Quietly Observing

Hello everyone, I am new here and have enjoyed reading what others post and have learned something each time. This site has a wealth of useful information and we can always benefit from good information.

I am an HCP holder and put a lot of thought into the responsibilities of having it. Having said that, I have read some posts that concern me when I drill down into the possible repercussions of what seems like perfectly legal and acceptable actions.

One, is going for a walkabout armed just to see if someone notices. Secondly is open carry. The third concern is informing businesses that they are not legally posted. Again, I do understand that we have the legal right to do so.

I have made some personal choices that should be important to all of us.

(a) The first is not to carry to be seen or try to be noticed, secondly not to open carry. If we do these things it just draws attention to ourselves and gives the liberal sheep another thump on the nose :stick:to stand up for gun control. For those against HCP's it is like pouring salt in a wound.:stir:I think it is best to be unnoticed :cool:and enjoy our rights as we go about our daily lives. Remember the old saying, out of sight, out of mind. :taunt:

We should however stand up and fight for the rights our forefathers and veterans gave their lives and time to insure we have. There is a place and time to fight legal and judicial battles and it is not at your local retailer. What they don't know will not hurt them, what they do know gives passage for talking up a wave of people to be against us and our rights.

A man's wife may be extremely good looking but he doesnt take her to Wal Mart in a bikini just to see if everyone notices does he?

(:D If we just let the businesses alone who are not posting in compliance and quietly carry, we always have an ace in the hole. Let them figure it out on their own (or not). You would not stop on the side of the road and tell a trooper shooting radar that he did not do it correctly or he would have caught you speeding would you?

We do not need to prove to the world that we can protect ourselves unless we unfortunately have to do it.

These of course are just my personal opinions. Think about it.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome....i agree with most of what you say. i personally own a small business. if i wasnt carfully watching the hcp laws i would not have know about the changes over the last few months. I dont dine where i cant carry. Period. I also support local returants and businesses whenever possible. I hope ya'll do the same. Small business owners like myself need the support. I would love to have any of you HCP holders dine at my restaurant at any time. ASK for ben and I.d. yourself. You might get a discount :) IM me if you dont know of the restaurant in the tri cities area

While there are some post on here were members have done the behavior you mention over time I don't think you will find that is what the majority of members do.

As far as OC goes, although I rarely, if ever, do it, I fully support those that choose do so as simply a form of carry and not the hey look at me factor. I really don't think that everyone that OC is doing this.

I think it is a personal choice and no one person personal choice fits everyone else.

I wholeheartedly agree on not informing business of their wrong posting or asking them if prohibit carry or not in the absence of a sign.

The only time I might pointing a business to the law about proper posting is if by repeated statements and/or actions they have shown to be determined to cause trouble for those that carry in their place. That would just be so that HCP holders could clearly see before entering.

Guest Drewsett
Hello everyone, I am new here and have enjoyed reading what others post and have learned something each time. This site has a wealth of useful information and we can always benefit from good information.

I am an HCP holder and put a lot of thought into the responsibilities of having it. Having said that, I have read some posts that concern me when I drill down into the possible repercussions of what seems like perfectly legal and acceptable actions.

One, is going for a walkabout armed just to see if someone notices. Secondly is open carry. The third concern is informing businesses that they are not legally posted. Again, I do understand that we have the legal right to do so.

I have made some personal choices that should be important to all of us.

(a) The first is not to carry to be seen or try to be noticed, secondly not to open carry. If we do these things it just draws attention to ourselves and gives the liberal sheep another thump on the nose :stick:to stand up for gun control. For those against HCP's it is like pouring salt in a wound.:stir:I think it is best to be unnoticed :cool:and enjoy our rights as we go about our daily lives. Remember the old saying, out of sight, out of mind. :tough:

We should however stand up and fight for the rights our forefathers and veterans gave their lives and time to insure we have. There is a place and time to fight legal and judicial battles and it is not at your local retailer. What they don't know will not hurt them, what they do know gives passage for talking up a wave of people to be against us and our rights.

A man's wife may be extremely good looking but he doesnt take her to Wal Mart in a bikini just to see if everyone notices does he?

(B) If we just let the businesses alone who are not posting in compliance and quietly carry, we always have an ace in the hole. Let them figure it out on their own (or not). You would not stop on the side of the road and tell a trooper shooting radar that he did not do it correctly or he would have caught you speeding would you?

We do not need to prove to the world that we can protect ourselves unless we unfortunately have to do it.

These of course are just my personal opinions. Think about it.

I never did understand the whole "take a trip to Walmart when you get your HCP" thing. You put my thoughts into words very well sir!

Welcome to TGO!

I think the Wal Mart thing is more of a joke than anything. But, if you think of it, Wal Mart is a pretty good cross-section of the community, and there is more than likely more than one HCP in there at a time. Maybe that makes people feel more at ease for their first time out of the house with a gun under their shirt. I admit that I did make my first carry trip there last Saturday, but it was our normal grocery store trip, and that was the only place I had to go that day. To be honest, I had forgotten I had it until I went to the restroom. I completely agree with your view on OC. I'm not going to rag on anyone for doing it. It's within their rights. But I'm not going to walk beside of them while they are doing it.

I never did understand the whole "take a trip to Walmart when you get your HCP" thing. You put my thoughts into words very well sir!

Welcome to TGO!

It's not about being noticed...it is that because many new to carry "feel" like everyone knows they are carrying or can make them. So it is somewhat of inside joke, but to help them see that no one really does notice or can make you 99% of the time.