Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge Dining

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEARMAN

Mama's farmhouse restaurant, in Pigeon Forge is also owned by the Alamo people...so it will most likely have the same gunbuster sticker near the door as the Alamo has in Gatlinburg.fwiw.

Thanks, guys. Didn't plan to go to Ober Gatlinburg anyway, and now I won't fo' sho'!

And there are plenty of other places there that will be happy to take my money, I'm guessing, so I will avoid Mama's and The Alamo.

EDIT: Just sent Alamo and Mama's emails stating my intentions to spend my money with their competitors.

Edited by DaddyO

Here ye, here ye

Most of the food in PF and Gatlinburg is CRAPPY. I mean, the definition of CRAPPY.

Spend your money and take your chances but, chances are, you will get ripped off.

Best thing you can do is go to Knoxville for something good or, prepare a meal in your kitchen of your room!

Beware the Linebergers Seafood on the main drag of Gat.

Absolutely the worst food I have ever been conned into paying for.

Actually that is good to know, I did want to try the Smoky Mountain Brewery sometime. I will probably be back in Gburg in early Nov, around the 6th since the Distillery tour is off.

They could post that place and I would not care anyway. If I go there I drink their beer.

Guest jbarbrey

If you like Italian there is a great little one at red light # 9 called Best Italian. They are in a little shopping center in the back. Very good IMHO. Go there at least once every time I go. I think that you can carry in there also. But I am not sure.

I went to the Brewery in Turkey Creek a couple of weeks ago. I think it's owned by the Chase group that owns Copper Celler and Calhouns and I thought the company policy was to post. I couldn't find the posting. Assuming the Turkey Creek brewery and Gatlinburg brewery are co-owned then Gatlinburg may not be posted. I could well be incorrect about ownership also.

But what about your DD (designated driver) that becomes your designated Carrier?

Just saying. I have to pull the Devil's Advocate card.

I am not sure who my designated carrier might be?? Everyone I hang out with or may go somehwere with does not carry a gun. I refuse to live my life with a gun as the single focus. Often when down there we are staying in town and walk the strip, so no one has to be a DD anyway.

I went to the Brewery in Turkey Creek a couple of weeks ago. I think it's owned by the Chase group that owns Copper Celler and Calhouns and I thought the company policy was to post. I couldn't find the posting. Assuming the Turkey Creek brewery and Gatlinburg brewery are co-owned then Gatlinburg may not be posted. I could well be incorrect about ownership also.

Copper Cellar, Smoky Mtn Brewery, Cherokee Grill and Calhouns are all intertwined. The same guy is the honcho of the whole deal. The first time around on the guns in bars thing Chase verbally came out against the new law. But as far as I am aware none of the restaurants under their umbrella are posted or ever were.

I went to the Brewery in Turkey Creek a couple of weeks ago. I think it's owned by the Chase group that owns Copper Celler and Calhouns and I thought the company policy was to post. I couldn't find the posting. ...

Copper Cellar on The Strip is not posted, even though Chase was pretty vocal about all that during the legislative session.

- OS

Howard's on the main drag in Gburg is real good. Smoky Mountain Brewery in PF or Gburg is good as well.

I don't think they are posted.

HOwards ROCKS!!!! My wife and I go there every wedding anniversary . I dont know if they have a no gun thing but its still good eating !!!!

HOwards ROCKS!!!! My wife and I go there every wedding anniversary . I dont know if they have a no gun thing but its still good eating !!!!

We're in G'burg right now and we went to Howards last night and it was a big miss. The kid's meals were good according to them.

• 7 months later...
Guest gtmatt
Mama's farmhouse restaurant, in Pigeon Forge is also owned by the Alamo people...so it will most likely have the same gunbuster sticker near the door as the Alamo has in Gatlinburg.fwiw.

It does not (and is not posted otherwise). Went there last weekend and looked out for it but saw nothing. Turned around and left after finding out it was an expensive all you can eat place.