Traveler's Insurance lies to the victims of accidents.

A few weeks ago I was rear-ended by a person who had Traveler's Insurance. Being that I am a driver for Domino's and I was on the job at the time I was immediately suspened as per Domino's policy. Traveler's was somewhat cooperative with paying for the damage to my truck, however, after being suspended for 2 weeks because of the incident I had brought the issue of lost wages to their attention. One Friday I recieved a call saying they were sending me a check for $655.07. This amount was based on the pay stubs I had faxed them. The very next day I find a message from Traveler's refusing to pay. I left them a pair of messages about it and have no gotten no response, so now I will be drawing as much attention to this incident as I possibly can to persuade people to boycott this company, and to switch companies if they are members. If you are as disgusted as I am by not only the refusal to pay what I am owed, but also the refusal to abide by the given word of one of their own employees then please, contact Traveler's, tell them you will have nothing to do with the company, and tell them why. If there are those of you willing to drop them as an insurance company I can't thank you enough, I know it's a lot to ask, but I can't rest until I have made this company aware of how furious and disgusted I am with their deplorable behavior

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I was suspended because their client hit my truck. Even if they're not responsible, their onw employee told me they were sending me the check, and then the very next day told me, oh wait, no we're not. If I promised free pizzas to someone over the phone, and then my manager called back and said we're gonna charge $34.67, most people would understandably be pissed. The woman who told me the check was on it's way is a Travelers employee and representative. They are responsible for abiding by her word in matters like this.

Actually, I will be contacting the person who hit me today, to both attempt to persuade them to switch companies and to give them a chance to rectify the situation themselves without getting a court involved, but yes, if these actions fail then small claims court will be my next step.

Lawyer up, I am not sure how new your car is but you can sue for depreciation of the value of the automobile if it is reasonably new. No matter how well it was fixed it will still show up on a Carfax report as being involved in an accident. This is going to affect resale as well as trade in value.

As far as the wages I can't see why they would not own you the money. If you had to get a rental they owe you for that as well.

Dolomite

Thank you Dolomite. I have no intention of ever reselling the truck, I plan on getting as many miles out of it as I can. Damage was minimal, the fender faces downward, and they were compliant about paying for that. I tried talking to a lawyer, he basically said I didn't have a case, continually cut me off while talking, and made it very obvious he just didn't care. If it comes down to going to court it looks like I'll be representing myself.

Do you have a copy of Donimo's "policy" where it states that they suspend you for a not at fault acciddent? You may want to carry that to court. They Atty taht you called most likely cut you short because there is not much $$$ in it for him/her. And in most automobile claims you have to be injured to receive a loss of wage paymnet.

Guest m&pc9

Call travelers and tell them you dont want to sue but if you have to. You will sue for alot more than the 600 bucks for lost wages.

Call travelers and tell them you dont want to sue but if you have to. You will sue for alot more than the 600 bucks for lost wages.

I bet that will not make them flinch a bit :rock: They are well aware that they are only liable for the amount of the loss, if anything. If he had in wrtting that they were going to pay for lost wages then a judge may expect them to pay and order Travelers to do so. Since it is not in writting then it is a "he said ..she said" deal.

I will keep using Travelers for my Home & Auto Insurance. Howver, I will not use Domino's in the future because they suspend employees for not at fault accidents.

I bet that will not make them flinch a bit :rock: They are well aware that they are only liable for the amount of the loss, if anything. If he had in wrtting that they were going to pay for lost wages then a judge may expect them to pay and order Travelers to do so. Since it is not in writting then it is a "he said ..she said" deal.

I will keep using Travelers for my Home & Auto Insurance. Howver, I will not use Domino's in the future because they suspend employees for not at fault accidents.

Yep. I'm thinkin' ebow1 needs to quit using Dominos too, as soon as he can find another gig. Kinda ticks me off.

