class in the morning, I'm going to print your suggestions and personally give them to the senior management team, I'll let you how that go's!!!! COOP

Guest 10mm4me
I'm in Smyrna Georgia for my Glock armorer class in the morning, I'm going to print your suggestions and personally give them to the senior management team, I'll let you how that go's!!!! COOP

Sweet.

Guest 10mm4me

They could def do it. The problem is, they would in turn be admitting openly to the world that their own ergonomics are inferior to the John Browning's.Standard Glocks have their place, but if they culd combine the function and simplicity of Glock w/the ergonomics of a 1911, they would def have something

Guest 10mm4me
Behold........they make it in .40s&w.......

PPS.jpg

pps_gross_prod.gif

I love mine......though I opted for 9mm.....

I like the PPS, but it is so pricey for such a small polymer gun.It is a litle too small for what I was picturing.Robar does a grip reduction and extended beavertail on Glocks that kinda looks like I want.

I had a Wilson KZ Compact .45. Worst pos I ever owned. Never again will I fall for the high dollar hype. The RIA I sold was one of the best 1911's I ever had.

Sorry but the KZ is not a REAL Wilson 1911, why they came out with that POS line is beyond me, have you ever shot a Wilson steel 1911?

Guest 10mm4me

If Glock would just make a full size .45 with the same dimensions as the G36, that would just be freekin awesome,Why they finally make an ergonomically sound, single stack .45 and make it tiny as hell is way beyond me....Europeans!