what's the oddest thing you own?

Guest Buzz87
I have Buzz87:hiding:

I have pieces of the Berlin Wall. From Desert Storm; Republican Guard mess kit and LBE, SCUD and Patriot missile parts.

DUDE!!! I'm sitting right over here!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an old telescope that I have no real knowledge as to its origins. Used to have a brake rotor that fell off a truck while I was drivin' it. Not sure what happened to it. Got a buddy with a German Luger, all matching numbers, taken off a Nazi officer after he was KIA'd.

Well, I didn't have anything all that neat so I figured I'd mention something that was cool, even if it wasn't mine. If it makes you feel better I can try and steal it, although I'll more then likely get shot in the process.

so I figured I'd mention something that was cool, even if it wasn't mine.

dude it is all good, don't make a big deal outta nuttin.

Now if you stole it and he shot you and you posted up the piece of lead pulled from your butt we would have something.

Guest Jamie
PS: Jamie this thread has epic written all over it. Great idea.

It's gonna be something... Not sure "epic" is gonna be quite the right word though. :rofl:

J.

Not sure what my 'oddest' item is. Probably one of these:

Surefire advertising banner and flashlight stands

Prototype Surefire light, another SF that was a very, very limited run.

Grill and fenders off a '51 Willys, grill off a '48

Chainsaw carved, bear shaped lamp.

Oh, and the original horn off the Silver Comet locomotive than ran out of Atlanta many, many years ago.

Well, I have a couple of very old telegraph keys, repeaters and sounders (and they work), and a few other odds and ends from a telegraphers desk.

A Railroad Express Agency scale from the '20's

A gravity fed gasoline lamp

One of the factory prototypes for the Coleman 323 series lantern, dating from about 1916

A WWII brass compass, the forerunner of the standard military pocket compass.

A Vesuvius 2 burner gas stove, all brass and copper... no idea how old, but really neat.

A USN boarding cutlass

A kerosene student lamp from the late 1800's

Some memorabilia from the Clinchfield RR (ashtrays, time tables, etc)

A '36 Plymouth (for sale), a 51 M38 and a 54 M37

A lot more that escapes me at the moment (my sister calls my place 'the museum')

But the oddest (and most treasured) are my TGO friends.

I have a Masonic Handbook that was published in 1855 that belonged to my great-great grandfather. It has his name and lodge number (NY) and the date (1856) written in the front. It covers the Blue Lodge degrees and York Rite (Knight Templar) degrees.

Guest Caveman
Well, I have a couple of very old telegraph keys, repeaters and sounders (and they work), and a few other odds and ends from a telegraphers desk.

A Railroad Express Agency scale from the '20's

A gravity fed gasoline lamp

One of the factory prototypes for the Coleman 323 series lantern, dating from about 1916

A WWII brass compass, the forerunner of the standard military pocket compass.

A Vesuvius 2 burner gas stove, all brass and copper... no idea how old, but really neat.

A USN boarding cutlass

A kerosene student lamp from the late 1800's

Some memorabilia from the Clinchfield RR (ashtrays, time tables, etc)

A '36 Plymouth (for sale), a 51 M38 and a 54 M37

A lot more that escapes me at the moment (my sister calls my place 'the museum')

But the oddest (and most treasured) are my TGO friends.

I bet you were thinking of me when you wrote that part.....:D

Edited by Caveman
Guest Daelith

We have a didgeridoo that hubby brought home from Australia. Can't play the dang thing though. Just scares the dogs half to death with it when he tries.

Guest Jamie
We have a didgeridoo that hubby brought home from Australia. Can't play the dang thing though. Just scares the dogs half to death with it when he tries.

So you're saying that in your dog's opinions, it's a didgeridon't? :D

J.

I kick myself weekly for not getting one when I was down under. I do have a couple of boomerangs that hang over the exits to my sons room (to sysmbolize that he can always return home).

Guest Daelith
So you're saying that in your dog's opinions, it's a didgeridon't? ;)

:D Most definitely.

Buck1032 - He brought home a boomerang too, but he gave it to someone as a gift.

:D Most definitely.

Buck1032 - He brought home a boomerang too, but he gave it to someone as a gift.

I have been to Australia and Tasmania several times and eack time came home with something different, tanned sheep hide, kangaroo hide, boomerangs, etc, but still wish I would have bought one from the Abbies when I was in Darwin.

Wait, stuff from Australia reminds me. Somewhere in my house I have a beer bottle opener that's a pair of Kangaroo testicles. Buddy got it when he went to Australia, moved it and didn't take it with him, so I kept it.