What the 2nd ammendment does NOT say.

The second amendment does NOT say: For the purpose of hunting, the right to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed.

The second amendment does NOT say: For the purpose of sport shooting, the right to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed.

We cannot let the anti-constitution Liberals get away with statements like. "Since assault weapons are not designed for hunting or sport shooting, they should be banned." The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or target shooting. It's about freedom. If we loose the 2nd amendment like they did in Massachusetts, everything we have been fighting for for the last 230 years will be lost. As far as I'm concerned we need to cut a star off our flag. Massachusetts you are dead to me. (From "The Godfather");)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you seriously think you will need your weapons to fend off your government and put them back in their place then today's society will see you as a nut job, funny enough the founding fathers we praise did that exact thing under circumstances that are eerily similar to what we are experiencing today.

"If someone is so fearful, that they are going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, it makes me very nervous that these people have these weapons at all!"

- Representative Henry A. Waxman (D - CA)

"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When people fear the government, there is tyranny."

- Thomas Jefferson

Most people can read; it’s the interpretation and the intent part that causes trouble. Will and 6.8 you are both the same age I am. We have not had 2<SUP>nd</SUP> amendment rights our entire life, we don’t have them now, and I don’t see us having them before we die. My interpretation of 2<SUP>nd</SUP> amendment rights being that we can carry without paying the state for the right, and the laws do not change at the state line.

However… with the rising crime rate and the court’s ruling that LE has no responsibility to protect us; we have both the right and the duty to protect ourselves. That right does not come from and should not depend on the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> amendment. If you tie that right to the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> amendment you are done before you get started.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

And yes, time does change things. In a society where the government has acknowledged that cops do not have a duty to protect us; that duty falls on us alone. We can’t protect ourselves against car jackers and gang bangers without firearms.

My point? My battle is getting the government to acknowledge my right to protect myself; not interpreting what the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> amendment says. One does not depend of the other.

Guest 6.8 AR
Most people can read; it’s the interpretation and the intent part that causes trouble. Will and 6.8 you are both the same age I am. We have not had 2<sup>nd</sup> amendment rights our entire life, we don’t have them now, and I don’t see us having them before we die. My interpretation of 2<sup>nd</sup> amendment rights being that we can carry without paying the state for the right, and the laws do not change at the state line.

However… with the rising crime rate and the court’s ruling that LE has no responsibility to protect us; we have both the right and the duty to protect ourselves. That right does not come from and should not depend on the 2<sup>nd</sup> amendment. If you tie that right to the 2<sup>nd</sup> amendment you are done before you get started.

And yes, time does change things. In a society where the government has acknowledged that cops do not have a duty to protect us; that duty falls on us alone. We can’t protect ourselves against car jackers and gang bangers without firearms.

My point? My battle is getting the government to acknowledge my right to protect myself; not interpreting what the 2<sup>nd</sup> amendment says. One does not depend of the other.

I thought we might be, DaveTN, from our comments with each other:cool:,

and I don't wish to argue about how the 2nd functions. Your battle has already been won, Dave, but if you can't bear that arm in some places you can't use it to be protected. Chicken and egg argument. We will see.

You don't need to argue with the government about that. You need to assert to the government that that right is self evident and is above

government's right to abridge.

If you seriously think you will need your weapons to fend off your government and put them back in their place then today's society will see you as a nut job, funny enough the founding fathers we praise did that exact thing under circumstances that are eerily similar to what we are experiencing today.

What people "seriously" think and what they post on the internet are often very different.

Glenn

Guest 10mm4me

I feel sorry for the first gov't guy who comes in my home to seize, register, catalogue, photo etc... any of my weapons unless I a have committed a crime justifying such action. They may get me in the end but I will die fighting. This stuff infuriates me to a point beyond rage. That so many have died over the last 230 yrs for us to end up with this. A handful of liberal, morally corrupt douches running our nation into the ground. I won't live in a country like that.

Guest 6.8 AR

The 2nd amendment also doesn't say that democrats are above the law. Part

of the intent is the ability to protect us against tyranny, isn't it?

Guest 1817ak47
I feel sorry for the first gov't guy who comes in my home to seize, register, catalogue, photo etc... any of my weapons unless I a have committed a crime justifying such action. They may get me in the end but I will die fighting. This stuff infuriates me to a point beyond rage. That so many have died over the last 230 yrs for us to end up with this. A handful of liberal, morally corrupt douches running our nation into the ground. I won't live in a country like that.

I like that attitude and I completely feel the same way myself, that is what I plan on doing to

When they come knocking at your door, it will be too late. You will already have your guns stashed in the ground out in the garden. They will not be able to confiscate your guns any more than th ey can get the gangster's guns. I don't recommend going down fighting with a SWAT team. "No one ever won a war by dying for their country." George C Scott in PATTON. When it comes to defending your freedom, you will not be alone.

Guest don_m

It's interestion to look at Pennsylvania's constitution, which actually pre-dates the US Constitution and served as a model for it. Our version of the Second Amendment:

Section 21 . Right to Bear Arms

The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Too bad more states didn't follow suit...

Guest mikedwood
It's interestion to look at Pennsylvania's constitution, which actually pre-dates the US Constitution and served as a model for it. Our version of the Second Amendment:

The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

That's pretty clear.

Sounds like they question it to me, since you have to have a permit to conceal carry, and open carry is not preempted by state law.

- OS

You mean more states should follow suit and make it a crime for a citizen to conceal a firearm on them or carry one in their car? Many states do that.