No firearms sign.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, No, it doesn't comply with 39-17-1359

If the judge and the owner of this building are friends though, I'm going to bet he says you had not doubt what the intentions of the owner were and that is close enough.

Just another reason I would like to see HB3125 pass...so as to require exact wording for a sign to be legally binding...

Guest jackdm3

When all business owners get hip to correct wording, I don't think the bill will be as much help to us then, do you? I mean then they'll all be able to correctly keep us out and then we'll hardly any better than now.

Guest bkelm18
When all business owners get hip to correct wording, I don't think the bill will be as much help to us then, do you? I mean then they'll all be able to correctly keep us out and then we'll hardly any better than now.

I'd rather have a clear cut law that defines what is right and what is wrong than have a law that is ambiguous as to which side of the law you're on.

Guest PapaB
Jareds on Gunbarrel.

Now that's funny!

BTW, 39-17-1359 (a) says

"Notice of the prohibition shall be posted. Posted notices shall be displayed in prominent locations, including all entrances primarily used by persons entering the building, portion of the building or buildings where weapon possession is prohibited. If the possession of weapons is also prohibited on the premises of the property as well as within the confines of a building located on the property, the notice shall be posted at all entrances to the premises that are primarily used by persons entering the property."

So if it's only in a window it's not a proper posting IMHO.

Now that's funny!

BTW, 39-17-1359 (a) says

"Notice of the prohibition shall be posted. Posted notices shall be displayed in prominent locations, including all entrances primarily used by persons entering the building, portion of the building or buildings where weapon possession is prohibited. If the possession of weapons is also prohibited on the premises of the property as well as within the confines of a building located on the property, the notice shall be posted at all entrances to the premises that are primarily used by persons entering the property."

So if it's only in a window it's not a proper posting IMHO.

I thought the same thing. They would need to have that posted outside the parking lot.

Guest Dean Wormer

Interesting, the Jared's at Avenue Crossing in Memphis has a correctly worded sign.

I believe the jared's in Texas post proper 30.06 signs as well

When I go shopping for an engagement ring, I'll send em a "I didn't go to Jared's" letter. GF approves of this.