Prentiss Cooper gun range get yourself shot festival.

Guest faust921

Guest faust921

Yes, the weather is improving and it's time for the Prentiss Cooper gun range get yourself shot festival.

We meet at the handgun section on Sunday, feel free to bring your AR to zero in on the 15 ft range or a shotgun (It against the rules but if you are "only going to fire a couple or shots" who'll say otherwise.)

Events. (Every Sunday at 3:30 pm)

Sweep your range mates with your .22 rifle, it's such a small caliber, why give it any respect? Who ever died from a .22 wound anyway?

Nine Finger Girlfriend - Let your girlfriend try out your nickel plated .25! If she puts a finger over the barrel, you'll get a kick out of watching the horror on the looks of everyone else who realizes she's a Satuday night special's cheap ass trigger pull away from never giving you the finger again. Then you yell at her! Laff Riot!

Wigger wit Pistol in Back Pocket - Yo Yo YO. Youz Vannila Ice Foolz be bring yo gatts to da range. Did you be spendinz so much cheeze on da G21 dat you gotz no bread for a holster? Not to worry whitey! Juz stick that big ole gun in the back pocket of yo baggy pants. Dats right slim shady - you the mack daddy of the trailer park.

OOps! is this range cold? Yes friend, those people would be scared as hell if they saw you raise that pistol but they did not see it because their backs were to you as they changed targets. At least your girlfriend waited until the other shooters were behind the firing line before here near digit amputation. You're the guy that almost pulled the trigger.

Brass fountain. Rapid fire your big gun until everyone's filings come loose. You can't seem to hit the target with you poorly aimed torrent of lead but you sure can hit everyone else with your hot brass, and cover the table with empty ammo box litter for someone else to pick up.

Events end when a range officer takes control or someone gets shot.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe

I'll be there this coming Sunday.....Sounds like big fun :D

Let me know if you see me, I'm gonna be trying out my invisible vest I just got a really good deal on.:hiding:

IF....That is I can find it, which is kinda hard with it being invisible and all:p

I use to shoot there every Monday morning. The last straw was when I almost shot one of the brass scavenging meth head's kid one morning. I was sighting in the irons on my brother's AK for him. Had the whole range to myself up to that point and didn't hear them pull up. Right as I was about to fire the last shot of the group confirming I had the rifle zeroed(slack out of the trigger mind you),a kid about eight years old comes running in from my left and stops five feet directly in front of the muzzle. I quickly release the trigger and put the rifle on safe. Took a couple seconds to calm down and informed the window licking retards that their baby boy almost had his head turned into a canoe. That was a fun morning.

Guest Travtastik

You forgot to mention the chair shoot. That is the best part of going to PC itting in the folding chair that has 30+ holes shot in it from the bottom. Oh yeah and the guys that shoot from the back wall and hit the post or blast the roof with their AK skills.

I appreciate that someone cleans up the brass. But man I can not stand that there are 5 little range rats scavenging for brass when there are multiple people shooting. They practicaly stand there hovering while you are shooting.

I have been alone hanging targets at the 100 yard berm when someone pulled up and started shooting at the pistol side. Actually hid behind the berm and had to yell to let him know that there were people on the range. They didn't realize that the truck, gun, and gear scattered all over the place meant that someone was downrange.

I have also been sighting in and someone walk in front of my table while everyone was shooting.

As much as I like to think that gun owners are a responsible lot....That place reminds me that the vast heard of real people are a bunch of knuckle dragging amoeba.

It is so bad that if a bunch of lefties picketed to shut the place down, or if there was an accident there...I wouldn't mind the fact that these people would never have a place to shoot for the rest of their lives. Not kidding here folks - that shi$#hole is a liability to responsible gun ownership.

I've only been there once.

Must have been a tame day.

The only thing I noticed was that the pistol part is sort of separated from the rifle part, but not totally, no berm or anything between - a couple of folks were walking to their targets on pistol range while folks were still shooting on the upper short rifle range section. I figured that was normal protocol until some guy on rifle range yelled stop, range still hot.

Btw, I can SPELL it. :)

- OS

Guest Travtastik
I have been alone hanging targets at the 100 yard berm when someone pulled up and started shooting at the pistol side.

Same thing happened to me while I was on the 50 yard hanging targets and people started shooting on the pistol range.

The other thing that really gets me is the where someone shot the bathroom, or what ever you would call that thing. Its a odd felling standing there doing my buisness and looking out that huge hole that is lined up with my head. Freaks me out everytime.

Edited by Travtastik

I've been there when someone was on the rifle range and the guy 2 stations down from me on the pistol range just starts blasting away. That was awesome. I also had a guy walk out in front of me once while I was shooting. I saw him when he started waving his target at me as he walked diagonally into my line of fire from the entrance. I packed up and left. That is a special place sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely hilarious. I have been going to Prentice for several years now and the antics described above are absolutely true. My favorite semi-regular occurances are times like these:

1. Trio arrives with $2k plus each of tactical gear, M4s, Glocks, 5.11 clothing head to toe etc. and proceed to spend the entire day and hundreds of rounds of .223 ammo on the 15 foot range.

2. A 20ish college student and girlfriend with new 12 ga Mossberg 500 wailing away on the pistol range with bird shot.

3. Man walking down range literally every two shots on the 50 yard range, never bothering to call "down range" or "range cold".

4. Very busy Saturday morning with about 25-30 people on the line and a young kid brings his chronometer out to the rifle range and proceeds holding up the entire range every 2 minutes checking his readings.

These are only a few that come to mind.

Guest goomba

yea, PC is special.

last time I was up there I was getting ready to start firing on the 50 (& a guy with two teenage boys). dipstick down on the pistol range just walks out to change out targets. I screamed cold range. I scared the teenage boy who just raising his 22 to start shooting.

its not like we had just had a cold range less than 2 min before dipstick started changing targets.

needless to say, the Cleveland Range/club is going to be getting another member after my next paycheck. I Cleveland is only a little bit farther of a drive than PC. but its definatly safer.