CC at Disney World?

Check this out and tell us what you think.

My first impression was they were trying to make her out to be a potential active shooter and all round dangerous gal.

Personal safety and responsibilty don't seem to be implied or thought of.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316267,00.html

There was a little less enchantment in the Magic Kingdom Sunday morning when a 63-year-old Pennsylvania woman was taken into custody for allegedly bringing a loaded semi-automatic into the park.

Disney World security personnel reportedly discovered a silver handgun on Mary Ann Richardson as she entered the park with other family members, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office. The .32-caliber Beretta handgun had been loaded with seven live rounds in the magazine, but the chamber was empty, MyFoxOrlando.com reported.

Click here to read more from MyFoxOrlando.com.

Richardson claimed she regularly traveled with the gun and forgot she had been carrying it around in her purse. Also found in Richardson’s purse was a pair of scissors and a locked blade knife, authorities said. She was charged with possession of a concealed weapon.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about carry but I have heard that once a year, they have a huge celebration dedicated to candy! Heard a guy saying something about fudge and their methods of packaging it!

Never been, never will go, hoping for a hurricane named Liberace to level it so we can make it an alligator petting zoo for em.

Wow! you can CC at Disney World. Excellent!

I'd like to walk around under a few roller coasters and see if I could find some long lost treasures that had fallen from loose pockets. Never know....I might find a consideral amount of .25, .32, and .22 short palm guns lost out of the pockets of unknowing visitors.:rolleyes:

"No Guns" signs in Florida have no legal weight. There is also no law against carrying a handgun in Florida at an amusement park. You must also generally conceal a handgun (except hunting, fishing, target shooting, going to and from activities) when you are carrying a handgun with a license in Florida. There shouldn't be any problems if you are concealing as required by Florida.

I have a feeling this lady did not have a Florida CWL or a license from her homestate that has reciprocity with Florida because she wouldn't have been charged with a crime if she had one. I think the article said she is from Pennsylvania? It is so simple up there to get one, pay money to the sheriff's department, and you get your license. There is not a lot of excuse not to have one in Pennsylvania.

Guest Phantom6
Don't know about carry but I have heard that once a year, they have a huge celebration dedicated to candy! Heard a guy saying something about fudge and their methods of packaging it!

Never been, never will go, hoping for a hurricane named Liberace to level it so we can make it an alligator petting zoo for em.

:lol::rofl:

:D:puke::yuck::puke: