Justified

Il Duce

Ooo, this thread just reminded me that I recorded it because I had to miss it Tuesday. I've had so much going on the last couple days that I had forgotten it. I can't wait to get home this evening, and hopefully I will get time to watch it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to say I was expecting a little more. Maybe I had too high of expectations. I was looking for more interesting characters. Like in SAMCRO.

The main character was real monotone all the way through it. That didn't come across to me as mysterious, intriguing or made him "tougher". Just made it seem like he was "phoning" it in.

The characters over all seemed one dimensional to me. I had started DVR'n it, but I stopped. Some of the stuff was just a little to out there for me.

Breaking into his ex-wife's place and having a beer?

Drinking Moonshine with his old buddy... now super villain?

It was the premiere so maybe I am being too hard on it. It does take time to build up characters though.

I'll have to say I was expecting a little more. Maybe I had too high of expectations. I was looking for more interesting characters. Like in SAMCRO.

The main character was real monotone all the way through it. That didn't come across to me as mysterious, intriguing or made him "tougher". Just made it seem like he was "phoning" it in.

The characters over all seemed one dimensional to me. I had started DVR'n it, but I stopped. Some of the stuff was just a little to out there for me.

Breaking into his ex-wife's place and having a beer?

Drinking Moonshine with his old buddy... now super villain?

It was the premiere so maybe I am being too hard on it. It does take time to build up characters though.

After finally watching it last night I have to kinda agree with you. I thought the show was good but for some reason I was just expecting a little more. To not watch it at this point would be a little harsh though, because it seemed to me like it definately has potential to turn into an addictive show after the first few episodes get the stage set for everyone.

Yea I think a 1911 "fits" his character more. And am I the only one that thinks they made a bad choice when they picked his cowboy hat? I think it makes him look kinda goofy. Should have just went with a different, less cheezy style of cowboy hat.

Yeah the hat is wrong. That's kind like an Aussie hat.

As far as the show itself, I liked it and will watch everyweek. However:

1. Bad guys with full-autos should have destroyed police hiding behind car doors with their semi-auto pistols, nary a scratch.

2. Comment about the bad guy "Boyd" getting into nazism and "patriot movement". I hate to hear those two things becoming synonomous from the pens of the writer(s)! Boo! If I hear any more of that preachy crap I will quit watching.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jackdm3

Just saw the first two. On-line. For free (cause I don't have cable). With NO ads! It'll be good to tide me over till SOA. And my man Chris Evans from Memphis was in 50% of the second episode. Woot! Woot!

IMDB says Timothy has done many of at least 10 episodes so far.

You can see it on CastTV.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FroggyOne2

If anyone has all the episodes to date.. and can put them on a dvd so i can see them, it would be greatly appreciated.. i don't have tv.. well i have a tv.. but i don't have cable or satalite.

i really wish they could do one continuous storyline like SoA instead of all these new characters in each episode.

In a way it is one continuous storyline as far as some of the characters go, and then in another way it's not. Personally I am still undecided as to whether I like this show or not. For me it's basically on the borderline of being a great show that I must watch every week, and a show that I could care less whether I catch it or not. It's nowhere near the caliber of show that SOA is because with SOA they leave you each week at a point where you absolutely MUST see the next weeks episode so you can find out what happens next.

Guest Tiny G

Just give it time, a lot of great shows had one dimensional characters in the first season. The actors and writers have to flesh them out, it takes time.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 6.8 AR

Excellent show. I didn't like Timothy Olyphant in some of his other acting venues,

but he fits in with this show. Joelle is very easy on the eyes. I'm going to have to read "Fire on the Mountain".

I expected something more in that episode, but still, it was okay.