How much ammo do you carry for EDC?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I work 3rd shift and it's really dark. It comes in handy in many other situations as well.

I understand. That is why I like this site. I learn a lot from people who live very different lives from me. The only time I need a flashlight is when we go camping.

Why would you carry a flashlight?

I don't work nights but i still find having a small LED flashlight on my key chain to be very useful. For example, was at the beach last week and the power went out in the condo, shortly after, the generator failed and there were ZERO lights in the stairwell. Made the trip up to the 16th floor MUCH easier and safer...

I like the flashlight thing. I need to look into a small one for my belt. I bet I would use it every day at work. And I work inside most of the time during the day. A small maglight might be perfect.

Mike..if I may...

Walmart. Coleman LED 90 lumens. $18.88

Its small, fits in pocket or can hang from belt. Perfect for on your belt if you can find a case. It out shines regular size Maglites.

For the price...its unbeatable.

I live in an area that is pitch black at night. We drove about 2 miles down our road the other night with the headlights off and just the Coleman out the window lol Dangerous? Yes...but I now know I can depend on this light to light up whatever I might ever need.

I like the flashlight thing. I need to look into a small one for my belt. I bet I would use it every day at work. And I work inside most of the time during the day. A small maglight might be perfect.

Mike, this is what I use - it's incredibly well built, efficient, and very bright:

Fenix's homepages

Guest tnfireman

+1 for the Coleman LED

I carry 13+1 in my XD, 26 weak side in a double mag pouch

If I have my shotty in the truck 9 rounds in it + a full box in the console, If I have the AR two 30 round mags and 100 rounds boxed in the console. I always keep one or the other in the truck.

I'm still deciding on a BUG.

I don't work nights but i still find having a small LED flashlight on my key chain to be very useful. For example, was at the beach last week and the power went out in the condo, shortly after, the generator failed and there were ZERO lights in the stairwell. Made the trip up to the 16th floor MUCH easier and safer...

A very good example. I might look into getting a very small one.

that would work with the clip on it. I don't want one on my keys. I really think I would use it daily.

Seriously - highly recommended. Made of aircraft aluminum (assuming that's good) - I beat the heck out of it and it works brilliantly (HAR!)...

Guest trumpettgriffin

5 in the revolver + 5 in a speedloader or speedstrip (depending on dress)

Also carry a small LED flashlight (sometimes on my belt but usually in my briefcase or jacket pocket)

Guest 270win

I have five rounds in my smith and wesson 642. The only time I carry a speed strip is when I travel on the open highway. I think five rounds should be more than enough when in town to keep me safe.

I have a nice 3 D cell mag lite under the passenger seat that I can get to quick from the driver side. It is long enough to put under your arm when needing to use both hands look under the hood. Those mag lites are hard to tear up. I usually take my Surefire E2D when I travel because it is brighter than the mag lite and easy to carry in a briefcase.

Edited by 270win