Decent deal or not?

dralarms

Deal of not?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Deal of not?

• Yes
    • No

Just got back from the local pushers:p, and they had a Beretta 96FS, police special, with 2 mags for 299.95 including tax and background.

Now the gun's finish is worn, it's not new by any means but was wondering if it is a good deal or not?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal experience with this sort of issue is easy. If I wait until tomorrow to buy it, someone else will buy it out from under me, confirming my thoughts that it was a good deal. If I go back and ponder it long enough, I'll buy it and end up feeling like I paid too much, thus it was really not a deal!

Probably doesn't help much, but maybe it helps you to know you're not the only one who can't pull the trigger on what appears to be a good deal!!

Id its $299.95 "Out-The-Door" I say its a good deal. :rolleyes:

Yes Out the door 299.95.

My personal experience with this sort of issue is easy. If I wait until tomorrow to buy it, someone else will buy it out from under me, confirming my thoughts that it was a good deal. If I go back and ponder it long enough, I'll buy it and end up feeling like I paid too much, thus it was really not a deal!

Probably doesn't help much, but maybe it helps you to know you're not the only one who can't pull the trigger on what appears to be a good deal!!

Don't help because if I find something I think is a deal I jump, been messed over once or twice but never real bad.

For the record I bought the gun in question, shoots great. It's been shot some but not shot to death.

Yes Out the door 299.95.

[/b]

Don't help because if I find something I think is a deal I jump, been messed over once or twice but never real bad.

For the record I bought the gun in question, shoots great. It's been shot some but not shot to death.

In that case, it sounds like you got a good deal. Congratulations!

Were you wondering if it "is" a good deal or "was" a good deal? Did you buy it 15 minutes ago?

No, I bought it beofre posting, just wanted opinions.:rolleyes:

And shot it out behind the pushers'? :bowrofl:

Nope, but I don't live that far from the pushers:p

Guest jackdm3

"Now the gun's finish is worn, it's not new by any means but was wondering if it is a good deal or not?"

Sorry. You sounded like you hadn't decided yet.

In that case, it sounds like you got a good deal. Congratulations!

She shoots just like my brand new one.:bowrofl: . Now I got to decide if I want to get it refinished. Probally not, may use this one for a truck gun, or better yet a gun in my office for those pesky customers that won't pay.:rolleyes:

JK:p

"Now the gun's finish is worn, it's not new by any means but was wondering if it is a good deal or not?"

Sorry. You sounded like you hadn't decided yet.

Weather I had bought it or not the question is still valid. If it is a good deal at the gun store, why would it not be a good deal once I got it home?

Even though I already bought it, it IS still a good deal.:rolleyes:

Looked like a decent deal to me. I fondled it and a couple others in that display around 10:15 this am, right after they opened. Had I not already bought one gun from Tim earlier this week it may have followed me home.

oldogy

Edited by oldogy
Looked like a decent deal to me. I fondled it and a couple others in that display around 10:15 this am, right after they opened. Had I not already bought one gun from Tim earlier this week it may have followed me home.

oldogy

Yes they had some nice deals in that case.

They even had a PF9 for 299.95 OTD:D

that pistol is definitely on my "want" list, I think you did good!
They had 1 more, but it was not in the 299.95 OTD case.
I think it was a good deal. You see the DAO models for around that price but rarely the DA/SA models.
That's what I was thinking.
Alright, enough talk, it's picture time!

No way to post a picture, haven't been able to log into my imageshack acct for months.:rolleyes: Trust me, it looks like any other black 96FS that has been carried for 10 years on a daily basis.:P

Guest Bluemax
that pistol is definitely on my "want" list, I think you did good!

My thoughts exactly, I had a model 96 and they are great guns. I would love to find a decent one for 299.00

Guest jackdm3

I've witheld my vote as well. It's a double-single .40? Mine's an Elite edition with the thicker slide and decocker-only, but it's served me faithfully for 10 years until I wore out the 1911 hammer spring and went back to stock last weekend. It's big but I trust it immensely.

I think you definitely got a deal. I used a Beretta 96D Brigadier (DAO) when I went through the Shelby County Sheriff's Academy years ago. They sold off all of those guns 4 or 5 years ago after transitioning to a Sig. I decided that I wanted one. It cost me well over $300 in auction, plus shipping, plus transfer costs. The 96D is not a very desirable model and I still sunk almost $400 into it.

I think you did just fine :rolleyes: