Range Bags?

Guest jfoster

Guest jfoster

Did a quick search and didn't find anything on this topic so here goes...looking for a range bag, nothing fancy, big enough to hold 2 handguns, 2 pair of ear muffs, glasses, ammo etc, normal stuff. I've been using an old duffel bag I found in the attic but need something that is a bit more organized. I've been eyeing this one MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag PVC Coated Polyester Black - MidwayUSA. Any sugguestions welcomed, or reviews if you have this one.

Thanks.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got that Midway bag in the mail yesterday and I love it (especially at the sale price). Plenty big enough, plus includes two gun rugs and a smaller "go bag". Also, the brass bag makes me look like less of a dumpster diver when I'm scrounging reloading brass at the range.

If you need a large range bag that Midway bag cannot be beat. I've used one for a few years and it serves me well.

Just got that Midway bag in the mail yesterday and I love it (especially at the sale price). Plenty big enough, plus includes two gun rugs and a smaller "go bag". Also, the brass bag makes me look like less of a dumpster diver when I'm scrounging reloading brass at the range.

I have this same bag and I love it. I didn't realize all the "bonus bags" you get with this one. It's plenty big to hold the items you mentioned and much more. Its a high quality bag at a reasonable price. Plus if you have a problem, Midway has great customer service.

What he said. I ordered one about 2 weeks ago after getting the e-mail from Midway.

Ordered on line Tues. PM, standard shipping.

Received Thurs. PM

I think it is a great bag for the price.

This is the bag I use for my range bag...I absolutely LOVE it! Not to mention the price is right at 21$ and change. Mine is OD Green, not the digital camo, but I can't find the link to that one.

BAG-223 - Bug Out Bag, Army Digital Removable Divider Shoulder Strap, Army Digital 13x9.5x 4"

Here you go sir, best deal you will find IMO

LAPG Tactical Bail Out Gear Bag Best Seller!

or if thats not big enough there is its big brother

LA Police Gear Jumbo Bail Out Bag NEW

The first one is the same bag I posted...just cheaper! I might have to pick up a 2nd one at that price heh.

I was going to point that out too. I just got it a couple of weeks ago (the LAPG version) free with an order of a pair of 5.11 khakis. Also got a free 5.11 belt. All for $34.99 + tax/shipping. Not too shabby.

I have taken it the range a couple of times, and it seems to be just what the doctor ordered. I like the pockets on the outside for mags, earplugs, etc. Plenty of room inside for ammo and assorted gear.

Did a quick search and didn't find anything on this topic so here goes...looking for a range bag, nothing fancy, big enough to hold 2 handguns, 2 pair of ear muffs, glasses, ammo etc, normal stuff. I've been using an old duffel bag I found in the attic but need something that is a bit more organized. I've been eyeing this one MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag PVC Coated Polyester Black - MidwayUSA. Any sugguestions welcomed, or reviews if you have this one.

Thanks.

That is the one I have.

It is a jim dandy.

Right now i have the following in it and still have room for more.

250 rounds speer lawman ammo

Peltor Ultimate 10 midway muffs

An mtm 100 round ammo box

My otis cleaning kit, along with other cleaning supplies,

my tactical flashlight that mounts on the xd

my lyman digital trigger pull gauge,

A bore store gun rug for the xd, (i could fit two-three guns in it in bore stores if I wanted)

It holds like 10 mags I have four in there now.

Etc

etc

Edited by Alpha7

+1 for midway I have the full size range bag

MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag PVC Coated Polyester Black - MidwayUSA

I love it, the only draw back is you can pack so much stuff in there that it can get heavy. But it is great. If you want a full size bag with a smaller removable bag I would get it. Its on sale for $39.99 wich is the same price as the compact. Just my :slapfight:

The advantage to this is that is, like stated earlier, it comes with two gun rugs which are nice

+1 for midway I have the full size range bag

MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag PVC Coated Polyester Black - MidwayUSA

I love it, the only draw back is you can pack so much stuff in there that it can get heavy. But it is great. If you want a full size bag with a smaller removable bag I would get it. Its on sale for $39.99 wich is the same price as the compact. Just my :2cents:

The advantage to this is that is, like stated earlier, it comes with two gun rugs which are nice

That makes me mad cuz when I bought mine it the big one was 64.00 and this smaller one was 39.99 there is no question get the bigger one if they are the same price.

What Lumber Jack said. I've had the large Midway bag for about a year and it's great. As stated on sale it's the same price as the smaller bag but will hold anything you can put it it. Leave the shoulder strap on cause it will get heavy. I'm not big on having a logo on things but I figure they are giving you a $140 bag for $40 so they are paying you $100 to advertise for them.

HA HA HA HA HA same price as the midway bag and it aint a diaper bag. I think I would go with the midway bag lol. You said we could laugh if we wanted to so I felt like laughing. :2cents:

No worries. :lol: The diaper bag didnt cost me a dime and it was in the pile of stuff to get rid of. It has a lot of pockets, a fold out changing pad that doubles as a pad to place the handguns on and it is larger than the old range bag.

When Midway did the email blast about their bags, I picked up the pistol bag and tactical rifle bag. I love those two and have decided to get the range bag too. My tactical rifle bag has 4 mag pockets on the outside but the outer two pockets are actually big enough to hold two mags so it actually holds 6 mags. Great products for less than 10 bucks!