Special Army Unit to deploy is US

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you go back and look throughout the history of our nation. the U.S. Armed Forces have been deployed against the citizens several times. The first time it comes to mind is the Whiskey Rebellion in the 1790s. George Washington sent the Army into Pennsylvania to stop a rebellion against the just passed Whiskey Tax.

In the mid 1800's the U.S. Army was dispatched against the Mormon's in Utah to bring them in line, by President Buchanan. No actual battles were fought, but the mere threat brought the Mormons to the negotiating table.

In 1932, General George MacArthur lead U.S. Troops against Bonus Marchers in Washington D.C. The Bonus Marchers were Veterans of WW I that were supposed to get a bonus for their service. It never materialized and they marched on Washington from all over the country. They held rallies and were general peaceable, but they would not leave. After a while the City administration attempted to force some of the marchers out of the city, but failed miserably. President Hoover sent MacArthur in with Federal Troops to force the marchers out. MacArthur ignored his orders to use unarmed soldiers, instead using tanks and the point of the bayonet to subdue and force the marchers out of Washington. Assisting his efforts were Dwight Eisenhower and George Patton.

Bush 1 used elements of the 7th Light Infantry from Ft. Ord to bring order to the streets of LA when riots broke out after the Rodney King affair. As an aside note, I was at Ft. Bragg at the time on AT and it was a tense time there as well.

These are just the more notable examples I've listed here. My point is, it has happened in the past and probably will in the future. When it's happened in the past, it has never destroyed our Republic. I highly doubt it will in the future unless the military should take a side. And I don't see that ever happening.

If you'd like to see a partial list of other times the Military has been deployed with in the borders to quell unrest and strikes, check out this website. The ones in blue have articles associated with them.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/war-plan-white.htm

Edited by Moped
Guest 6.8 AR

So, what would they be anticipating to bring out this kind of armed assistance to the streets of America?

Political power? Maybe, but I doubt it. The only way I could see that makes it impossible, saying a nullification of a complete election cycle. If something like that happened, they wouldn't have enough soldiers, period, to stop what that would bring on. As much as I don't trust Obama and his cronies, I doubt that will happen.

Financial collapse? That's entirely possible, but if we were in that kind of

situation, the rest of the world would be, too. Most countries are using

monopoly money these days. Same as above with the soldiers.

Catastrophic event? Maybe they aren't telling us something. If we had Morgan Freeman as President, we'd know more(j/k). If an asteroid hit it wouldn't matter about needing troops.

Now, if a series of fraud in elections that causes a group of elected officials to retain power somehow gets exposed, and that causes more people to visit DC with their signs and banners and the beltway becomes

a fortress, I'd say that could be a reason for a civil war, but I don't, yet,

believe that will happen. The Minnesota 'Franken' fraud could be the tip of the iceberg, though, and it is a possibility there may shenanigans in November.

There is too much left unsaid about using soldiers on American soil and for what reason. If it's crime in the streets, that's not good enough. I've been thinking about this since I asked if it was for real, and it still doesn't make

any sense.

If, somehow, a constitutional convention was called and powers that be

chose to ignore the states, there's your war. Obama did say, in response

to the challenges to his health care bill, "Bring it on". That stuck with me

and is filed with that idiotic flyby of Air Force One over Lady Liberty

which scared people in New York. Also, the use of his favorite union thugs during the last elections to intimidate voters.

The only thing I think is somehow political, but then you all knew that:D

All I do know is that he has polarized so many against his policies that he

or Rahm Immanuel or someone is getting ready for something. If that is

the case, I don't see the military sending troops for anything that would defend that kind of dishonor to the people. If anything, I think the

military would step aside and defend the people, before that would

happen.

Nope. I still don't trust him. So, if there is any truth in this story, we need

to be looking for other reasons than generic civil unrest. That dog won't

hunt.

To AR (my brother),

I don't have time to go point-by-point right now, but I don't think this is a sinister plot. I have been involved in a LOT of the disaster readiness stuff since Katrina. We (our government) got caught with our pants down on 9/11 AND the Katrina aftermath. The way I view this... It's most likely part of those efforts.

El Nino is gonna be gone by June, which means the Gulf states could have another string of disasters. I don't know if you've been unfortunate enough to visit one of the major hurricane areas as a responder, but I have (more than one). I can tell you that it blasts the entire area back into the stone age. We thought nothing of the curfews and the national guard checkpoints. the National guard, and every other agency was overwhelmed after Katrina, and it was small potatoes compared to a Cat 5 storm hitting Miami or Tampa.

