Got pulled over tonight.

Guest clsutton21

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Swamprunner
Just a year to go, then hopefully I'm headed to Johnson City.

Aw, you'll meet some girl, and you'll end up in West elephants' breath Montana. Not that Montana is a bad place. :no1:

Guest clsutton21
The situation sucks, without question, but I would not send that letter. That cop will get what he deserves eventually.

I'm just glad he knows now that not everyone will bow down to him when he hides behind his badge and says ignorant crap like that.

Guest 1817ak47

some of the new mp3 players can record and then upload to your computer too. heck I had a proffessor that I figured out was reading off the test for review, so I would play it back whe nI got home and write out the question word for word and the answer for it. I got a real good grade in that class even though I was the only person who never worked in construction

You would never make it if you lived in Memphis.

+1 If you respond with anything other than sir/maam your a** is grass. Most Memphis cops are crooked control freaks. I had one pull me over because I passed him while we were merging onto the interstate. I want every crooked cop locked up or fired. On the other end of the spectrum I know several Memphis cops and they seem to be good guys. I guess you have bad seeds in every bunch.

I don't see anything wrong with your letter. If you had done something wrong you

wouldn't be sending it. If you don't stand up for your rights they are trampled on. That

officer pulled you over for no reason. That's not his job. His chief should know, along with a letter to the editor of the local newspaper. You didn't show disrespect in your letter. Go for it. That's how things get changed.

Did you give him permission to search your car? I got hassled once going in to Frozen Head St. Park. The LEO asked if he could search my truck. I said "no". "If you don't give me permission to search your truck, we'll bring in a drug dog!" he said. So they bought over this Beagle, The dog walks around my truck sniffing then sets down. "You see that! He just hit on your truck. We have probable cause." I said "You gotta be kiddin me! That ain't no drug dog, that's somebody's huntin' dog!" They searched my truck and found nothing. I have always heard that you don't want to mess with the law in Morgan County. "It doesn't pay to do wrong" hangs over their jail house.

Now your talking about my homeplace!:koolaid:

Lol your probably right about someones hunting dog, The police dept here is a total joke I give them hell every chance I get. I like to strap my hunting rifle in my passenger seat and lock all the bullets in my tool box they pull me over and I let them know the law. most of our deptuties are real barney fife's if you know what I mean. They finally got radar this summer which sucks. But the city still doesn't have it yet.

I like Wartburg! Fine looking women in Wartburg (Ugliest men I ever seen). The Head Ranger at Frozen Head, Dave Engelbretzen, is a very close friend and all around great guy. I've been all up and down Frozen Head, the Obed, Clear Creek and Daddys Creek canyon. The LEOs that hassled me weren't so bad. They didn't mace me or taze me and only beat me a little bit.....You know I'm kiddin';)

I was riding around with my friend tonight just hanging out and talking and got pulled over. The cop said he pulled us over because "we looked like we were going fast and whipped into Taco Bell." After handing him my gun permit for my ID(I wasn't driving), he said he needed my license...not my permit.

He went back and ran the tags after telling my friend he looked familiar and suspicious and came back and took him out of the truck, then me. He had the dog search it after basically telling us that we had drugs in the truck, which, of course, we didn't. He gave us a little talk and asked us if we ever smoked any pot. After we both said no, because we hadn't. He got a smart little grin and said, "That's surprising since you're both from Franklin County." That made me mad, and I let him know that everyone didn't smoke pot in my county and I was offended he thought we did. He told me that he didn't say that and I quoted him as above and told him that's what he intended. He kept on trying to act like he didn't mean it and I let him know my family had been there since the late 1800's. He looked dumbfounded that someone would stand up to him and look him directly in the eyes while he talked junk about their homeplace and where they grew up along with their families. Finally he realized how ignorant he sounded and quit trying to get in the last word.

