Keltec PMR-30

Defender

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dean Wormer
I'm not sure how much sense it makes, nut I do too. How can you NOT want a pistol that holds 30 rounds lol.

I'll see your thirty and raise you 3:

6a00e0097f1b5f883300e55452c8038833-800wi

• 2 weeks later...

Are you on an e-mail list from Kel-Tec or did you shoot them an e-mail? I e-mailed them back in May and they said they woud start shipping in June. Who knows, maybe they do start shipping them but hold them until a release date, like an album. Either way, I'm getting one the first day it goes up for sale. I already have over 1,000 rounds of .22 mag and don't even own a gun in that caliber!

Are you on an e-mail list from Kel-Tec or did you shoot them an e-mail? I e-mailed them back in May and they said they woud start shipping in June. Who knows, maybe they do start shipping them but hold them until a release date, like an album. Either way, I'm getting one the first day it goes up for sale. I already have over 1,000 rounds of .22 mag and don't even own a gun in that caliber!

No, they just responded to a query from me.

Rumors abound, i know. But Saturday. 7/24, one of the counter guys at Specialty Arms told us he'd been told by a rep that first units were being shipped now. So like the rest of the herd, I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival. Have been buying a few boxes of 22 ma along the way in preperation for the big day. And if the piece is a bust... I still have my SW K-22 to use it with. And that's a real gun.

The first batch was sent to distributors on July 16 according to Kel-Tec. I did find one for sale on the link below. They want $650?!! Should that be in pesos? I really hope no one buys it at that price just because of the hype. This shop is out of FL so it it make sense that they received it first. Hopefully they will start making their way here soon but at a reasonable price.

GunsAmerica - Kel Tec PMR 30 22WMR - Kel-Tec Pistols > Pocket Pistol Type - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H#

Oaks gunshop has a well earned history of being way to proud of their stuff! Used to ride up and handle their guns, then go home and find them cheaper everywhere and ordered what we wanted from a sane dealer.

Well, it looks like one went on Gunbroker today for $580+$35 Shipping+Dealer Transfer Fee. I have been enamored with this gun since I found out about it back in January, but not for $600. Looks like I may have to wait 6 more months to get this gun at a reasonable price. If you also notice in the link below, the gun sold with in 3 hrs of being listed. What a DA.

Kel Tec PMR-30 : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

forget that. Keltec has lost their minds, besides I want a carbine.

MSRP is supposed to be around $415. I want one, but will wait past the gouge, and probably the first recall.

this

I was hoping that thing would be chambered in 5.7x28....but .22mag isn't far off. Looks like a lot of fun!

5.7 is to expensive.

I do hope it is popular. I would like to see what would happen if it took off like the .380. The lcp started a whole new market of nice little guns. I would like to see what Ruger, Taurus, S&W, etc. would do with a high cap .22wmr.

I don’t think this gun will be a big hit because of the round. The cost of ammo is almost as high as 9mm. I think the ammo will go the way of the .380; there isn’t a huge market, and the supply is limited, so those that do buy it will pay a premium.

This gun is not a carry gun. It is a plinker or target practice gun. But the cost of ammo doesn’t make it as attractive as a .22LR for a “Trigger Time†gun.

I expect the price to be in the $375 range or below by the time they get to local dealers. Watch Buds, I bet they sell them at a normal "street price" when they get them.

I looked at them and thought it would be a cool range toy. But I think if I was going to pay that much for ammo I would just go with 9mm. Or if it’s just a “Trigger Time†gun I’ll stick with my .22LR’s.

Of course I still may have to try one out. :poop:

Haha, so true...

Prototype blew out the barrel.

I expect that this gun just has the new cool factor going for it is all.

But like anything else Kel-Tec makes, it might as well be made from unobtanium since their production capability sucks.

Guest Keinengel
I do hope it is popular. I would like to see what would happen if it took off like the .380. The lcp started a whole new market of nice little guns. I would like to see what Ruger, Taurus, S&W, etc. would do with a high cap .22wmr.

I think it would be pretty cool if a market of opens up for guns like these. We need something new to look at behind the gun shop counters, lol. However this new Kel-tec totally hit every branch of the ugly tree on the way down. It almost makes Hi-points look nice.... well maybe not but still.....

Guest drv2fst

I hope it drops to a reasonable price soon. I think it would be a fun gun. I really liked the 5.7 as well. This (in theory) seems better. Cheaper ammo, cheaper gun, lighter gun, more mag capacity, .... Sounds like a lot of fun to me. Can't wait to try one out.

I agree that it is not likely a carry gun. Imagine trying to explain to the DA or the jury why you had to shoot the BG 14 times until he was leaky enough to stop. If you only shot the BG 2 or 3 times he might still make it to the courtroom to make up a different story.

I watched a clip on youtube today about this gun and the guy from Kel-Tec said the ballistics of the .22mag out of the PMR30 were similar to the ballistics of a .22LR out of a rifle. I realize that the .22mag is a rifle round and you lose quite a bit when shooting it from a pistol, but that comparison stole some thunder on this gun for me. Maybe I have over hyped this gun in my head.