Anyway... my two cents.

Guest 6.8 AR
To AR (my brother),

I don't have time to go point-by-point right now, but I don't think this is a sinister plot. I have been involved in a LOT of the disaster readiness stuff since Katrina. We (our government) got caught with our pants down on 9/11 AND the Katrina aftermath. The way I view this... It's most likely part of those efforts.

El Nino is gonna be gone by June, which means the Gulf states could have another string of disasters. I don't know if you've been unfortunate enough to visit one of the major hurricane areas as a responder, but I have (more than one). I can tell you that it blasts the entire area back into the stone age. We thought nothing of the curfews and the national guard checkpoints. the National guard, and every other agency was overwhelmed after Katrina, and it was small potatoes compared to a Cat 5 storm hitting Miami or Tampa.

Anyway... my two cents.

I know. I wasn't thinking to provoke anyone, either. I thought I kind of dismissed those events, anyway. Except for the political one. You just never know about that stuff. It usually is peaceful, but too many

shenanigans took place with people that should not have been involved in political activities, and it is a little more dangerous with the way our

elected officials have disregarded our wishes. Just looking at scenarios

based on what I've been reading and a few history books. Modern day

America has a bit too many similarities to pre WW2 Nazi Germany. But I didn't wish to stir a pot. Observations, friend:D

I've seen some disaster areas. That is always a real concern.

I know. I wasn't thinking to provoke anyone, either. I thought I kind of dismissed those events, anyway. Except for the political one. You just never know about that stuff. It usually is peaceful, but too many

shenanigans took place with people that should not have been involved in political activities, and it is a little more dangerous with the way our

elected officials have disregarded our wishes. Just looking at scenarios

based on what I've been reading and a few history books. Modern day

America has a bit too many similarities to pre WW2 Nazi Germany. But I didn't wish to stir a pot. Observations, friend:D

I've seen some disaster areas. That is always a real concern.

It's not the first time legislation has been pushed thru like that. Those guys have a lot of power right now, and they used it. I do believe it was a "great society" mentality, not a Hitler mentality. Wrong ideals or right, I'm not concerned that they're gonna round up all us rednecks and gass us. Hell, they can't even figure out how to disarm us ;)

Guest faust921

To the black helicopter evaders

1. Remove tinfoil from hat. Their radio waves go right through anyway.

2. That discombobulated group of "runners" are Thai government troops.

3. You have more to fear from your local police under the control of a big city mayor than U.S. Armed forces, the leadership of which is well educated and has historical perspective on the role of military. A West Point or Annapolis grad isn't going to blindly follow orders to attack U.S. civilians.

4. If you still feel threatened, go buy some more ammo or a reloader. That's something you can use. At a minimum, the reloading will take your mind off of the morons that are currently steering this ship.

Edited by faust921
Guest faust921
Just like the last losers. There won't be riots in the streets.

True dat. Here is a photo of how the modern lib revolutionary handles political defeat.

losers.jpg

Edited by faust921
Guest 6.8 AR
It's not the first time legislation has been pushed thru like that. Those guys have a lot of power right now, and they used it. I do believe it was a "great society" mentality, not a Hitler mentality. Wrong ideals or right, I'm not concerned that they're gonna round up all us rednecks and gass us. Hell, they can't even figure out how to disarm us :grouchy:

Thank God for that!

To the black helicopter evaders

1. Remove tinfoil from hat. Their radio waves go right through anyway.

2. That discombobulated group of "runners" are Thai government troops.

3. You have more to fear from your local police under the control of a big city mayor than U.S. Armed forces, the leadership of which is well educated and has historical perspective on the role of military. A West Point or Annapolis grad isn't going to blindly follow orders to attack U.S. civilians.

4. If you still feel threatened, go buy some more ammo or a reloader. That's something you can use. At a minimum, the reloading will take your mind off of the morons that are currently steering this ship.

I love this post!! Funny and full of truth!!! I salute you!!!

You need to be wary of unelected bureaucrats. Do a google search on New Orleans during Katrina. A little closer to home; listen to the pronouncements of the various chiefs of police in Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga, and Knoxville --- then decide for yourselves who is the greatest threat.

RE: Young military leadership: Right on target. I personally know several of these kids!! They give me hope for the future (...and im a terrible cynic...). Thank God for these great young people.

Keep up the good work!!

Kind regards,

Leroy

Edited by leroy
spelling!!!!