Interpol given free rein and immunity in USA

Last Thursday, December 17, 2009, The White House released an Executive Order “Amending Executive Order 12425.†It grants INTERPOL (International Criminal Police Organization) a new level of full diplomatic immunity afforded to foreign embassies and select other “International Organizations†as set forth in the United States International Organizations Immunities Act of 1945...

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/12/2...w-enforcement/

http://threatswatch.org/analysis/200...r-sovereignty/

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
I read this on another site and what doesnt make any sense is that interpol is not a physical department there are no officers that work for interpol its only a computer database system for international criminal tracking. Thats why this sounds like BS to me.

It is a real Executive Order. Do a Google search and you'll find it posted on the White House's website.

ETA: Interpol is an actual organization and employs several hundred people throughout it's member nations. It's current Secretary General is an American.

Edited by bkelm18
I read this on another site and what doesnt make any sense is that interpol is not a physical department there are no officers that work for interpol its only a computer database system for international criminal tracking. Thats why this sounds like BS to me.

Its a real EO, the full thing is on the WH website and was posted on Free Republic.

INTERPOL is real, its a cooperative effort made up of selected officers from Local, State and National Police Forces from around the globe. It started out as a clearing house for information and investigative material way back when but has morphed into a physical agency made up of real people with real powers of arrest.

Does that mean that Interpol has police powers inside our borders? Could they arrest you or I? That seems to me to require a treaty and the ratification process, or a constitutional amendment. I don't see how that could stand up to muster by Executive

Order. Some might even say it's treason.

Does that mean that Interpol has police powers inside our borders? Could they arrest you or I? That seems to me to require a treaty and the ratification process, or a constitutional amendment. I don't see how that could stand up to muster by Executive

Powers of arrest are unique, they are derived from the people, and here is how you give us our powers of arrest.

LEO's are empowered to arrest through charters that create cities and articles of incorporation if such articles so mandate the creation of a law enforcement body within the incorporated areas or through state constitutions where constitutionally elected sheriffs are empowered to enforce laws and hire deputies to act on his behalf.

These charters, articles of incorporation and state constitutions are created by people, like you who draft them up and vote them into being.

Federal LEO's are granted limited powers of arrest within the state strictly by state statute only. These statutes acknowledge their jurisdiction and limit their powers of arrest to federal search and seizure warrants, federal arrest warrants, crimes committed against the federal government within the venue of the state, to official and lawfully requested assistance by state or local agencies, who themselves are vested by charter or state constitution with powers of enforcement and arrest. Or to felonies committed in the presence of a federal law enforcement officer while on state soil.

Obama has no ability to give any one powers of arrest.

Congress can hire and empower agency heads and task them with enforcing the federal code and to hire agents to act on their behalf.

The Military can appoint its own law enforcement bodies as well as its own criminal justice and court system. But it only applies to military personnel. While a military police officer can arrest a civilian, both on and off military property for crimes committed in their presence as well as outstanding warrants. The arrested civilian must be turned over to stand trial in either a local criminal court or federal civilian court, whichever has jurisdiction.

All Obama can do is give them the same status as a diplomatic mission, which exempts them from certain laws while in the official course of their duties.

Anyone using an Interpol passport would need a visa to get in to the country. They aren't recognized as a group not needing a visa.

There is no one from interpol that's going to be arresting anyboby there is no such thing as international arrest powers. I dont know anybody that works for interpol and i work with all the fed agency's on a daily basis and there's no one from interpol that i've ever seen or heard of. I'll double check just to make sure. But like I said I belive its still just a information clearing house. according to there web site they only empoly 550 people and they are scatteered out in all different countries. The second link is what there role is in fugitive apprehension--They send out a bulletin abou that person. Don't get me wrong i dont like any of the stuff thats going on right now and i say we definatly have to keep an eye on them up in wash because they are going to continue to screw us over but everything that comes out is not as threatening as it seems is my point.

http://www.interpol.int/public/icpo/default.asp

http://www.interpol.int/Public/Wanted/fugitiveInvestServ.asp

Edited by TNrifleman
link added

Interpol staff aren't ambassadors. They aren't on the visa waiver list. UN diplomats even have to get visas. To be on the visa waiver list, you have to be from an approved country. Show me Interpol on the globe. A change to the immigration laws would be needed.

