How come everyone on you-tube shoots a revolver until it goes "CLICK"?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking up Ruger Single Six on you-tube. It's a six shot pistol, but every single video I watched, they shoot six times and then one more. Is it that they can't count, or they think that it may have an extra bullet in there somewhere? Or more likely, they know more about taking videos than they do shooting. :cheers:

You ever consider the possibility that you could be spending too much time watching Youtube?B)

Mikegideon:

I also attempted to shoot pocket revolvers once upon a time and prefer a pocket semi all around. I carry a G27 but am looking at a pocket 45 without the long trigger pull. For punishment try a Bond Arms Snake Slayer with a 3 inch 410 3 aught buck. Two shots and sold.

Could be a habit of making sure the gun is empty. When I shoot, whether it's a 1911 or AR; I'm not concentrating on what round # I'm on, I'm concentrating on aiming etc.

My thoughts exactly.

Guest Miracle

This reminds me of a fella that took the HCP course yesterday with me. He was using a Ruger Single/Double action revolver, and this is how he did it...

1. Shoot.

2. Cock the hammer back.

3. Shoot.

4. Cock the hammer back

5. Shoot

6. Cock the hammer back

7. Shoot

8. Cock the hammer back

9. Shoot

10. Cock the hammer back

11. Shoot

12. Cock the hammer back

13. Click

14: Click

15. Click

Like, WTH!? lol

Actually in case of a misfire that is one of the worst things one could do. In case of click remove magazine or open cylinder after 10 seconds. Then cycle the action on an automatic if it is not open. You are not in a speed loading competition.

Guest friesepferd

Ill often do that when shooting revolvers at the range.

1) makes sure you had counted right

2) good dry fire practice

Guest Jamie
This reminds me of a fella that took the HCP course yesterday with me. He was using a Ruger Single/Double action revolver, and this is how he did it...

1. Shoot.

2. Cock the hammer back.

3. Shoot.

4. Cock the hammer back

5. Shoot

6. Cock the hammer back

7. Shoot

8. Cock the hammer back

9. Shoot

10. Cock the hammer back

11. Shoot

12. Cock the hammer back

13. Click

14: Click

15. Click

Like, WTH!? lol

Then did he throw the gun at the target, like they do in the movies? :D

J.

When SHTF you can concentrate on one thing and one thing only. You concentrate on counting shots, I'll concentrate on getting five into COM as fast as I can. If you can take time to count you weren't in enough danger to fire.The drill with a snubby revolver is to fire and fire fast, the click is your signal that you need to reload.

When SHTF you can concentrate on one thing and one thing only. You concentrate on counting shots, I'll concentrate on getting five into COM as fast as I can. If you can take time to count you weren't in enough danger to fire.The drill with a snubby revolver is to fire and fire fast, the click is your signal that you need to reload.

That sounds like best tactical philosophy to me.

I'm sure for the minority of semi-autos that don't lock back on empty mag, folks generally do an extra click also.

- OS

Because thats how they do it in the movies. No wait, movie revolvers hold like 20 rounds right? I need a movie revolver! In tired of having to count before I reload. I want 20 rounds in a six shot .44. Yeah! Someone sell me a movie gun!

Talking about Movie Revolvers, My uncle wants some of that western campfire wood, though a few sticks on your camp fire at bedtime and it keeps a fire all night with barely any smoke.

Guest iScream
Chris:

You are lacking the pleasure of having a 5 round wheel gun! :confused:

I'm trying to figure out what size cartridge I would have to shoot to only have room for 5 holes in the cylinder. Even my 44 Mag (Ruger Redhawk) has 6 though it does weigh more than a small child. Been thinking about mounting it on a trailer so I can pull it behind my truck. :screwy:

-Chris

"When SHTF you can concentrate on one thing and one thing only. You concentrate on counting shots, I'll concentrate on getting five into COM as fast as I can. If you can take time to count you weren't in enough danger to fire.The drill with a snubby revolver is to fire and fire fast, the click is your signal that you need to reload."

While you are clicking on an empty cylinder, I will be reloading. I don't have to concentrate to count. I recon it comes natural with me. When I hear gunfire in the woods, I can count the shots after I hear the reports. I just can't help it.

Maybe this feller can convince you. His Name is Jerry Miculek and he's a purdy good shot and he does not go click, he counts his shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srM2qghDFuI

Campare Jerry Miculek to this yahoo.

Or even this numb nuts.

The difference is Jerry Miculek is a pistol shooter and the other two are just yahoos with numb nuts and a video camera.

Edited by Will Carry
Guest Halfpint

Some of my instructors at SOI gave us a piece of advice . . . I don't always remember to do it, but it's about balancing speed and accuracy. Unless you have no way to do so, aim for center mass, FAST, period. The initial shock of the target taking that first hit will allow you time to put another round in the same area, thus increasing your chances of putting down your target.

As for counting rounds--again as told (not "taught" as it's not official USMC doctrine) by one of my SOI instructors--you don't have to keep a perfect count, but it's a very good idea to keep a ballpark idea of how many rounds you've fired . . . example, I've fired ~10 rounds out of a 15-round mag, and I have a full magazine available. During a lull in the fight, it makes sense to reload. If you're not keeping at least an approximate count, you won't know when/if you should reload early. :popcorn:

Edited by Halfpint
Edited to correct, we're talking handguns, not rifles.

I am still amazed that people find such an idiotic topic with no merit at all could go on for 5 whole pages. The dumb really hurts to read.

I can't believe people would look both ways when crossing a one way street!!!! Cars are only coming from one direction....People that do this are amateurish and should learn better than that.

Also...when the power goes out in the neighborhood - Some people have the nerve to still try and use the light switches. My gosh you would have thought they know that the power is out!!!

LOL! I can't believe it either and I started the thread. I'm glad there are other idiots, like you, who contibuted to it. WAIT! I see you contributed two replies! NO THREE! WTF? I guess you are as big an idiot as I am.

I_Like_Pie.

This is the TGO forum. If you think a posting is dumb then don't reply to it. There are hundreds of posts every day. Surely you can find one that meets your high standards. Unless you just like being a dick.

Nemo me impune lacessit !

Edited by Will Carry