Shirley Zeitlin Realty - Property Posted - 2325 Crestmoor RD, Nashville

Guest stovepipe

Guest stovepipe

Nashville: Went to the Doctor today and was greeted by a brand new "circle slash" sticker posted on the door of his building. Having been a patient of his for over 15 years, I asked him about it, and was told he hadn't noticed it... but said that that would have to be done by building owner (Shirley Zeitlin and Elise Whalley). I called her office and was told that the building was managed by her son(?) Bruce Zeitlin, who was unavailable. Does anyone here do business with them or their tenants? It would be nice to get their thoughts behind the postings.

I have a picture of the signs, if I can figure out how to get them from my phone, but the slash sign is new, references TCA 39-17-1359, and states that permit holders "may" lose their permit, if they enter. - They obviously have been keeping up with the restaurant carry bill's new posting details...

Shirley Zeitlin is a big name in the Nashville area realty and property mgt business, and I'm sure hurting like anyone else. Can't imagine why they'd do this.

Businesses within the building:

Wilson Investors (Sam Moore)

Heritage Medical Group

John E. Williams, DDS

Clifton Chunn, DDS

Victory Weight Loss

Southebys International Realty

The Lipman Group

Edited by stovepipe
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
I told you it would be easier now... :2cents:

I still fail to see how it is any easier now. If they're going to post, they still have to put up a sign. Still takes the same amount of effort.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

Hmm... Kinda hard to 'boycot' that business since it is your Dr. :2cents: That really bites. It would be very interesting to hear the property owners logic. It would also be interesting to see how he responds if he is asked about providing an armed security guard on site to protect tenants and customers.

I think it's interesting the signs say you may lose your permit, yet the law doesn't provide for that punishment, only a fine.

Nope, not necessarily.

TN law DOES INDEED state in 39-17-1352 that

The department shall suspend or revoke a handgun permit upon a showing by its records or other sufficient evidence that the permit holder ... Has violated any other provision of §§ 39-17-1351 — 39-17-1360;

Posting statute is 39-17-1359.

Will be interesting to see how these two statutes may interplay if enforcement for carrying past a sign ever really cranks up.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Would be interesting to go to your appointment, find a sign, then call your DR office from outside, tell them you are cancelling because they changed their policy that prevents you from entering their office and that you refuse to pay a cancelation fee because they did not inform you of the change before you drove in.

(this being assuming you would not want to leave your gun in your car. I would not want to leave mine in my car where it mine be stolen).

I'm thinking instead of the "no sign no dollars" cards, it would be more effective to make cards that point out the assumed liability the property owner takes when they assume responsiblity for you safety by posting. might have more impact. especially in these type circumstances.

I still fail to see how it is any easier now. If they're going to post, they still have to put up a sign. Still takes the same amount of effort.

I think he meant it would be easier for us to know when a building is "properly posted", not easier for someone to actually post.

I think he meant it would be easier for us to know when a building is "properly posted", not easier for someone to actually post.

That's an interesting, and valid perspective... good thinking. However, I was commenting that while the physical effort of putting a sign up is no different, it will take less effort to obtain a circle/slash sign than one with proper verbage. Several places I have been to where I could carry because they only had the circle/slash are NOW validly posted, and they didn't have to do anything. They just became bonus recipients under this stupid bill that some are "so excited" about. :D

It may be time for a lawyer to chime in . . .

I think when you lease or rent space, title for that space transfers to you during the rental. The property owner can't post on rented space as it would be up the the lessor to determine that status.

Lawyers?

That's an interesting, and valid perspective... good thinking. However, I was commenting that while the physical effort of putting a sign up is no different, it will take less effort to obtain a circle/slash sign than one with proper verbage. Several places I have been to where I could carry because they only had the circle/slash are NOW validly posted, and they didn't have to do anything. They just became bonus recipients under this stupid bill that some are "so excited" about. :D

I know I'm in the minority, but I agree. Now, if the legislature takes the next step and corrects the signage issue then it will be a good bill. as Of now I lost more than I gained ... and that's not just in regards to restaurants.

I think when you lease or rent space, title for that space transfers to you during the rental. The property owner can't post on rented space as it would be up the the lessor to determine that status.

Lawyers?

Depends on the lease/rental agreement. Most professional management companies reserve those rights as the "owner".

Lawyers?

Depends on the lease/rental agreement. Most professional management companies reserve those rights as the "owner".

Yep...there is an AG opinion saying that landlords can prohibit renters from having firearms in the apartments/houses they rent. So not hard to believe that a business property owner could post their property despite the wishes of any tenants....

Guest sammyboy

Well, this is interesting... because just up the road at 4301 Hillsboro Pike is the big Zeitlin headquarters and I didn't notice a sign there last week.

Guest stovepipe
Well, this is interesting... because just up the road at 4301 Hillsboro Pike is the big Zeitlin headquarters and I didn't notice a sign there last week.

The signs I saw looked brand new. Would be interesting to check again...

Guest sammyboy
My dentist is in that one. I'll check next time I go there.

Mine too Monkey. I'd hate to get rid of Dr Dietrich, but I value the Constitution more than my Canines. ;-)

Yep...there is an AG opinion saying that landlords can prohibit renters from having firearms in the apartments/houses they rent. So not hard to believe that a business property owner could post their property despite the wishes of any tenants....

Yes, I recall that crack-headed opinion being posted.

Guest HvyMtl

Oh, and one more thing, as "building management" they control the non-leased parts of the buildings... the lobby, hallways, etc. I could easily see this argument used in court...