Remember Toys From Days Gone By?

Guest Swamprunner

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mosinon

Jarts were awesome. I remember chucking those blindly over our privacy fence just to see who could wing one the farthest. In retrospect blindly throwing jarts wasn't the best idea but we had a ton of doing that one summer. And dry ice in bottles, that was fun.

+1 on the Thing Maker

The better version of that was the Incredible Edible Thing Maker

Astronaut Matt Mason and the Moonbase

Whizzers

Clackers

Can't remember the name but it was a sit down riding toy, like sitting in a hard plastic innertube with two big wheels on either side, you could spin, go any direction and crash like hell into your brother and try to knock him off his Big Wheel.!!

All this nostalgia stuff is making me sad.

Guest Swamprunner

Wrist Rockets. REAL M-80's. Super Balls (rubber ones). Ah, good times. I had a buddy that slammed a Super Ball down and it came back and busted his top front two teeth. They didn't even think of a lawsuit.

~swamp

How about the "Electric Football" set. Plug the thing in, take the plastic men, line them up, turn it on, field vibrates, the man with the felt football vibrated down the field, if opposing team player touched him he was down. I still have that one. Tabletop hockey set, metal men on sliding metal rods, twist them to move, goalie moved, wished I still had that one. Real rawhide whips, homemade bow/arrow, geezz, by todays standard most us over 50 should have been dead by now, we even drank out of the water hose and even after the kid next door drank from it and dropped it in the dirt. And I know no one played with the Easy Bake Oven........

OK, now who of you all used to take the tiny green soldiers, put them on a stick and light them on fire. Then aim the hot fiery burning drops of plastic onto stuff like little bombs?

My G-d, I could have turned out to be an arsonist ... :D:(:angel:

T&R

OK, now who of you all used to take the tiny green soldiers, put them on a stick and light them on fire. Then aim the hot fiery burning drops of plastic onto stuff like little bombs?

My G-d, I could have turned out to be an arsonist ... :D:(:angel:

T&R

O yeah, model glue was like napalm.

real GI Joes, not them sawed off midget versions,

Electric football was Tudor Electric Football. That game is awesome

Jarts were great, lucky no one was harpooned though, but if one of us had been there would have been an ass whooping not a law suit.

Matchbox cars. Had a whole area off the side of the house that was dedicated to Matchbox. Hot Wheels blowed IMHO.

We rode bikes for miles and would be gone all damn day, ride to the Greater Cincy Airport. Take the ferry across the river and push the bikes up KY Rt 8. Go to the airport and play spy. Bikes never stolen, and at least once every time they would chase us off the tarmac. Imagine that now.

peepin on Sue Gray and her enormous bazzooms, before me knew what to do with them.

Give me the 60's any day.

AAHHH yes the good old days.

We used to play hide and seek in the corn field and get my little brother lost.

Terrorize the crittes in the woods.

We invented a game called "Junk Yard". My Dad got these big magnets from somewhere and we would

tie a rope to them and throw them over the swing set and pick up my sisters bike, pedel car and stuff.

No such thing as nintendo or video games back then.

Kids would be lost today if they had to invent things to do.

My G-d, I could have turned out to be an arsonist ... :angel:;):angel:

T&R

We would save all the "dud" firecrackers and tear them in half. Light the end and they would be flame throwers against those sinister invading soldiers!

Bottle rocket wars

When we moved to Florida for a year, we discovered that dry chlorine for the pool and dot 4 class brake fluid is poor mans napalm. Put the dry chlorine in a baggy so it won't get hit by the brake fluid immediately, stuff it in a 2 liter bottle, pour in brake fluid. RUN LIKE HELL> That stuff burns hot and fast!

How did we survive?

Am I the only one old enough to have had real cap guns? The kind that I wore hanging way down on my hip :cool:in that quick draw holster and fired rolls of caps one at a time. The rolls of caps that I placed on a flat rock or other hard object and hit the whole roll with a hammer. Now those were exciting times.;)

oldogy

Am I the only one old enough to have had real cap guns? The kind that I wore hanging way down on my hip :cool:in that quick draw holster and fired rolls of caps one at a time. The rolls of caps that I placed on a flat rock or other hard object and hit the whole roll with a hammer. Now those were exciting times.;)

oldogy

You were a rich kid Oldguy! All we could afford were the caps and then steal Mike's rock to set em off!

Test for tough guys was to scratch the caps with a finger nail to make them burn

Guest jackdm3

Had the Tin Can Alley!

Crossman .177 pellet rifle

Bottlerocket wars

BB wars

Army men

Big Wheels and Green Machines

Hot Wheels and Matchbox

Star Wars stuff

"BMX" bikes

Legos and Lincoln Logs

The chewed-up-by-squirrels-pine cones were handgrenades.

Contact lenses used to come in little glass vials. Shove 3 firecrackers in, twist the wicks together, light and heave. Glass everywhere. Even in my best friend's hand. Party was over then.

Atari 2600

Trains and RC cars

Cheap skateboards