New WSMV Poll

Guest italia

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the way it's worded. It makes no reference to law-abiding citizens with permits carrying firearms into restaurants that serve alcohol, nor does it say anything about the fact that the law will prohibit anyone carrying a firearm from drinking.

They make it sound like anyone will be able to carry into a bar.

Did they just change the poll? I see "Disgraced Tour de France winner Floyd Landis says that he took performance-enhancing drugs. And he says Lance Armstrong did, as well. Do you believe him?"

Did they just change the poll? I see "Disgraced Tour de France winner Floyd Landis says that he took performance-enhancing drugs. And he says Lance Armstrong did, as well. Do you believe him?"

They probably didn't like how that one was going.

"Should Lions Be Allowed Near Children?"

Don't take your kid to the zoo!

"Should drugs be allowed near dying people?"

Don't go to a hospital if you're dying.

"Should knives be allowed around children?"

Don't let your kid go in the kitchen.

See.....works with just about anything.

Guest italia
"Should Lions Be Allowed Near Children?"

Don't take your kid to the zoo!

"Should drugs be allowed near dying people?"

Don't go to a hospital if you're dying.

"Should knives be allowed around children?"

Don't let your kid go in the kitchen.

See.....works with just about anything.

"Should cigarettes be allowed near babies?"

Don't go near adamween's avatar. :cool:

I don't like the way it's worded. It makes no reference to law-abiding citizens with permits carrying firearms into restaurants that serve alcohol, nor does it say anything about the fact that the law will prohibit anyone carrying a firearm from drinking.

They make it sound like anyone will be able to carry into a bar.

I think the lack of this kind of knowledge is why so many vote against this. It was mentioned the other day on the news while my g/f and I were watching TV, and her first response was "oh no, allowing guns in bars like that would be a huge mess". She changed her mind when I brought up the fact that this doesn't change the law that people can't drink while carrying. It will only allow those going in to restaurants that aren't going to be drinking to carry as long as they are legal to carry in the first place.

The general population, using my g/f as an example, are only educated by the media and the way they portray such situations, and as such the media can control the outcome of these issues.