What is your favorite restaurant

Guest Randy

Steak - Cherokee Boat Dock on Old Hickory Lake. Steak for 4 and always have breakfast the next morning. Try there Onion rings !!!

Omin Hut in Smyrna for the BEST Polynesian food.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the same Martins that was in Franklin? If so, they have an awesome hot BBQ sauce and stuffed baked potatoes. The one in Franklin was sold, and it went down hill from there. Before, we used to drive the 1.75 hour round trip to get their sauce.

Not sure. They have been in Nolensville for years. They just moved into a new building about 3-4 months ago. They do have a great hot sauce.

Guest 6.8 AR

Well, if you asked my wife which restaurant I prefer, she would say

Carraba's, because if we go out, I start thinking about riesling and

calamari. They never have let me down.

That downtown brewery/restaurant(don't remember name) in Knoxville is a

keeper, too.

Guest Swamprunner
:) Went to Calhoun's a few weeks ago with the war department. Had the best prime rib I ever had. And I'm an old fart, so I've had some prime rib to make comparisons to. It really did melt in my mouth. Crap, my tongue is slappin' my brains out jest thinkin' about it.

Since we have expanded to catagories I had to answer again

Pizza: Smokey Mountain Brewery ( in G-Burg) Phillie Cheese Steak Pizza is outta this world

Chinese: Mandarin House, it is cheap, not great but you can pack it away for one price.

Deli: Have not found one I am crazy about in Knox, so i will vote for Publix. In South Fla they make the best sub sammiches ever.

BBQ: BBQ sucks and I will not pay to eat it.

Mexican: No Way Jose's ( in G Burg)

Chain Resturant: Skyline

Fast Food: Meh, but since I have to pick I will go with Long Dong Silvers, love the Fish Taco's

Guest jackdm3
Since we have expanded to catagories I had to answer again

Pizza: Smokey Mountain Brewery ( in G-Burg) Phillie Cheese Steak Pizza is outta this world

Chinese: Mandarin House, it is cheap, not great but you can pack it away for one price.

Deli: Have not found one I am crazy about in Knox, so i will vote for Publix. In South Fla they make the best sub sammiches ever.

BBQ: BBQ sucks and I will not pay to eat it.

Mexican: No Way Jose's ( in G Burg)

Chain Resturant: Skyline

Fast Food: Meh, but since I have to pick I will go with Long Dong Silvers, love the Fish Taco's

You don't like BBQ pork? Or is it the sauce? BBQ beef ain't bad.

not a big fan of any food that is saucy. I can take or leave BBQ the likes of shredded pork or beef soaked in sauce.

BBQ is not saucy. It's slow-cooked meat. Sauce is optional, unless you're cafeteria-style "BBQ".

It's not easy to have a favorite BBQ place in Knoxville. The pickings are slim.

Edited by Garufa
BBQ is not saucy. It's slow-cooked meat. Sauce is optional, unless you're cafeteria-style "BBQ".

It's not easy to have a favorite BBQ place in Knoxville. The pickings are slim.

I dunno G, maybe it is because of slim pickings here ( not to be confused with Slim Pickens) shredded meat just does not do it for me.

Barbecue sauce is fine, love it on my chicken ( which you have tasted) like it on ribs, but on shredded meat, not so much.

it is probably on account of the foods one is raised on. My palate is not TN, and thats for sure.

Food, my favorite topic...

BBQ: Famous Dave's (beans and brisket are the best I've had)

Steak: Hickory Falls (an independent in Smyrna, TN)

Wings: Slick Pig in Murfreesboro (slow smoked dry wings - add your own sauce)

Mexican: Taco Bell, just kidding, La Siesta (love me some Plato la Siesta, a sampler platter that few can finish in one sitting for $10)

Pizza: eh, they all kinda suck around here, I make my own

Sushi: Sakura in Murfreesboro or Tokyo in Smyrna (both are darn good)

Mexican: Camino Real in Tullahoma

Roast Beef: Sir Beefs in Evansville, IN

Pizza: Mr. Gattis even though its prob been 18 years since I have had it and none are around here

Burgers/Fries: Red Robin

Chicken Sandwich: Wendys

Seafood: Shells in Miami, FL

Subs: Miami Subs in Miami, FL

Chicken Fingers: Chilis

Italian: Carrabas

Chinese: Chef Lins

Japanese: Benihana

forgot this catagory.

