First Bank Walk

Guest truejarhead

Guest truejarhead

I work in downtown Nashville and just got my new toy yesterday (Glock 22) so I'm sporting it at work (concealed). With today being payday, I thought I would wear it to make by deposit. I was surprised that the Regions Bank downtown was not posted so I went in to make my deposit.

As I enter the bank, I notice six Metro LEOs. I walked over to fill out my deposit slip standing next to two of the LEOs. I then head for the line to make my deposit with a LEO in front of me and one behind me. What an awesome feeling yet I felt a little dirty at the same time. You almost have this feeling like your sticking it to the man even though you are completely legal.

I've carried in Target and the little Dollar General close to my house but the bank walk was just plain fun.

Out of curiosity, anybody know what model Glock Metro LEOs carry? I was checking out the LEO's Glock in front of me and I liked the smaller size.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boogieman

I always find myself checking out what the LEO's carry. I've seen Glocks, Springfields and even a Sig. I've never asked one about it though, wouldnt want to make them nervous or anything.

Guest jackdm3
I always find myself checking out what the LEO's carry. I've seen Glocks, Springfields and even a Sig. I've never asked one about it though, wouldnt want to make them nervous or anything.

I wouldn't think they would be. If the cops in your area got :screwy: or :) because of that one, you'd think you need tougher cops.

Edited by jackdm3
  • Moderators

The Branch of MATCU closest to my house has a gunbusters sign on the door. For that reason in those rare times I have to go into a branch I use the one in midtown which does not have any sort of posting. I deciding against questioning it for fear of causing them to post all branches.

I work in downtown Nashville and just got my new toy yesterday (Glock 22) so I'm sporting it at work (concealed). With today being payday, I thought I would wear it to make by deposit. I was surprised that the Regions Bank downtown was not posted so I went in to make my deposit.

As I enter the bank, I notice six Metro LEOs. I walked over to fill out my deposit slip standing next to two of the LEOs. I then head for the line to make my deposit with a LEO in front of me and one behind me. What an awesome feeling yet I felt a little dirty at the same time. You almost have this feeling like your sticking it to the man even though you are completely legal.

I've carried in Target and the little Dollar General close to my house but the bank walk was just plain fun.

Out of curiosity, anybody know what model Glock Metro LEOs carry? I was checking out the LEO's Glock in front of me and I liked the smaller size.

Cool! Just curious though, can you share with the rest of us how is it you are able to conceal what many consider a full size handgun (What type of holster are you using and what style of clothing are you wearing?)

There may be some who are convinced that it's not possible.

The Branch of MATCU closest to my house has a gunbusters sign on the door. For that reason in those rare times I have to go into a branch I use the one in midtown which does not have any sort of posting. I deciding against questioning it for fear of causing them to post all branches.

Speaking of MATCU and their sign (which I guess is technically a "gun & knife buster" since it shows a gun and a knife with the circle/slash ;)), I had a funny thing happen to me in the one on Perkins about 4 or 5 years ago. I was standing a the teller conducting a transaction when this young female security officer came up to me. She said "Sir, we have a no weapons policy in the bank". Now I'm tripping out trying to figure out how in the hades she saw my pistol in my IWB holster under my somewhat baggy t-shirt. I was thinking she was some kind of awesome for spotting it. I responded with "huh??". She pointed at my front right pocket where the clip and tip of my pocket knife were visible. She asked that I just remove it from clipped to my pocket and let it fall down into my pocket as to not alarm anyone. Strange request, but I figured it was easier to just do it than make a big deal of it. I'll give her props for being on her game, though. Most security folks around here (or around Perkins and Knight Arnold anyway) wouldn't stop texting on their cell phone long enough to notice if you had an MP5 slung around your back. :)

Guest truejarhead

I have a cheap Galco IWB holster that I am wearing at about 4 o'clock with my shirt untucked (Fridays are casual days). No printing at all. And the Glock 22 is clearly a full size handgun. I'll post a photo here in a few minutes.

Guest truejarhead

I thought so too but the LEO in front of me clearly had a smaller Glock than the 22. The 23 makes since. Same caliber, smaller gun.

Guest db99wj
Cool! Just curious though, can you share with the rest of us how is it you are able to conceal what many consider a full size handgun (What type of holster are you using and what style of clothing are you wearing?)

There may be some who are convinced that it's not possible.

Really? I carry an XD 40 Service model (4" barrel), CTAC everyday, completely unnoticed without printing. I've posted these several times before but here we go.

Pictures2157.jpg

Pictures2154.jpg

Golf shirt looks the same.

Guest uofmeet

Man, i gotta get a better holster for my XD.....I pocket carry my wife's XD sub-compact sometimes with minimal printing

Guest G-Pa Glynn

I carry in the bank here all the time, with a Glock 22 in a Tagua IWB all the time and never had the first question about it.

Guest archerdr1

I was on my way to work this morning and went into the bank to cash my check. It was the first tennessee bank. I was OC my Ruger P345... nobody even looked at me funny. I was in Walgreens, Starbucks, and a gas station or two and same thing, except in Walgreens a sheriff's deputy walked in as I was walking out and said "Hi, How you doing?" I said "Great" and kept on walking... So did he.

I was on my way to work this morning and went into the bank to cash my check. It was the first tennessee bank. I was OC my Ruger P345... nobody even looked at me funny. I was in Walgreens, Starbucks, and a gas station or two and same thing, except in Walgreens a sheriff's deputy walked in as I was walking out and said "Hi, How you doing?" I said "Great" and kept on walking... So did he.

Even though I have yet to see anyone OCing in TN, I hear stories like this all the time, with either no one noticing, or no one being concerned. It seems that this is the typical reaction over the speculation that the cops are going to be called, people running for cover, etc.

Guest archerdr1
Even though I have yet to see anyone OCing in TN, I hear stories like this all the time, with either no one noticing, or no one being concerned. It seems that this is the typical reaction over the speculation that the cops are going to be called, people running for cover, etc.

that has been my typical response. i usually cc, but there are times when it is just not convenient for me to conceal. I was wearing a t-shirt and did not want to put my leather coat on just to cover up (Had I been wearing a coat, as warm as it was outside, they would probably thought something was wrong) so I just walked in, did my business, and walked out. I agree that there are some places where it would just not be a good idea to carry open, but I have never been held at gun point to be asked for my permit or anything.

I have to believe that how you OC and how you dress also plays a part in how people respond. If you carry on the belt in a leather or kydex holster, dress halfway professionally, are relatively clean cut, and don't have mega tattoos showing, people would be less inclined to see you as a threat. If, however, you look like you have been in the woods for a month, unshaven, dirty, and wearing tactical gear with a drop holster, then you shouldn't be surprised if someone calls the po-po.

Guest SmokiesHiker
I might need to refresh but I thought it was not legal to carry in banks?

Not legal in NC (which I am in at least once a week).