Lets See Some Lever Guns

Guest FiddleDog

Who done the stock work on your 336 ? it would look great on mine LOL

It was like that when I bought it used. I have since seen pictures of the same gun so I guess it came from the factory that way.

Glenn

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That 16 inch 45-70 is the real definition of a "Brush Gun". Had I seen that I probably would not have sold my 45-70 Winchester and copied your gun. I do have the Trapper which has a short LOP, 16 inch barrel, and OAL of 33 inches in 45 LC. However it is not the "Squirrel Gun" that the 45-70 is. One never knows what "Monster Squirrels" might lurk in the woods! I have seen "Photo Shopped" squirrels that are larger than Photo Shopped Grizzlies.

I have a Win 94, 30-30, 1964, ser #2721xxx, In the 80’s my dad put a side mount scope on it. To install the mount, you replace a couple of screws. I want to remove the scope and restore the rifle. Can anyone point me to someone that will know the differences in models of that era so I can get the correct screws.

I’ve looked at Numrich, MidwayUSA and Brownells, but there are some different models within the same year of production. I need someone to help me clarify what screws are correct.

Edited by gotigers
I have a Win 94, 30-30, 1964, ser #2721xxx, In the 80’s my dad put a side mount scope on it. To install the mount, you replace a couple of screws. I want to remove the scope and restore the rifle. Can anyone point me to someone that will know the differences in models of that era so I can get the correct screws.

I’ve looked at Numrich, MidwayUSA and Brownells, but there are some different models within the same year of production. I need someone to help me clarify what screws are correct.

I would start with a call to Winchester

Either what Mike said, or Numrich has a a forum with a section on identifying or finding firearms parts that you might try posting your question in and they could link you directly to which ones you need on their site. Sometimes it takes them a few days to respond though.

• 4 months later...

I don't have a large collection...just my Marlins, 336CS & 39A Original Golden Boy. The only other rifle in my collection is a Nylon 66 Apache, my dad gave me 25 years ago. Someday I'd like to add a Marlin 45-70 & maybe a Winchester 94 to round things out.

130.jpg

129.jpg

Edited by luvmyberetta
Marlin 1895 in 45-70. The barrel was cut down to 16" with a Leupold 2x mounted up front. It is a great deer gun and my favorite to hunt with.

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

Wow, because of the large scope and shortened barrel, it's a cool (abit different) hunting rifle. Pretty agile I bet.

Guest Pvt.Joker

Well, I don't know if you would count a gun in my shop's inventory as "mine", but I suppose it is until someone else buys it. ;) I picked up this Marlin 1894 in .44mag a couple of weeks ago at a show in Nashville. The backside of the receiver has a little flecking, but the rest of the gun is sound and the bore looks good. I was thinking about keeping it but someone bought the .44mag Super Blackhawk I had last week so I guess this one is probably going to be sold. Still, it does just beg to take it out and shoot it a little first!!! ;)

058.jpg

059-1.jpg

1st gun is 1895 in 30-06 made 1917(can't remember exactly what year but i know i will be close-i have them written down somewhere)

2nd gun is 1894 made in 1895 in 38-55 4 or 5 digit serial number

3rd gun 1892 src in 25-20 made in 1904 and is a great shooter

4th gun 1892 button mag in 38-40 also great shooter made around 1919-this is a button mag and was a special order feature.

5th gun is a 94 in 3030 made in 1959 and is in mint condition only fired a couple times by an older gentleman.

6th gun is an 1873 made in 1889 in 32-20. gun has a full oct barrel and is a great shooter as well.

7th gun is a 94ae trapper in 357 mag made in 1980s sometime.

8th gun is a colt bisley in 38-40 made in 1906. nice old piece of history!

i have since got an 1895 in 405wcf(made in 2010) and is a hoss! i also traded the 94ae trapper in 357 for something else. my friend has another 94ae trapper in 3030 i am going to get off of him after hunting season ends. my first lever gun was a winchester 94 flat band made in 1949, i traded it a couple years ago and just acquired it back from my friend a couple months ago, i will never let her go again! you have to love an old lever gun, they are pieces of history

Any but #5. The only reason I say that is because I have it's twin brother. I love em all....I just can't find any I can afford.

4,3,1,6,2,7 would be the order of interest, with #4 being the most interesting to me.

Edited by gregintenn
  • 3 weeks later...