Steak. Howards on the strip in Gatlinburg. I love that place for a sit down steak dinner. Last two times we have ate there we had the steak for two. Which is a Filet Mignon and a T Bone Steak. Ooof, about too much food for two to eat. Howard's is a simple place, been there since the 60's and we eat there whenever we spend at least two nights in town. I dunno how there is a place that has better meat than that place.

Memphis Locales, regardless of posting condition:

Ribs - Rendezvous. You will find better ribs in the city, but not better atmosphere.

Mex - Molly's LaCasita (posting Nazi's unfortunately)

Mex-American - Chillis

Burgers - Huey's (posting up for debate at various locations)

Pizza - Exlines and Fox Ridge (tie)

Italian - Carraba's

Deli - Lenny's

Chinesse - Mulan (G'town)

Steaks - Ye Olde Steak House on Chapman Highway

Hamburgers/Desserts - Litton's off Broadsay

Italian - Altruda's on N. Peter's

Mexican - Abuelo's in Turkey Creek

Chinese - Mandarin House on Merchant's Drive

Bar-b-que - Dead End Barbique on Sutherland Ave

Seafood - Nick's Seafood Pavillion, Yorktown, VA

Fast Food - Buddy's Bar-B-Que

Pizza - Pizza Inn on Clinton Highway

Deli - Pimento's in Turkey Creek

Chicken Fingers - Parkside Grill or Lakeside Tavern (on Ft. Loudon)

Salads - Rafferty's on Kingston Pike

All-Around Good Sit-Down Restaurant - Aubrey's on Middlebrook Pike or Flatwater Grill in Oak Ridge

Guest mahahn

I am not so much for that saucy bbq shredded meat thing either. Remember stopping at a Sonny's some years ago and they really looked at me funny when I got the smoked turkey with no sauce. Was good and smokey tasting though. Have to agree with Mike on Howard's. Great food, decent service and sittin out back on the patio with the creek running nearby, dining with my favorite family members, doesn't get any better than that!

Macaroni Grill - by Wolfchase That is the favorite of the wife so by default it's mine too :doh:

As far as BBQ? I don't go out for it any more, not since I started making my own. Nothing compares to making your own ribs (5hrs on the grill) or pulled pork (12+ hrs). The first time I make pulled pork, I got up at 4:30 am to start the grill, the wife thought I was NUTS. At dinner time she changed her tune and said I could get up early to make pulled port ANYTIME I wanted - and she often asks for me to make it. The last 3 years for Mothers Day she has requested my BBQ ribs.

Guest KimberChick
Indian: India Palace and their sister location on Germantown Rd., Bombay House.

Middle Eastern: The Castle on Park and Getwell.

I love indian food. Mayuri at Quince and Kirby is my current favorite in Memphis. The best I've had so far though was from The Oven in Lincoln, Nebraska. I need to go to The Castle. I've been eating at Sean's Mediterranean Cafe on Union and it's pretty good.

Pei Wei is my favorite "fast food" type place right now, Chicken Pad Thai is decent and there's so much of it that I can order it for lunch and have leftovers for two days after.

Little Italy on Union is good but it's basically a Milano's as they serve Roma italian stuff too.

Fino's at Madison and McLean makes great sandwiches.

Edo and/or Ryu on Summer for Japanese. Edo is probably the closest thing we have here to a true family-style Japanese restaurant. When I see Japanese folks tossing back beers after work in there I know they are doing something right.

I love Mexican food but the most popular places in Memphis are truly lame. The Midtowners ruined La Guadalupana, lol. El Palmar or Caminos de Michocan are both awesome and within bike/walking distance to my house. They are real mexican...none of this lettuce on tacos nonsense. :doh:

Halfpint took me to SidePorch in Bartlett. it's like crack...if crack was a steak. :P

Edited by KimberChick