I really feel old today.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been feeling old for a long time now, and I'm not really that old. I've been working in the same place now for going on 14 years, and everyone else that works here is over 60 years old. Trust me this kinda situation makes you feel old.

Guest jackdm3

Ya'll get to a gym, stat! My condition requires me to go three times a week minimum for 30-45 minutes if I want to continue to walk. And I really, REALLY hate it! But the routine is a given. We're used to the schedule and it's pretty painless. I'm only 39 and most times I feel like ya'll talk.

Guest mustangdave

Yes the GYM it is...swimming and sweating...still have OE knees but the little buggers ache a lot...my hearings shot (thank you US Navy) so I have detachable bionics...but other than that, I'm good to go

Ya'll get to a gym, stat! My condition requires me to go three times a week minimum for 30-45 minutes if I want to continue to walk. And I really, REALLY hate it! But the routine is a given. We're used to the schedule and it's pretty painless. I'm only 39 and most times I feel like ya'll talk.

You're right about that. I have a treadmill, and feel alot better when I use it.

Sometime in the near future I'm gonna have to start going to the gym. Being stuck here in this officed I don't have much opportunity for regular exercise from my job. Then on top of that when I messed my knee up last year I gave up some of my hobbies that kept me in shape. I've since put on 40lbs because of it, and it just keeps making me lazier every day.

The place I hunt at has about a 20 minute walk up a hill that's almost straight up. Here lately, I often think that I'm going to die right there in the woods before I get to the top. My dad is pushing 60 years old, and doesn't have much trouble at all with the climb to the top. Always makes me feel like I'm older than him, so that's confirmation that the more out of shape you get, the older you'll feel.

told the wife the other day she didn't have to worry about me getting a young girlfriend cause I couldn't keep up with her.....

I suddenly realize I am closer to 60 now than I was when I was 25.......

And Mike, were you on the Ark? If not, how did you survive??

Guest Sgt. Joe
thats all I got right now, but I do think getting older is better than the alternative.

I think you just need to start planning a trip to see them grand kids Bro.

If I could I would come and take ya there, I could use some FL time myself.:popcorn:

We aint old we are just starting to think about it.....

Keep busy, both mind and body. Hit the gym,walk, do crossword puzzles...Keep looking for your next purchase. Don't forget to consume enough alcohol to kill the bad germs.

Yesterday and today, the wife and I shoveled, wheelbarrowed and spread 7 yds. of crush-n-run (driveway gravel). Now I feel old, but It is way, way better than the alternative.

You really are old today. :D Next couple of years are probably gonna suck as bad. Did for me.

Thanks, you really know how to cheer a guy up

You know dirt, right? Mike was on the design team. :D

I assisted Methuselah, but I got to pick the color

Suck it up ole man, its all down hill from here. :popcorn:

glad I have that to look forward to.

told the wife the other day she didn't have to worry about me getting a young girlfriend cause I couldn't keep up with her.....

I suddenly realize I am closer to 60 now than I was when I was 25.......

And Mike, were you on the Ark? If not, how did you survive??

60 is coming all too soon

We aint old we are just starting to think about it.....

I wonder how old I would be if I did not already know

Keep busy, both mind and body. Hit the gym,walk, do crossword puzzles...Keep looking for your next purchase. Don't forget to consume enough alcohol to kill the bad germs.

Yesterday and today, the wife and I shoveled, wheelbarrowed and spread 7 yds. of crush-n-run (driveway gravel). Now I feel old, but It is way, way better than the alternative.

Sounds like you know some secrets to life, thanks