• SP101 .357 magnum
    • RIA 1911 A1 .45 auto
    • Hi Point C9 duh 9mm
    • Beretta .32 ACP

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the voting is strong in favor of the Ruger. And thats probably what I will end up carrying, I have a speed loader for it but it is not all that speedy to use really. if I feel a need for more rounds the .32 is a decent back up piece. to go along with it.

I like the RIA a lot. I had been hoping to run some hollow points through it this weekend but deer hunting at Norris put that on hold.

And I am a big fan of that slow moving slug.

It's a dilemna alright.

Prolly good to go with either.

Guest yzfMrLee

Either is prolly a good choice. Cool thing is you don't have to pick just one. One may be better suited for certain situations than the other. Choices are always good.

I carry a SP101 with 2.25", got a little paranoid and switched to my P95, but I'm back with the SP with a speed loader of two in my front pocket.

It is solid, steady and 100% reliable with the flexibility of finding the "perfect" round for you out of all the .38spl / .38+p / .357 ammo out there.

I think it conceals well and mine is "bigger" with a Trausch grip in a High Noon Hidden Ally IWB (untucked shirt)

Carry the RIA when you may be in higher risk areas and think you may need a few more in the gun and faster re-load with a mag.

the voting is strong in favor of the Ruger. And thats probably what I will end up carrying, I have a speed loader for it but it is not all that speedy to use really. if I feel a need for more rounds the .32 is a decent back up piece. to go along with it.

I think you have the perfect solution, right there. Carry the Ruger as primary with a reload wrapped in another gun (the Beretta.) Slipping a speed strip in the watch pocket of jeans or a small, nylon knife pouch - or even carrying a speedloader - for the SP101 wouldn't be all that difficult, just in case.

Carry the RIA when you may be in higher risk areas and think you may need a few more in the gun and faster re-load with a mag.

I don't go into what I consider "high risk" areas, but if I did, I'd carry both.

I always figure if I need a gun to go somewhere then I am not going. But if I had to go somewhere like a mall I would carry the RIA and the Ruger.

Yesterday and today I am just carrying the SP101 with a speed loader.