Remington 1911!!!

Steelharp

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tennesseevolz

Try the following link, and scroll down to the pictures of the magazine pages----it looks allright to me---$699 seems to be a decent price too.

forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?p=2635731

Try the following link, and scroll down to the pictures of the magazine pages----it looks allright to me---$699 seems to be a decent price too.

forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?p=2635731

Don't see any pics there. Do you have the right link?

My understanding is that Gallatin's own Sam Hoster had a lot to do with this gun. Perhaps Glockmeister can give us some more info.

FWIW, I'm not a bells and whistles guy. For example, I think Kimber's are overpriced dust metal. This has what a 1911 needs, without the coffee maker. I would buy this before any over-designed fancy pants "ooh-ahh" 1911.

Guest BigShot

Ready to hold one before I declare... has a stainless bushing, white dots. Really would like to feel the slide fit and the trigger. Even though the finish does appear to be a bit lackluster, it is a knock around designed weapon.

Ya'know street price going to be around 6 bills anyways. So far, I think they're not that far off. We'll see. :D

BigShot... thanks for being the one with the sense to not make declarations off pictures alone. As the old saying goes about opinions... :D I think the finish looks right, for a working gun. I never liked the idea of carrying a centerfold piece.

Guest 6.8 AR

Didn't look bad to me. When are they releasing it for sale?

Are they making a hi cap? I know, I'm not a purist.

Maybe one of these days.

Guest tbone

I agree with the statement about holding one before passing judgment. Having said that, my initial impression from the pics is that it is a bit overpriced for a no-frills gun.

my initial impression from the pics is that it is a bit overpriced for a no-frills gun.

What is MSRP on an RIA? We know that's always the "inflated" price, and never street. This has better sights, for one... and if it's American made and not Brazilian or Filipino, that would explain the higher cost.