What about a P-238

Bman

Does anybody have a P-238? I had a colt mustang some years ago and traded it off , but I always wished I had kept it. The 238 looks alot like it. Just wondered if anybody had one and how they well they liked it.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been looking for one for a while now... They are hard to find and over-priced IMHO. I'm waiting for a sweet deal to come along but at the moment they can't even be found. I saw one at the gun show in K-town 2 weeks ago but it had rosewood grips and they wanted around $650 for it!!!! NO WAY. Only thing that makes me nervous is the fact so many people have had problems with them. Do a quick google search and you will see its about 50/50 if you get a good one or not.

Sig is supposed to be one of the best! What are they doing???

Great little gun. I bought mine from Academy Sports in Rivergate north of Nashville. Picked it up for about $430. Shoots great, easy take down and is comfortable to carry in the back pocket. Very nice BUG or when your clothing restricts what you can carry.

Great little gun. I bought mine from Academy Sports in Rivergate north of Nashville. Picked it up for about $430. Shoots great, easy take down and is comfortable to carry in the back pocket. Very nice BUG or when your clothing restricts what you can carry.

If you see another one for that price....please let me know...ive got $650 in mine.

And OP, It is a GREAT little gun.....after the initial break in period, mine eats everything also. And it is VERY accurate for a small gun.

The $430 is for the low end model. Just remember there is about a $200 range higher depending on the model you're looking at. Not sure which one you have.

Oh...yeah...i understand now...i was freaking out...lol....I bought the rosewood gripped night site nitron.

Oh...yeah...i understand now...i was freaking out...lol....I bought the rosewood gripped night site nitron.

Mine is Nitron with 3 dot sights and aluminum grips. Still the Academy Sports price was $50 bucks cheaper than anywhere else around Nashville.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the Rosewood griped P238, never had a problem. 600 OTD is high.. but it's a Sig! Great "Sunday go to meetin" gun.

Same here...Rosewood @ $600 OTD.

I just picked up 2 extra mags from Midway for $16.99 each. Less than 1 minute of Dremmel tool work and they work and look just like the Sig mags and a spent $35 to the house for 2 in stead of $45 for one Sig one. Just a thought.

Fits inside the belt and shoots nice. Night sites are

bright in the dark. All metal scaled down 1911 with

rosewood grips. Next best thing to a real gun. Better

than nothing and no problems to date. I'd hope it

is the best small gun I've had for what I paid, and

it is.

Edited by LCPTN

Don't know whats up with those prices, when they first came out they were around 425-480 and up to 550 for the nitron etc... buyers guides listed them for 550-600 which is normal for them to list higher in those things. That was then, sig msrp has went up quite a bit saw them listed for 599-749. I found one for 598 and thought that was a steal comparitively. Somebody has one for sale around here and wants 650 for it, I think its nitron...I think their dreamin

Guest JHatmaker

SIG has really done a good job with these. I got mine when they only had the all black or two tone model available. Now they have all black, two-tone w/ black grips, two-tone w/ grey grips, black w/ rosewood, black w/ greyish wood, and an Equinox model....

I held the Equinox model the other day and it made me miss my P226 Equinox. I had a two-tone and sold it (not b/c I didn't like it), but want to pick another one up soon.

So, to answer your question, if you pick one up you won't be dissappointed.

Yeah. The lack of 380 ammo everywhere keeps this gun at the bottom of my list. If it was available in 9x19, I would probably be picking one up within the month.

It's not that hard to find if you are willing to order of the internet and wait 5 days. Basically, when I get low after a Sunday of shooting I'll order 500 and they'll be at the doorstep in time for the next weekend.

Guest moreland281

I picked up one for my wife, she shot it and enjoyed it but said she perfers her Sig P239 9mm (her reasons were she liked the larger grip)

So its off to the trading block