Who Else Loves the Smell of Gun Solvent?

dubya3488

Just got up this morning and decided to clean all of the guns. Even ones that have already been cleaned. Anyone else on here just get that feeling some times?

I got a new Marlin Model 60 on Friday from a pawn shop. It was pretty much brand new, so I took it to the range straight from the shop. Cleaned it up a bit before firing, and it did awesome! Had the scope zeroed in about 20 minutes.

So today, I broke out all of the family and decided to clean them. The 91/30 had already been cleaned, but even more couldn't hurt! Same thing with the PA-63. Now the Model 60 is all sparkly.

-Dubya

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also cleaning guns today and absolutely hate the smell of all the solvents. Got a pretty good Hoppe's headache right now. CLP is no better. RemOil is about the only thing that doesn't stink.

I need a gun-cleaning butler. When that PowerBall comes in I'll have one :D

Guest 70below
I am also cleaning guns today and absolutely hate the smell of all the solvents. Got a pretty good Hoppe's headache right now. CLP is no better. RemOil is about the only thing that doesn't stink.

I need a gun-cleaning butler. When that PowerBall comes in I'll have one :D

I love the smell of Hoppes, but for those who don't, I highly recommend Gunslick Foam.......that stuff seems to be like the scrubbing bubbles of the gun world.....it does an awesome job, and has a nice fresh scent :screwy:

Guest 1817ak47

remoil, I am disappointed with that stuff, it has little if any rust inhibiting characteristics, and I have to spray it on my office chair every 2 weeks cause it starts squeaking again. doesn't seem very much like oil to me, I coated my rossi 20 ga single and it was rusting within a couple of months

Guest Bronker
Just got up this morning and decided to clean all of the guns. Even ones that have already been cleaned. Anyone else on here just get that feeling some times?

I got a new Marlin Model 60 on Friday from a pawn shop. It was pretty much brand new, so I took it to the range straight from the shop. Cleaned it up a bit before firing, and it did awesome! Had the scope zeroed in about 20 minutes.

So today, I broke out all of the family and decided to clean them. The 91/30 had already been cleaned, but even more couldn't hurt! Same thing with the PA-63. Now the Model 60 is all sparkly.

-Dubya

So let's see a pic of the family.;)

remoil, I am disappointed with that stuff, it has little if any rust inhibiting characteristics, and I have to spray it on my office chair every 2 weeks cause it starts squeaking again. doesn't seem very much like oil to me, I coated my rossi 20 ga single and it was rusting within a couple of months

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here but I've had great success with Break Free CLP's line of products, especially their protective lubricant.

I was probably 12 or 13 before I realized that Hoppe's wasn't my grandfather's aftershave scent. He shot quite a bit and his den where he would watch the news smelled really strongly of it. Memories.

Maybe Hoppe's should make an Old Spice type commercial. I do love the smell and I seem to get silly with it after the range.

Guest Sgt. Joe

Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do......If nothing needs cleaned a little sniff of the Hoppes bottle will get the monkey off the back....:D