What do I need to know about M11's?

I have decided I need to add a full auto to the collection. The M11 9mm looks like my best choice. A register lower or MP5 are out of the budget. Plus the Lage additions will make it do what I want.

I know from my research that a Sten mag conversion is on the list but is there anything else I need to be looking for or staying away from?

Any manufacturers that are better than the others? Anything else I need to know, other than get on the .22 Lage waiting list?

Thanks in advance,

Verne

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care for the M10-9's. Which are Mac 10 sized but chambered in 9mm. I would stick with a SWD M11/9. Other than that there isn't much else to know. There are all kind of different uppers you can put on them. You can get slow fire kits and or a Macjack which increases the RPM to around 1800 which is pretty cool to play with. Also check out the subguns.com classified ads, there is usually 4-5 M11's on there. Here is a good first time Mac buyers checklist. http://www.mac-11.net/buyers.htm

Edited by Jasongar8

Jasongar8: Thanks for that link a lot of good info on there. Didn't know anyone made a faster speed upper for them. For now the stock upper will be enough for me then a Max-11 if I don't find one already with it when I buy.

Smith: Wondering how long before Magic pops in here. He knows I'm looking so I figure he will have some input for me. Now if I could just make it to Knoxville to check his out in person.

Don't bother with the STEn mag conversion. The math just doesn't support the expense. Back when the only mags for the M11/9 were the Zytel ones, it was a good idea. Now that the good steel ones are out there from Recon Ordnance and other sources, I'd go with those.

The STEn conversion used to be about $250. Add in a dozen STEn mags at $10 each and you have $370 invested. If you just bought 12 of the steel M11 mags for $240, you would save $120 and not have to be without the gun for however long it took to do the conversion.

Besides, that's $120 you can put towards the Lage Max-11!

Guest drv2fst

I'm about an hour south of you in Murfreesboro. I have both the Mac11/9mm with Lage and the Mac10/.45 with Lage. Come check them out some time if you wish. Bring ammo.

I like them both. The 11 platform seems best for 9mm. The 10 platform seems best for .45. The extra weight of the 10 helps manage the recoil of the .45. Lage is definitely the way to go.

I agree with 1gewehr. Don't bother with the Sten mag conversion. It is not as important as it used to be.

Verne, come over anytime and we can go shoot (im off on sundays and wednesdays). I definitely like mine...its a lot of fun...the recon mags are good...big advantage of the sten conversion is the higher capacity mags...with factory your limited to 25rds (which even at 600rpm goes quick). I like mine a lot but could be persuaded to sell ;-D

I have a M11 and the Lage SF upper. I have the Lage 22 conversion also. I had a registered receiver and sold it two years ago because I enjoyed shooting the M11 so much. If you have a chance to get a suomni drum mag conversion and the Lage slow fire uper it is pure heaven. 72 rd mag dumps are no problem and they all on target with the lage! The 22 kit is great but nothing beats full power 9mm. I use the 22 kit where there is a large crowd that wants to shoot:)

so is the mac11-9 the best entry level full auto? i am interested in getting a full auto just so i can cay i have 1. if not wut is? if op feels i am jackin thread tell me i will post new one.