Norris shoot um up?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a couple of questions about Norris.........if you don't mind. I was going to post a thread but saw this. I have a buddy that is on the lake up there often and we thought about going there to shoot.

Anyway, what are the rules, hours, membership fees, and anything else I may need to know.

Thanks,

Brian

Guest mosinon

I'll probably be up there Thursday morning. Hopefully the kid won't get sick this time.

If you show up on Thursday be sure two bring two pairs of sunglasses cause I might break out the Phoenix Arms 22lr and that much awesomeness can be blinding without the proper eye protection.

Guest mosinon

Norris is thirty bucks a year and you get the key and stuff from the Norris PD. They'll give a copy of the rules but there really aren't many. Don't shoot above the horizontal, no full auto weapons and so forth. Norris is closed for a couple of weeks during deer season.

Norris is thirty bucks a year and you get the key and stuff from the Norris PD. They'll give a copy of the rules but there really aren't many. Don't shoot above the horizontal, no full auto weapons and so forth. Norris is closed for a couple of weeks during deer season.

Thanks. That sounds good to me. I assume it is open seven days a week and daylight to dark?? Sounds like you guys have a great time up there.

Thanks. That sounds good to me. I assume it is open seven days a week and daylight to dark?? Sounds like you guys have a great time up there.

daylight to dark, seven days week. enter with your key, lock the gate behind you. they request you use paper targets only, but we've been known to take other stuff. just clean up your mess when you leave. I is a very enjoyable range to shoot at, no range nazi's, just watch out for each other. Rifle range and pistol range available, oh - and there's even a porta john!!!!

daylight to dark, seven days week. enter with your key, lock the gate behind you. they request you use paper targets only, but we've been known to take other stuff. just clean up your mess when you leave. I is a very enjoyable range to shoot at, no range nazi's, just watch out for each other. Rifle range and pistol range available, oh - and there's even a porta john!!!!

Sounds great to me. I think it will be well worth the 45 minute drive. The range is 100 yards or more.........correct?

I was there yesterday around 4pm. NO ONE WAS THERE!! Had the range all to myself!!! Whoop Whoop!!

Took my AK and put about 300rds through it and got to jump and roll around in the mud excersizing the Glocks and myself. Loads of fun was had yesterday......man that was some sweet shooting!!!

Anyways.......

So when's the next meet?? :lol:

When's the next visit to Norris for some displacement of lead/metal? Missed the one this last weekend, thinking I need to go shoot me sum un real soon.....

I do want to apologize for turing your thread into a hijack. Hope it didn't offend......especially if I am going to be shooting at Norris........don't need an accidental discharge while I am down range.

I do want to apologize for turing your thread into a hijack. Hope it didn't offend......especially if I am going to be shooting at Norris........don't need an accidental discharge while I am down range.

I keep a tentative appointment there on Thursdays about 12 or 1.

I look for min 45 degrees and no steady rain, though.

Might go different days though, depending - anybody wants to hook up, just PM me.

Bagging tomorrow, though, looks quite wet.

Also up there many a Sat or Sun with The Usual Suspects, most of whom have to work during the week, poor guys.

- OS

Jess01999 is more than welcome to join us...if he brings his avatar. :screwy:

I do look to bring my XD........oh you may mean my wife :). I am very proud to have a wife that has interest in firearms as well as HOT (thanks for the compliment). She has been wanting to play with some of my toys........may have to introduce her to my AR and then put a 3 1/2" shell in my turkey gun and video it................just kidding she would kill me. I will be getting up there as soon as I can but will be tough with two daughters and 1 on two different basketball teams.

no apology needed, always happy to welcome a new recruit into the Norris fold. Come shoot with us sometimes, good bunch of guys and guns.....

I only live about 25 min from Norris. Who would i need to contact to get a little more info about the range?

$30 a year, year ends June 30. Hard to beat. Closed a little bit during deer season, and a little while on Thursday mornings for maintenence.

Where the proper type of headgear and everyone will see you.