Cabela's

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked the wife into stopping at the one in MI quite a few years back. She reluctantly agreed and we spent an hour or so looking the place over. We stayed nearby that night and had several conversations about what we had seen at Cabelas. Next morning after breakfast she suggested that we go back to Cabelas as she had enjoyed it and there were some things she wanted to see a second time.:):D:cool:

oldogy

I wonder what they have against the south? Look at their retail map and there's a big nothing with lots of stores up north.

I'm guessing it a combination of their origin, market research, etc. i think they're a Nebraska company. The store in St. Louis is relatively new.

If they're like most other corporations, they'll expand. St. Louis is a big place, at least twice as big as any in Tennessee. The store there isn't that far from the Bass Pro, and is nowhere near the center of the metro.

I'm guessing it a combination of their origin, market research, etc. i think they're a Nebraska company. The store in St. Louis is relatively new.

If they're like most other corporations, they'll expand. St. Louis is a big place, at least twice as big as any in Tennessee. The store there isn't that far from the Bass Pro, and is nowhere near the center of the metro.

The greater metropolitan area of Kansas City, (where they've had a store for some years now), is about the same size as Nashville's. There's a whole lot of hunting area in the South that is not covered by their retail stores. I'm one of those "touch it; feel it" kind of buyers. If it's something new I want to examine it before I buy if possible. I've been burned by online shopping too many times.

I'm one of those "touch it; feel it" kind of buyers. If it's something new I want to examine it before I buy if possible. I've been burned by online shopping too many times.

I'm the same way.

I wish there were a Cabelas in this area somewhere. I haven't been happy at all with Bass Pro really. Out of probably 50 or more trips there, I think I've only bought anything maybe twice from them. They're always either sold out of what I'm looking for, or don't carry it at all, and I end up just saying to heck with it and leaving. I go to Gander Mountain in Huntsville pretty regularly as well, and have bought things several times from them, but they're prices are way to high on most items, so I'm not really thrilled with them either.

The greater metropolitan area of Kansas City, (where they've had a store for some years now), is about the same size as Nashville's. There's a whole lot of hunting area in the South that is not covered by their retail stores. I'm one of those "touch it; feel it" kind of buyers. If it's something new I want to examine it before I buy if possible. I've been burned by online shopping too many times.

KC is close to their home base. Who knows the real answers without talking to somebody inside.

I grew up eating White Castles and Steak and Shake, but they're relatively new to Nashville.

It's pretty easy to put your hands on anything you want in Nashville. Maybe that's part of it. I bought a lot of new guns last year, and in most cases, did the research, and then went out and bought it once the decision was made.

I'm the same way.

I wish there were a Cabelas in this area somewhere. I haven't been happy at all with Bass Pro really. Out of probably 50 or more trips there, I think I've only bought anything maybe twice from them. They're always either sold out of what I'm looking for, or don't carry it at all, and I end up just saying to heck with it and leaving. I go to Gander Mountain in Huntsville pretty regularly as well, and have bought things several times from them, but they're prices are way to high on most items, so I'm not really thrilled with them either.

I bought several long guns (3 brownings, 1 marlin, etc.) from Bass Pro, and all were what I went in for. Bass Pro is kinda week on accessories, so I get a lot of that stuff from Midway. I have bought from G&L and Specialty Arms as well. So, I haven't even needed all the stores in Nashville.

I would love to see a Cabela's in Nashville, but I do just fine without them.

I bought several long guns (3 brownings, 1 marlin, etc.) from Bass Pro, and all were what I went in for. Bass Pro is kinda week on accessories, so I get a lot of that stuff from Midway. I have bought from G&L and Specialty Arms as well. So, I haven't even needed all the stores in Nashville.

I would love to see a Cabela's in Nashville, but I do just fine without them.

I don't have enough patience to buy long guns from BPS, every time I've ever been in there you can't even get close to the counter hardly. They are weak on accessories, but just in general it may be my bad luck because like I say even some of the things that I know they carry they are usually out of when I go to buy it. I like the gun layout at Gander much better, because I like to be able to fondled the firearms without having to ask a salesperson to hand me 30 different ones from behind the counter.

Not sure really if Cabelas would be any different than either of those two as I've never been to a Cabelas store, just think it would be nice to have that other option in outdoor stores like that.

I don't have enough patience to buy long guns from BPS, every time I've ever been in there you can't even get close to the counter hardly. They are weak on accessories, but just in general it may be my bad luck because like I say even some of the things that I know they carry they are usually out of when I go to buy it. I like the gun layout at Gander much better, because I like to be able to fondled the firearms without having to ask a salesperson to hand me 30 different ones from behind the counter.

Not sure really if Cabelas would be any different than either of those two as I've never been to a Cabelas store, just think it would be nice to have that other option in outdoor stores like that.

Haven't been to Gander yet. I used to go into Bass Pro during off times. The sales guys were usually helpful once you get one, but I've always known what I wanted. When I bought my X Bolt, I asked for it specifically, so I really only had to fondle two rifles. Same with the scope for it. i had the Leupold model number, and they had it in stock.

We have great gun stores in Nashville

I've been to the outlet near Ann Arbor MI several times. I used to travel near there for business. If we finished early, I'd wander around Cabelas to kill time before my flight. I've bought a bunch of stuff from them and so far, all the "Cabelas" brand stuff (mostly clothing) has been of excellent quality.

Cabelas makes Bass Pro look like a Dollar General. Gander Mtn is 1/4 the size with 2x the prices.

I've been to the outlet near Ann Arbor MI several times. I used to travel near there for business. If we finished early, I'd wander around Cabelas to kill time before my flight. I've bought a bunch of stuff from them and so far, all the "Cabelas" brand stuff (mostly clothing) has been of excellent quality.

Cabelas makes Bass Pro look like a Dollar General. Gander Mtn is 1/4 the size with 2x the prices.

Yep.

I have been to about 10 of the Cabela's as my wife and I traveled across the country. Been in too many Gander Mountain's to count. Gander is so ridiculous on gun and ammo prices mainly go in there to use the restroom while traveling. Bass Pro is OK. Nice to look around in. I only buy accessories and other items from Cabela's or Bass Pro. If you are out in the Dakotas or Iowa, check out the Scheel's All-Sports stores. Great gun selection and lots of accessories. Prices are about average to high but neat stores. My wife knows if we see a Cabela's or Scheel;s sign we are going to stop in.

Superposed

I wonder what they have against the south? Look at their retail map and there's a big nothing with lots of stores up north.

Maybe Dick's threatened them. Did you ever know a place with a more perfect name?

Maybe Dick's threatened them. Did you ever know a place with a more perfect name?

You just have to be careful how you speak of shopping there. I went there one time with my dad, my step-mother, and step-brother. When we got there, me and dad started walking across the parking lot, and my step-mother and step-brother decided they wanted to go to the art store that was in the same shopping center. They yelled to let us know they were going over there, and I yelled back "ok, yall go look at the art store, me and dad are gonna go look at Dick's". This seemed to embarrass them, as there were lots of folks in the parking lot that might have taken that a different way.

You just have to be careful how you speak of shopping there. I went there one time with my dad, my step-mother, and step-brother. When we got there, me and dad started walking across the parking lot, and my step-mother and step-brother decided they wanted to go to the art store that was in the same shopping center. They yelled to let us know they were going over there, and I yelled back "ok, yall go look at the art store, me and dad are gonna go look at Dick's". This seemed to embarrass them, as there were lots of folks in the parking lot that might have taken that a different way.

:D:hiding: Priceless.