15 Packs Left To A New Piece

krunchnik

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Gregg congrats on quiting smoking. I did it four years ago and love it. What ever you do DONT take Chantix. That stuff almost sent me over the edge. By the way I still like the 36.:tough:

Good for you,I am glad that there are quite a few that have quit.Is your wife shooting the 36 also,I thought maybe you were going to lose it to her that day,she was eyeing it up pretty closely.:D

Good Luck my friend. It is truly mind over matter and they only way you can quit is to get your mind to say the horrible cravings don't matter.....

Quit 4 years ago after smoking for 20+ years. Was the hardest thing I have ever done. Tried Zyban for a couple of weeks but it made me want to smoke more. :tough:. Stopped taking them then ran out of smokes one day and instead of buying another pack, bout $2 worth of gum. Wife said I was a real a$$ for a couple of weeks but hey, that wasn't the first (nor last) time she called me that :D.

yeh,my wife asked what I was gonna do about the crabbies,I said sex,and she said good luck with that.:D

Guest manofsteel

started steeling smokes from my ole man when i was a kid. by the 8th grade i was a regular. smoked the cowboy killers till i was 39. im 47 now and 80 lbs heavier, but im smoke free. i was a real jerk for about 2 weeks but hang in their you got a great support group right here on TGO so good luck and if you need us we are here:up:you can do it:woohoo:

thanks for the good words,right now I have 2 boxes of the Nicoderm warming up in the cupboard,I think cold turkey completely would just mean a dead turkey somewhere else,so I guess I am going to use a little help along the way.:up:

Nothing wrong with the way you are doing it. Enjoy those 15 packs (except have a date set) and then quit. I have used both the Chantix and Nicoderm CQ. I think the Nicoderm CQ is the best if you go into it understanding that while you are using the patches you are still getting nicotine. You will still have cravings after you go off the patches, but they are manageable and won’t be as bad as cold turkey.

That gun won’t be any incentive to quit. Lets face it… you are 51 years old and know that what you are doing is killing you; if that doesn’t make you stop a new 1911 won’t. Try this…. Go 90 days without smoking and then you get that 1911. It gives you incentive and if you can make 90 days…. You can quit.

Good luck.

Good luck to all.. I myself am not quitting this time. I am cutting back. Maybe I can cut back to ZERO, maybe not. but I will never quit. Can't stand another failure.

I'm 40 years old and I have smoked for 33 of them. It's amazing what fresh air feel like in the lungs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! And that is only after not smoking (much) for a week. I think I have had 7 or 8 in the past 7 days and i'm looking forward to cutting back even more...

I already feel better... totally amazing.. why the hell do we do these things to ourselves... :up:

Good luck to all.. I myself am not quitting this time. I am cutting back. Maybe I can cut back to ZERO, maybe not. but I will never quit. Can't stand another failure.

I'm 40 years old and I have smoked for 33 of them. It's amazing what fresh air feel like in the lungs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! And that is only after not smoking (much) for a week. I think I have had 7 or 8 in the past 7 days and i'm looking forward to cutting back even more...

I already feel better... totally amazing.. why the hell do we do these things to ourselves... :screwy:

I think its called being a glutton for punishment,have you ever noticed how people will go out and drink a bunch and the next morning say I deserved the break,I know cause I used to drink about half a barge a week,I stopped 6 years ago and havent had alcohol since,but I deserved it.:up::D

Lowbud, have you noticed if things taste better?

taste and smell comes back in about 48 hours after cutting back or stopping smoking however ones wants to look at it. It's an addiction so one is never cured. one smoke or event could flush everything.

Guest dougmcfalls

Congratulations on becoming a non smoker. I quit 6 years ago. As part of my non smoking program I took the cash I spent on cigarettes every day and stacked it up. I bought myself a Glock 21. I continued to save that cash every day for the first year of my life as a non smoker. Don't quit quiting. It's hard work to learn how to live smoke free but it's awesome!

Lowbud...you can give them up all together....gum and a stress ball or grip

strenghtheners. Food just started tasting good to me about 6 months ago.