This is just a vent and something to say: Just because you have a badge, it doesn't give you the right to talk that way about someone or their hometown. Just because you just graduated from your academy a year ago, doesn't give you a license to try to "prove" yourself in front of your higher ups. Because there are some people out there, like me, that will stand up for themselves and won't let you talk junk about their hometown; I will make you out to be an asshat because that's what you are. You don't scare me and you give the REAL officers a bad name, no wonder people cop bash all the time.

Rant over.

The truth is, he was most likely a douche bag way before he got the badge. But no doubt the badge made it worse.

Got pulled over once in Athens, TN. I was not speeding. I said why did you pull me over the officer said because your from Rhea County. I said since when is it a crime to be from another county and go to another county? He didnt say anything. Little did he know I was tape recording the conversation as I had just come from class at TTC @athens and had been tape recording the lecture so I could take notes on it later and review. Well needless to say I tape recorded the whole conversation, the dude pulled me out of the car and I had left the tape recorder recording under the drivers seat. He said can I search your car. I said no get a warrant. He said what do you have to hide? I said nothing (which I didnt have anything to hide.) I said you do not have probable cause to search my vehicle because i was not speeding. I said being from another county is not probable cause. Anyways, after he let me go I went to the McMinn County Sherriffs department talked to his boss and played the tape for him. Later on I got a letter in the mail from the guys boss saying that the officer had been let go.

Great idea. I've only had one real negative experience with cops, and I wish I had done that at the time. Nashville Metro motorcycle copy with a real piss poor attitude and chip on his shoulder like you wouldn't believe. In hindsight, I wish I had taken the ticket he was threatening me with and told him to go... you know, do impossible things to himself.

The situation sucks, without question, but I would not send that letter. That cop will get what he deserves eventually.

Yea, but will it be AFTER he cracks some poor guy's skull? Unfortunately, the negative experiences are the ones that stand out the most to a lot of people, and this dirtbag is giving the whole department a bad name.

+1 If you respond with anything other than sir/maam your a** is grass. Most Memphis cops are crooked control freaks. I had one pull me over because I passed him while we were merging onto the interstate. I want every crooked cop locked up or fired. On the other end of the spectrum I know several Memphis cops and they seem to be good guys. I guess you have bad seeds in every bunch.

Yep. One of the biggest ass hats I have ever met was an E7 in the Army. But most of the folks I knew were great folks. I don't judge the whole Army by that one guy.

Now your talking about my homeplace!:mad:

Lol your probably right about someones hunting dog, The police dept here is a total joke I give them hell every chance I get. I like to strap my hunting rifle in my passenger seat and lock all the bullets in my tool box they pull me over and I let them know the law. most of our deptuties are real barney fife's if you know what I mean. They finally got radar this summer which sucks. But the city still doesn't have it yet.

Yeah heard about a feller once that got pulled over up there by some snot nosed rookie cop. The dude had a hcp. The cop said my sherrif told me that noone in the county can have guns except us. Of course long story short the kid was let go and a lawsuit insued.

I know there's at least one good cop there. Years ago I went thru Memphis, not really watching my speed, when a cop pulls up along side of me and says over her loudspeaker "watch your speed, its 55 thru here" So I waved and slowed down. I thought that was decent of her! :mad:

I know there's at least one good cop there. Years ago I went thru Memphis, not really watching my speed, when a cop pulls up along side of me and says over her loudspeaker "watch your speed, its 55 thru here" So I waved and slowed down. I thought that was decent of her! :mad:

Had a leo come over the loud speaker one time in gatlinburg to tell me that if I didnt get back in the car from hanging out the moon roof that I would be arrested.

Guest expdnarc

I spent about 13 years as a LEO in Middle TN and NE Ohio and I have to say that the way things are done in TN are sometimes well...strange. I find that the Good Ole Boy way of doing things is much more prevalent than it is up north. Up north cops expect to be watched and for the most part at least in my experience do things the right way with regards to procedure and protocol. LE in small rural TN seems to be more I have a badge and I will do it my way and make up PC as I need it. Now please don't get me wrong there are fine officers that I have worked with in TN that do things the way they are supposed to be but I think that this could also be because you can be sworn and on the road for a year BEFORE attending the Academy. You cant even carry your badge in Ohio until you are certified. I apologize to you for your bad experience with LEO they are not all like that, but you only hear about the ones that are.

