I Met Ron Ramsey last night

Lt Governor Ron Ramsey was at the monthly TFA meeting in Hermitage last night. He was pretty much as expected; personable, polite, articulate.

He talked about his support for Concealed Carry and other 2nd Amendment issues, reducing state spending, states rights, and stated that in his opinion, a state income tax is a dead issue.

Lt Governor Ramsey answered questions ranging from "Was he still an auctioneer" (yes, and he demonstrated) to "What would he do if Feds ordered gun confiscation" (He said he would meet them at the border with state forces). He answered all questions in a forthright and confident manner.

I am more convinced that he should be the next Governor of Tennessee, given his competition.He seems to have strong principles, assured us that he wasn't messin' around with anyone except his wife, and definitely has the gift of being able to disagree and stand by his beliefs without alienating people. He is a strong conservative, believing in limited government, protecting the rights of the people, rolling back entitlements, and limiting Federal influence and spending.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much at odds to the responses to similar questions posed to Mike McWherter at the West TN Regional Chapter TFA meeting last Thursday night.

McWherter said that the Tennessee Firearms Freedom Act had been declared "Unconstitutional by the BATF, was in favor of gun registration "how else can the Police track them for crime purposes", assured us that the "Judge" he just purchased was registered. He stood in favor of local municipalities to be able to ban carry in Parks, espoused the "heated arguments at Little League games" as the reason.

He further stated that he felt that Restaurant Carry was problematic, and that he would have to carefully read any legislation that crossed the Governors desk prior to sighing it.

Guest oldsmobile98

Thanks for the the post! I wanted to be there. School is beating me over the head right now, though.

Ramsey is my choice for governor. I have seen him, Wamp, and Haslam in person. Any of them would be better than Bredesen, but I firmly believe that Ramsey is our best viable choice.

I forgive Wamp for voting for the bailout at the end, and I believe him when he says he was pressured into it and regrets it. But the fact remains that it will hurt you and me personally in the form of inflation.

About me: Vanderbilt student. From Blount County originally. Disarmed on campus, and not happy about it. Tennessee HCP holder, GOA, TFA.

You have to be rare at Vandyland. Proud for you:cool:

Pretty much at odds to the responses to similar questions posed to Mike McWherter at the West TN Regional Chapter TFA meeting last Thursday night.

McWherter said that the Tennessee Firearms Freedom Act had been declared "Unconstitutional by the BATF, was in favor of gun registration "how else can the Police track them for crime purposes", assured us that the "Judge" he just purchased was registered. He stood in favor of local municipalities to be able to ban carry in Parks, espoused the "heated arguments at Little League games" as the reason.

He further stated that he felt that Restaurant Carry was problematic, and that he would have to carefully read any legislation that crossed the Governors desk prior to sighing it.

What a doofus......:D. Sad thing is, there are a bunch more in politics just like him, ignorant. Not necessarily stupid, just ignorant.

Edited by DavidD

McWherter doesn't understand that it's not up to the BATFE to determine

constitutionality. If he really thinks restaurant carry is problematic, he needs to show how, since it was working when some hyena sued to stop it.

Ramsey sounds good to me. Hope he can carry the state without Memphis, cause he won't fly here.

That's okay. Memphis couldn't get the rest of the state to go along with

Harold Ford Jr. :D Maybe Ford will fit in with his new state. Glad he's gone.

Guest oldsmobile98
McWherter doesn't understand that it's not up to the BATFE to determine constitutionality.

Right on! I also wonder how he got his Judge registered, since we don't have registration in this state. Maybe he meant with Taurus.

Ramsey 2010! If we can (1) achieve a decent pro-freedom majority in the General Assembly, (2) get Ramsey elected, and (3) not get cocky, I believe we can make some serious headway. Can we say Vermont-style carry?

@ 6.8 AR: Thanks for the encouragement!

Edited by oldsmobile98
Guest TnRebel
Right on! I also wonder how he got his Judge registered, since we don't have registration in this state. Maybe he meant with Taurus.

Ramsey 2010! If we can (1) achieve a decent pro-freedom majority in the General Assembly, (2) get Ramsey elected, and (3) not get cocky, I believe we can make some serious headway. Can we say Vermont-style carry?

@ 6.8 AR: Thanks for the encouragement!

With, Tennessee: Right-to-Carry permits up 23% last year

We can sure make a dent in it

No sir, his take was that every weapon sold through an FFL is registered. Simple lack of knowledge of what the laws are. He thinks registartion is a good thing, necessary to track "gun crime". (His words)

I realize it's a gun board; but is that the ONLY issue we're going to vote on, and the ONLY issue you think they'll have to deal with?

Nope, but I have yet to find Ramsey's position on anything differing from mine...what a refreshing change!

Here's something I've noticed. The majority of people who I have met who believe that the 2d means Vermont style carry I've noticed tend to understand the Constitution, what made this country great, and how to get it back on the right track. I guess it's something respecting the 2d tends to show how they respect what this country is supposed to be.

Matthew

Get him to say this in front of a video camera and I'll send him a great big check!

We asked him (Ramsey) the same question last September at the West TN Regional Chapter TFA meeting, and he answered exactly the same way then.

If someone knows how to get a Sony Handycam DVD video converted to a file that can be posted, I can collect that check.

Just remember - he can't accept campaign donations while the legislature is in session.

Which is stupid and unfair. All three of the other Republican candidates can currently take donations, but he can't. Not to mention that all it does is punish the honest people. Ramsey won't currently take donations because the law won't allow him, but would that stop crooked people who might be running?

Matthew

I've known Ron Ramsey for many years. He lives and was raised just a few miles down the road from me. We used to see each other often, mostly at auctions, church events, local boy scouts, etc.....He is a great East TN kind of guy.

Character counts!