I can get a copy of the policy, and I have the message on my answering machine saying they would not pay me even though the representative told me they would, and yes, I made plans long ago to leave Domino's the instant I find another job.

You do not want to tango with an insurance company in court.

You don't even wanna try. If you do, you will be out a lot more then then the few hundred you are out now in lost wages.

My first contact would be to a local rep. They are much friendlier and easier to please then someone in Bum Smuck.

Also be sure to record your conversations.

They may say xyz and promise you xyz, but when you call back for a progress, they say abc.

If that fails, I would take the guy who hit you to court for the lost wages.

Let him deal with the insurance company reimbursing him.

Just my 2cents worth from dealing with ******* insurance companies...

Good luck, still not sure why someone else is on the hook for Domino's policy. That's a strange policy.

I mean, if Domino's said you had to take 3 months off should the insurance company or driver be responsible?

While its deplorable they lied to you, I dont really think they are responsible for Domino's stupid policy....Domino's should repay your wages missed with proof the accident was not your fault. I would say the first person you talked to thought you had said you missed two weeks because you got hit, and not because it was company policy....thats probably why they were gonna pay you.....and strickj is right...dont try to sue the insurance company....unless your injured you dont have a chance.

Travelers has no obligation to pay for your loss wages and more than likely the employee was talking about something they know nothing about or have the authority to do. the loss wages issue is between you and Domino's and we both know how that will go over. Asking people to change insurance companies because of one incident with someone else is kind of ridiculous because if that were the case people would be changing all the time and not to mention it is a hassle as well. now asking people to stop eating dominos is quite easy as their pizza isnt any good anyways, no offense.

Guest mustangdave

Unfortunately...I see this going nowhere fast in a dented and bent truck...cut loose from domino's and forget any $$$ from Traveler's...yer small taters to them

Domino's policy isn't out of the ordinary.

I've had two driving jobs in the past and they both had similar policies.

One was a one week suspension in order for drug test to be done.

The other was simply a drug test and suspension until that test was complete. Could be one day... could be one month. Depended on how long the clinic took to do the test and get results back.

Neither company cared who was at fault in the accident. It was simply a CYOA policy.

However, both companies I worked for had fleet owned vehicles so the liability was 'upped'. But, even driving a privately owned vehicle has it's liability concerns for a company.

If you cause a wreck off of the job, it's just your car insurance company's problem. If you cause a wreck while on the job, it's a lawsuit being filled because there's always money behind a company's name.

While Travelers is certainly not responsible for Domino's policy, they are responsible for the word of their employees. I was told I would be recieving a check for the lost wages, and the claim handler knew exactly why I was asking to be paid for the lost wages. I recieved another call saying they wouldn't pay me. Even if they have policy that puts them in the clear I had a verbal contract with their employee, and even if that was enacted because she had her head up her rear-end that is still the fault of Travelers for not keeping their employees up to date on their rules and policies. And yes, I will readily admit that Domino's pizza is garbage.

While Travelers is certainly not responsible for Domino's policy, they are responsible for the word of their employees. I was told I would be recieving a check for the lost wages, and the claim handler knew exactly why I was asking to be paid for the lost wages. I recieved another call saying they wouldn't pay me. Even if they have policy that puts them in the clear I had a verbal contract with their employee, and even if that was enacted because she had her head up her rear-end that is still the fault of Travelers for not keeping their employees up to date on their rules and policies.

It's pretty sad that you admit it's not Travelers responsibility to pay you but because of an error, you now feel they owe you.

Good luck with that.

An employee is a representative of the company they are employed with. When they call me and say we are sending you a check, and then I get another call that says, oh wait, no we won't, I'm inclined to believe I'm still owed that check. It's the exact same thing if I promised people free pizza over the phone and then charged them when I got to the house.

Guest mustangdave

Good luck getting Traveler's to pay you...you might also consider putting some extra cash away for that court case you're probably gonna lose...to off set paying court costs and both attorney's fee's.