On the other hand you had really no business being out at 2:15 am that is usually when the drunkards, druggies, etc are out in force and the cop reasoned as such.

Really? Do you think there should be a curfew? I don't see anything wrong with driving around in the middle of the night if that is what you want to do. Driving around in the middle of the night is not probable cause to be stopped. They are many night that I catfish till 1 or 2 in the morning. I shouldn't have to worry about being stopped if I am just driving around in the middle of the night. :mad:

Edited by KahrMan
I spent about 13 years as a LEO in Middle TN and NE Ohio and I have to say that the way things are done in TN are sometimes well...strange. I find that the Good Ole Boy way of doing things is much more prevalent than it is up north. Up north cops expect to be watched and for the most part at least in my experience do things the right way with regards to procedure and protocol. LE in small rural TN seems to be more I have a badge and I will do it my way and make up PC as I need it. Now please don't get me wrong there are fine officers that I have worked with in TN that do things the way they are supposed to be but I think that this could also be because you can be sworn and on the road for a year BEFORE attending the Academy. You cant even carry your badge in Ohio until you are certified. I apologize to you for your bad experience with LEO they are not all like that, but you only hear about the ones that are.

I've had a bad experience or 2 with cops and at one point in my life, I was all about "F the Police!" But, I ended up having to deal with several cops in a former career and learned that most are just regular people who want to get home safely.

Heck, once in an unfamiliar part of town, late at night, I was driving the wrong way on an unlit side street and nearly had a head-on collision with a Metro cop. I thought I was getting a ticket at the very least. But, with a smile on his face, he was more concerned about how I was. We both laughed about it and went our separate ways. So there's a good story.

Had a leo come over the loud speaker one time in gatlinburg to tell me that if I didnt get back in the car from hanging out the moon roof that I would be arrested.

:lol: Seems like there might be more to that story :mad:

Not to hijack the thread, but speaking of Loud speakers....

One of the funniest things I ever saw was in NJ. A lady had parked in a fire zone and just stepped out of her car. A cop car pulls up next to her. There were two of them in the car and the one in the passenger seat had his window down. He was maybe 2 feet from this women with the window down when he got on the loudspeaker and demanded that she move her car. She tried to explain to him in person, but he only responded over the loud speaker. I literally laughed out loud. It reminded me of "Please disperse..." from the Police Academy movie.

Edited by Batman
On the one hand I see where you are coming from. On the other hand you had really no business being out at 2:15 am that is usually when the drunkards, druggies, etc are out in force and the cop reasoned as such.
Really? Do you think there should be a curfew? I don't see anything wrong with driving around in the middle of the night if that is what you want to do. Driving around in the middle of the night is not probable cause to be stopped. They are many night that I catfish till 1 or 2 in the morning. I shouldn't have to worry about being stopped if I am just driving around in the middle of the night. :mad:

Agreed. I'm hoping Alpha7 was joking. Some people work the night shift too. At times when I have done so, I sometimes left work hungry. I don't need to be harassed just because I want a 7 layer burrito at 2AM. I mean a man's gotta eat!

Agreed. I'm hoping Alpha7 was joking. Some people work the night shift too. At times when I have done so, I sometimes left work hungry. I don't need to be harassed just because I want a 7 layer burrito at 2AM. I mean a man's gotta eat!

Hey, it's Fourthmeal! I have been known to make a late-night TacoBell run every now and then.

I was in Panama City Beach for spring break last year and the cops would get on the loud speaker "Sit Down in Truck bed!" Its funny how many people ignored him and he didn't even pull out on them I think cops down there are a little more relaxed than other places.
On the one hand I see where you are coming from. On the other hand you had really no business being out at 2:15 am that is usually when the drunkards, druggies, etc are out in force and the cop reasoned as such.

The guy just wanted some fourth meal geez.... Hassle me over some fourth meal and Ill smack you upside the head. lol