gun show in knoxville? Jan 30, 31

Guest Baddawg865

Guest Baddawg865

Is there a gun show in Knoxville on the 30,31 this month? I was on Georgia arms website, and they have one listed. Can anyone confirm this or has it been cancelled? Thanks!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

70below, garufa, ohshoot, mike.357, suntzu and we spend countless hours walking amongst the many, many firearms and accessories....usually 9 on saturday

We'll teach you new guys the secret handshake. ;) Then you have to best Skittles in a game of Scrabble.

Edited by SUNTZU

How do you guys find each other? I went to the show about 2 or 3 weeks ago and it was PACKED!!! are you allowed to carry there? Last time I went there were people checking in their guns but I wasn't sure if that only applied to guns for sale...

How do you guys find each other? I went to the show about 2 or 3 weeks ago and it was PACKED!!! are you allowed to carry there? Last time I went there were people checking in their guns but I wasn't sure if that only applied to guns for sale...

Do it see it legally posted?

Of course, it's a city park, too, and carry is banned by ordinance in city parks.

Of course of course, there's an out for that under state statute, but then again, when city chooses to fall back on old city ordinance, the state statute doesn't apply. So since there is no out for gun shows on city recreational property in municipal code, Knoxville is breaking its own ordinance.

Clear?

- OS

Of course, it's a city park, too, and carry is banned by ordinance in city parks.

Of course of course, there's an out for that under state statute, but then again, when city chooses to fall back on old city ordinance, the state statute doesn't apply. So since there is no out for gun shows on city recreational property in municipal code, Knoxville is breaking its own ordinance.

Clear?

- OS

I keep waiting for the geese to get sucked into the singularity that is formed in the pond when these shows are held at the park. MUST...WARN...OTHERS!!!

Clear?

- OS

No idea what you just said.....can we carry or not?

No idea what you just said.....can we carry or not?

in simple English the answer would be no.

The doors have a "no loaded guns or loose ammo allowed" sign. Is it in legalese? No, but I get the message.

Either check your gun or damn well leave it concealed.

Chilhowee is a city park. The city has an ordinance against firearms in parks. Doesn't need to be posted. I guess there is some leeway allowed by the city to allow guns at Chilhowee, though it is illegal by ordinance.

You are an adult, do as you want.

in simple English the answer would be no.

The doors have a "no loaded guns or loose ammo allowed" sign. Is it in legalese? No, but I get the message.

Either check your gun or damn well leave it concealed.

Chilhowee is a city park. The city has an ordinance against firearms in parks. Doesn't need to be posted. I guess there is some leeway allowed by the city to allow guns at Chilhowee, though it is illegal by ordinance.

You are an adult, do as you want.

You need your own radio show or a nap. :D

Guest 70below
That would be kinda neat....lets start a secret hand shake......sounded better in my head though! :D

We used to chest bump.......but people got hurt........ ;)

Guest Rugerman
Might be a quiet show on Saturday. Looks like we might get one heck of a snow storm!

Is the show still on with the coming winter weather? My friend and I are going but don't want to drive from Dayton to a cancelled show.