INTERPOL issues its first ever passports

SINGAPORE – INTERPOL today issued its first ever passports which will enable Heads of National Central Bureaus (NCBs) and staff to travel internationally without requiring a visa when assisting in transnational investigations or urgent deployments to incidents. Two countries, Pakistan and Ukraine, have already agreed to waive visa entry requirements for INTERPOL passport bearers, recognizing that those individuals will be travelling on behalf of the organization in the furtherance of international police co-operation.

Without the delay of visa processing procedures, any INTERPOL team can be immediately deployed to scenes of terrorist events, major crimes or natural disasters and officials from NCBs can easily cross borders to assist in fugitive extraditions.

The first member of the Executive Committee to receive the new passport, INTERPOL President Khoo Boon Hui, said that the document would significantly support the organization’s work.

“As the world’s largest police organization, INTERPOL needs to remain at the forefront of all activity which enhances member country security and safety,” said President Khoo.

“The INTERPOL passport contains state-of-the-art features that will not only facilitate the carrying out of important INTERPOL business worldwide, but will also serve as an example for the standards which should be implemented worldwide for travel document security.”

Secretary General Ronald K. Noble said that as more countries waived their visa requirements for INTERPOL passport holders, the more effective the organization’s support would become and he urged all member countries to seek the necessary governmental recognition and approval.

“When member countries ask INTERPOL for assistance to prevent, investigate, or respond to any terrorist act, serious crime or natural disaster, the safety and security of their citizens may depend on INTERPOL being in place as fast as possible,” said Secretary General Noble.

“That a person is travelling with an INTERPOL passport for official business should be all the information a country needs in order to grant them access. By agreeing to waive visas for INTERPOL passport holders, member countries will ultimately be assisting themselves,” added Mr Noble.

If the US waives the requirement, then their fun can begin.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the U.S. stopping them.

Mr. Noble:

Ronald Noble: Biography from Answers.com

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly

Here's a blurb over at FourthAmendment.com:

FourthAmendment.com - Post details: Fourth Amendment news--INTERPOL

I'm fairly certain this guy detests the government's evil more than most people I read. He doesn't seem too bent out of shape.

The issue of custodial arrest is curious. Why is it even being discussed, really? I don't think that's the real threat. The major issue to me is surveillance and the compiling of data.

Does that mean that Interpol has police powers inside our borders? Could they arrest you or I?

They could arrest you, handcuff you, take you into custody, interrogate you without a lawyer, and beat you with a rubber hose. Is it legal? It doesn’t matter; they have immunity. :)

There is no one from interpol that's going to be arresting anyboby there is no such thing as international arrest powers. I dont know anybody that works for interpol and i work with all the fed agency's on a daily basis and there's no one from interpol that i've ever seen or heard of. I'll double check just to make sure. But like I said I belive its still just a information clearing house. according to there web site they only empoly 550 people and they are scatteered out in all different countries. The second link is what there role is in fugitive apprehension--They send out a bulletin abou that person. Don't get me wrong i dont like any of the stuff thats going on right now and i say we definatly have to keep an eye on them up in wash because they are going to continue to screw us over but everything that comes out is not as threatening as it seems is my point.

About Interpol

Interpol - Wanted

A Pawn dosnt seem threatning on the chess table either till you use it to corner your opponints king. :)

Guest mikedwood
They could arrest you, handcuff you, take you into custody, interrogate you without a lawyer, and beat you with a rubber hose. Is it legal? It doesn’t matter; they have immunity. :D

Or just 00 you in a back alley or on CNN.

• 3 weeks later...

This has been going on for months and no one on this forum, except now has taken notice. I cant believe the apathy. You cry and moan over trivial laws and dont see the bigger picture. I f the shoe fits , wear it,. Get your head out of your ass , and smell the roses. :koolaid: or the cs. good post mousie.