Lane Kiffin leaving U.T. !!!!

FUJIMO

Guest mikedwood
I think they would be better off allowing Kippy run the thing until you find who they want... and it needs to be someone with ties to TN. Hell give Kippy a one year deal and see what he can do. . .

I think that would be the best idea in the long run.

Naaaa,,, UT will want another flash in the pants coach real fast.

But I do think that UT was so lucky Kiffen left. I really think the guy is a train wreck and well I'm just glad it's gone and the Kiffen error is over. I'd hate to see them paying Kiffen to sit at home and another coach to run the team like the basketball team, paying three or four coaches head coaches at one time.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Drewsett

Houston Nutt has been the best suggestion put forth that I have heard thus far. I am not sure it's very likely...and I dont' know about how good of a recruiter he might be...it's getting harder to get good talent anymore in the South...too much competition from other programs.

Kiffin...he could have been great had he stuck around. His father would have continued to guarantee a draw for top defensive talent, and Kiffin wasn't a half bad recruiter himself. Big Orange Country will put up big money for a winning coach. He could have made his jump back to the NFL once Monte decided to finally hang it up for good and hopefully after winning a Nat'l championship here at UT.

That said, I can understand why he would want the job at USC...he came up in that program, right? Of course he would want to go back and be head coach if the opportunity arose. I don't think when he took the job at UT that he thought there would be any possibility of Pete Carroll leaving USC...if he had, he probably would have sat out a year. He certainly would not have named his son Knox.

Oh well, hopefully we emerge from this stronger and more determined...and beat the pants off of USC as soon as possible.

Kiffin is spewing his bull :up: at his press conference now. He wont give a direct answer about Orgeron calling the recruits. "I dont believe this to be fact". He said he hasnt had time to talk to Orgeron about it. Yeah right, you know they spent 4.5 hours on the plane together. What a prick.

Edited by Jasongar8
UT is going to have the same problem Notre Dame did trying to get a high profile coach, they would be better off to hire a lessor know coach with a winning record

ND did not have a problem this time around. of course Kelly turned UT down last year before Kiffen was hired.

lane.jpg

Knoxville? Hell he screwed the entire Big Orange Nation!

Now that he's gone, good riddance!

I heard Doug Matthews and Chris Lowe say that within a couple of months they expect to see some very embarrassing things come up about Kiffin. They didn't elaborate.

Houston Nutt has been the best suggestion put forth that I have heard thus far. I am not sure it's very likely...and I dont' know about how good of a recruiter he might be...it's getting harder to get good talent anymore in the South...too much competition from other programs.

Kiffin...he could have been great had he stuck around. His father would have continued to guarantee a draw for top defensive talent, and Kiffin wasn't a half bad recruiter himself. Big Orange Country will put up big money for a winning coach. He could have made his jump back to the NFL once Monte decided to finally hang it up for good and hopefully after winning a Nat'l championship here at UT.

That said, I can understand why he would want the job at USC...he came up in that program, right? Of course he would want to go back and be head coach if the opportunity arose. I don't think when he took the job at UT that he thought there would be any possibility of Pete Carroll leaving USC...if he had, he probably would have sat out a year. He certainly would not have named his son Knox.

Oh well, hopefully we emerge from this stronger and more determined...and beat the pants off of USC as soon as possible.

Personally, I think he had known for sometime that the USC job would come open and was just "biding his time" at UT cuz he needed a job to cover laylas whorish or i mean lavish lifestyle.

Guest Bluemax
I hope a lot of gay men come forward and say they had affairs with lane!

That would bring closure.. I'm still hoping for some personal photos of Layla ala Pamela Anderson to surface :devil::popcorn:

Other views on Lane Kiffin

A roundup of comments from media and colleagues on the hiring of USC coach.

"If there were a stock car race between all the frauds, egomaniacs and two-faced weasels I've ever covered, Lane Kiffin would have the pole position all to himself. . . .

"Kiffin is a used car salesman with a whistle. Wait, that's not fair to used car salesmen."

-- Gene Wojciechowski, ESPN.com ::

"Every year Tennessee lawmakers pass a resolution honoring the University of Tennessee's football coach. Not this year. . . .

