Just got a call.

Worriedman

My sister just called, my nephew's wife, who was stationed in Northern Iraq was killed today.

She and my nephew were stationed at the same location, both members of the Tennessee National Guard. Sam is a chopper pilot, and was recalled to the States early for re-deployment to Haiti, but Billy Jean had to finish out her tour, she was in air support service.

Details are sketchy of course, but it appears there was a road side bomb involved.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry for your lose and will prey for Sam.

My son is in the Navy,last he said he was in the Red Sea 9 hrs. diff. from home.Now he cant give his location but,he emails me good night at 11pm his time.He is 11.5 hrs from home so I kinda watch the map.About the only thing he says is DONT BELEIVE WHAT YOU HEAR ON THE NEWS.He is on a guided missle carrier HUE CITY #66.

God bless you and your family!!!!

In speaking with my nephew, he said his wife had actually entered the pilot training program and had graduated. She was serving in that capacity. She and another pilot were killed in a chopper accident. Appears that there was no hostile forces present, and mechanical failure seems the most likely cause. "Hard landing" was the official designation, Sam says that means crash.

U.S. Military: 2 U.S. Helicopter Pilots Killed in Iraq - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Guest razorblade

Once again the harsh reality of war jumps up and bites you and your loved ones. Sorry to hear that it has happened to you and yours. Prayers be with you.

Prayers for all the family, especially for Sam. Thanks to Sam and Billy Jean for their service to our country.

Here are two websites that you may want to check out:

Honor & Remember

Project Never Forget - Paying Tribute to Fallen Soldiers in the War Against Terrorism

I attended a service put together by the first one and met the founder. It was a very moving memorial service.

banner-army.png

Edited by mcurrier
Updated links