2 1/2 or so after I quit and I have my sense of smell back too. When

I get around a heavy smoker I can't believe I use to smell like that...ewwww.

Been smoke free 3 years and 2 mos.

Guest Ae-35

Or you can wait till you have 3 heart-attacks in a week, and wake up at Vandy. Then you're told you have to have a transplant to survive. Look when you're in a coma for 2 weeks you go through all the withdrawal. After that it's been easy!!! At least it was for me, but I don't recommend it.:)

Lowbud...you can give them up all together....gum and a stress ball or grip

strenghtheners. Food just started tasting good to me about 6 months ago.

2 1/2 or so after I quit and I have my sense of smell back too. When

I get around a heavy smoker I can't believe I use to smell like that...ewwww.

Been smoke free 3 years and 2 mos.

I'm trying.. I think I'll actually make it this time. The biggest problem is the fact my wife smokes too.. she's not too interested in quitting just yet. We haven't smoked in the house for over 10 years but when she goes out.. i kinda wanna go too.. but i can definetly tell when she comes back in.. holy **** she stinks.. LOL

like I said before. It's amazing what we go through for our vises.. yuck!

Im in the process of quiting aswell, Offically been 1 day without smokes. Hard as hell and im grumpy. The one thing that gets to me is not smoking after i eat. Other than that quiting cold turkey is not to bad.

Good luck man,I think we all need it.

Guest Jeremey

Been trying to quit myself. Tried the Chantix and after two weeks I got tired of vomiting 30 minutes after taking it. I have been wanting to quit for years. Should be a little easier since my brand are now FSC, taste even worse, and like to go out while smoking them.

Good for you,I am glad that there are quite a few that have quit.Is your wife shooting the 36 also,I thought maybe you were going to lose it to her that day,she was eyeing it up pretty closely.:screwy:

She says the 36 is a little much for her so I bought a 19C.

Guest blairellis

Good for you for quitting.

Funny story. I smoked for a few months til my parents found out when I was 18 (Im 27 now). They gave me an ultimatum of quit or move out and I wanted free rent and food more than I wanted some smokes. Quitting was hard but it was doable as I sure had an incentive :rolleyes: Sounds like you are on the right track with giving yourself an incentive to quit.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet as most of its all in your head anyways, but e-cigs would be a good idea to look into as well just in case you "had" to have something in your mouth or hands. Something like this: SS Choice No. 7 Micro Starter Kit - ECigarettesChoice.com

I have been a smoker for over 25 years. STOPPED cold turkey for 3 years. The stupidest thing that I ever did was pick them back up. I work offshore and damn near everyone out here with a few exceptions either smoke or Dip or both. My wife has been begging me to quit for 12 years now. Before we were married she smoked and just put them down. I will try to quit but at the moment I am in charge of a very stressfull job that has ALOT riding on it, but after this is over hopefully in the next 72 hours I will try to put them down cold turkey. This thread has inspired me, but I NEED them now :hat:

So how much do you want for it?

(sorry, but odds of 30 year smoker stopping cold turkey first try ain't very good).

-OS

You are very mean. Oh and BTW, I quit cold turkey

The only problem I see with this is that you are waiting for 15 packs to be gone before you start. Why not find someone who smokes the same brand as you and give them the cigarettes (or sell them for a fraction of their original cost) and get started ASAP.

When my wife and I quit we just put them down. This was after 15 years of smoking. Cold turkey. Still want one almost every day until I actually smell it.

Nasty.

Yes, give the 15 packs away, sell them to a friend. Comit yourself to thecause and you will win.

I did. Cold turkey.

Yep, me too. July 3rd 1992. I quit after almost 20 years. Once in a while I smell one that smells good, but then most of the time they still gag me after almost 20 years of being smoke free.

Now the 1st 6 weeks Ichewed the mess out of some bubble gum, yes just straight bubble gum. Gave me something to do with my mouth instead of smoking a cig.

Keep up the good fight. you CAN win.:hat: