New Bill introduced proposing CCW in establishment serving liquor

That is a HUGE IFconsidering the Jimmy Naifeh will keep it out of a vote if he has to have a heart attack the day it comes to the floor.

From your keyboard to the ears of God.:)

how old is Jimmy Naifeh :D

http://www.legislature.state.tn.us/House/Members/h81.htm

Biographical Information

• Born June 16, 1939, Tipton County, Tennessee
  • Married to Betty Taylor Naifeh
  • Three children, three grandchildren
  • Member of St. Matthews Episcopal Church, Covington
  • Businessman
  • Graduate of Byars Hall High School, Covington
  • Graduate of the University of Tennessee at Knoxville
  • Served in the U.S. Army Infantry; Honorable Discharge; 1st Lieutenant

Public Office

• House member of the 89th through 105th General Assemblies
  • Speaker of the House of the 97th through 105th General Assemblies
  • Member, House Calendar and Rules Committee
  • Majority Leader of the 94th through 96th General Assemblies
  • Majority Floor Leader of the 90th through 93rd General Assemblies

Community Involvement

• Covington-Tipton County Chamber of Commerce, Former President and Member of the Board of Directors
  • Member Covington/ Tipton County Chamber of Commerce
  • Member South Tipton Chamber of Commerce
  • Board of Directors, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
  • Tennessee Wholesale Grocers Association, Board of Directors
  • Covington Rotary Club, Past President
  • Tipton County University of Tennessee Alumni Association, Past President
  • ALSAC-St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Board of Governors and Directors
  • American Legion Post #67

Guest Jason F.

My father in law is a year older and still tends 50-60 head of cattle and 100 acres by day while still making the time to hold court a few times a month and win a few court cases. It is a trip to see him drive down to the barn in his caddy and hop on the tractor to feed the herd.

I am afraid age has little to do with it. If he is in good health he could trouble us for 5 to 10 more years easy.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

I am starting to think that this will turn out just like the previous ones have. It will grow roots in the House sub-committee and just sit there until this congressional session passes. Then it will have to start all over again next year. I sure hope not, but that appears to be Jim Naifeh's intention.

Guest Boomhower

Should we continue to email our reps. so that it stays fresh on their minds?....Even though I never received a response from my first round of emails....I just don't want to become a nuisance, but maybe that's what it will take.

ummmm.....huh???????????????????????????

In reference to this:

Married to Betty Taylor Naifeh

Not sure where, but some where along the blood line.

And Boomhower - Yes, you should keep emailing them. Often enough to be a pest. They may eventually put you on an ignore list, but as long as they know it is important to their constituents back home they will have to do something. Even if we don't like their answer.

Guest canynracer
In reference to this:

Married to Betty Taylor Naifeh

Not sure where, but some where along the blood line.

I got that....but YOUR blood line??? you are related?

Guest jackdog

Well in a word yes. :mad: Legislators that are on the fence could very well take a pass on the issue. :eek: As far a state agency not doing it's job, can't say that I'm surprised. Will any of those people in the commission lose their jobs, well I doubt it. Safety commissioner Dave Mitchell should be out on his butt. Political hacks rarely if ever get sacked.:stunned:

Edited by jackdog