"Republican House Speaker Kent Williams asked members of the chamber Wednesday to hold a voice vote on whether to congratulate Kiffin for his single 7-6 season.

"The response was unanimous: 'No!' "

-- Associated Press ::

"It's good that USC acted quickly to get a coach connecting with our history. The players will feel comfortable and be able to follow some of the same kinds of lines of what they're accustomed to.

"They're going to be good -- they have the best defensive coach in the history of the world. And Lane will hit it running and take pride in recruiting and the whole deal. Lane's going to do great."

-- Pete Carroll, former USC coach ::

"Tennessee fans shouldn't kick themselves too much about being duped by Kiffin. In the end, his departure will be the best thing that ever happened to the school.

"As for Southern Cal, the NCAA might as well just set up a branch office in downtown L.A."

-- Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel ::

"After he fired Kiffin in '07, [Oakland Raiders owner Al] Davis famously noted, 'It hurts because I picked the guy. I picked the wrong guy.' The University of Tennessee now knows just how Davis felt. And if history tells us anything, so -- eventually -- will USC."

-- Peter Schrager, FoxSports.com ::

"I asked [Kiffin] straight out what was happening [at USC] and should that job become available, would he have any interest. He was very honest and forthright. He said while he was not looking to go anywhere, that this was an odd situation and if the job at Southern Cal became available he would have an interest in that -- and I appreciate him saying that."

-- Mike Hamilton, Tennessee athletic director ::

"Kiffin talks a far bigger game than he's delivered and the complete lack of regard (or understanding) of the rule book would be troubling to most schools (not Mike Garrett's USC, of course, but most schools). Still, there's at least a chance this will work out in the win column. Does anyone in L.A. care about anything else?"

-- Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports ::

"Most schools [under NCAA scrutiny] do what they can to convince the NCAA they are sorry. They scrounge up evidence that they have changed their ways. Sorry, but you can't trot Lane Kiffin in front of the NCAA and say things have changed. USC must know that. USC just doesn't care."

-- Michael Rosenberg, SI.com ::

"A Knoxville retailer will donate fans' Lane Kiffin T-shirts to earthquake recovery efforts in Haiti. HoundDogs, which sells Tennessee apparel, advertised a 20% discount for fans who brought shirts to the store for donation.

"The owners . . . were hoping to turn a 'negative into a positive' when they heard fans talk of burning and ripping up shirts with the former Volunteers coach's name or face on them."

-- Associated Press ::

"A program in need of a watchdog will be led by an enabler."

-- Paul Doyle, Hartford Courant

Copyright © 2010, The Los Angeles Times

I am not a Vols fan but one and done is :poop: Maybe Al Davis was right about this kid, but it works out well for me now Notre Dame can go back to kicking USC's ass every year :cheers:

Amen, brother. He must really love SoCal to wade into the mess of violations and sanctions that are about to fall upon USC.

I do feel sorry for all my UT buds - this move will hurt recruiting, which sets a program back for years. In 2013 / 2014, who will be the upperclass leadership?

Cead Maile Failte.

/doesn't know how to add the accent marks to put the phrase in proper Gaelic

Knoxville? Hell he screwed the entire Big Orange Nation!

Now that he's gone, good riddance!

I heard Doug Matthews and Chris Lowe say that within a couple of months they expect to see some very embarrassing things come up about Kiffin. They didn't elaborate.

Well, here's a start...

How about the accident Kiffin had while driving drunk the night before classes started back in August? He destroyed his Lexus and a good deal of private property. He paid the property owner very well for the "damages", and the KCSO elected not to pursue any charges (imagine that).

Or how about all the drunken nights he spent wandering around the Old City on foot--by himself, no less--over the summer? It got so bad that a KPD officer in a cruiser had to follow him around most nights, as he refused to take a cab home.

Or how about this little nugget? Montario Hardestry was pulled over in Oak Ridge several months ago with a BUTTLOAD of marijuana in his car. After a brief stop and a few phone calls, he was allowed to go on his way, and no citations were issued or charges filed.

Take the above information however you wish, but PLEASE do not ask how I know...