Guns and Ammo Depot (in Bellevue)

bubbadavis

Guest Bronker
I wrote message 96 in this thread.Thank you, trekbike, tn medic and dlm37015, for your replies.

These are the results of your replies:

I checked out the range named after Charlie Haffner and also the range operated by davidson county sportsmens club. They're both too far away. For the time being, I'll try out the Cheatham County range, open at noon every day. Maybe I'll be able to do my shooting there, just to stay in practice. I used Google Earth to determine exactly where the Cheatham County range actually is, and it seems to be about 10 miles **closer** than the Montgomery County Shooting Complex, so that is a plus.

Thank you for helping me out.

Regarding Cheatham, I've never been there when there was a RSO present. :D

I've found that the earlier in the day you can go, the better off you are. By about 3:30 - 4:00 on, the yahoos are getting out of school / work, and it gets a little out of hand. This has been my experience.

let me know when you go i come up there too i dont live too far away

OK I'll do that. I think that the soonest possible would be next week. Tuesday 9/13 or Thursday 9/15. I would follow the advice that BRONKER gave, and arrive as soon as possible (after they open at noon) and get out of there before the "yahoos" arrive.

If I can make a commitment to go (weather, last-minute appointments) I will let you know ASAP. If you want to, you can email me with your phone number and I'll give you a call when I go. I've never been to the place before. I would leave Dickson, go through White Bluff, north on H47 to H250, then northeast to the entrance to the 'park' and to the range.

Regarding Cheatham, I've never been there when there was a RSO present. B)

... By about 3:30 - 4:00 on, the yahoos are getting out of school / work, and it gets a little out of hand. This has been my experience.

Thank you for your warning. It seems very strange to me that two ranges (Cheatham County Range and Montgomery County Shooting Complex), both of them TWRA, could be so **different** regarding their RSOs.

Edited by perstare
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: Sorry I have not been on here to let you guys know whats up. As for the range we were planning on river rd. We had a falling out with the property owner that we were aquiring the range from and the deal fell through. We are still pushing on and tring to find another location for our handgun classes and possibly open to the public but have not finallized anything yet. As soon as we get a lock on something I will post here with the details.

In an earlier post someone mentioned "Rusty" (a.k.a ME) as being the store owner. I am not the owner, Glen and Rhonda King are the owners.

As for the inventory flux post... you hit it on the head we can have a good selection going and in a couple of good days and we're cleaned out. We try to keep more than one of the more popular models in stock, but it's not always the case. We do how ever reorder the most popular ones (i.e. Glock, Springfiled, ect.) as soon as they sell, but it takes at least to days to deliver.

As our saying goes "If we don't have it, we will get it!"

p.s. new web site www.gunsandammodepotllc.com

Edited by GAD601
adding new information
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Jollydogg

I hate to bring a negative review of a store after I've seen the manager try to make amends with previous customers due to bad customer service and high prices, but I feel it's important if stuff doesn't seem like it's changing.

I'm just providing a matter-of-fact review about this place. I called today about Trijicon night sights on a Glock 19, and was quoted a price of $139. (Was told that "Yes, we don't charge installation. It comes with it"). This was with the new manager, Rusty. On the drive to the store, I called around to different stores and got quotes on the same model trijicon sights, all being anywhere from $90-100, and those that could provided installation with it. (No charge). I got to the store, and pulled up the website on my phone. Trijicon sights from the manufacturer are $105.

I got to the store, was greeted immediately, everyone seems nice. I talk to one of the guys and get confirmation that yes, trijicon sights at this store are $139. (Which is probably why they are the only one in my area with them in stock.) I tell him that Trijicon itself sells the sights for $105, and ask him why they mark it up nearly 30%. Well, he looks it up on the computer and his phone, and when Rusty walks over he says "Hey, come check this out", as if the pricing isn't what it should be. Well, when Rusty sees it, he says to that sales associate "Well, I mean that includes the price for installation, so yeah" and then walks off while looking at the ground, as if that is that.

At this point, I could have made a point I could have a friend install them for me, but I didn't feel like it at that point. I don't mind spending a little extra, but at ~30% markup? With a manager who just walks off like that? I mean, I'm not being mean, but it just really struck me the wrong way.

I can't see myself going back to this establishment, and it's a shame because it's about 5 minutes from where I live. I guess some of these earlier reviews of this store still hold some truth.

Guest GotGlocks

I have been to Guns And Ammo Depot in Bellevue many times and bought several guns. I have ALWAYS been treated nice and found that the prices are not always etched in stone.So i suppose my responce is to JOLLYDOGG, until i start paying the lease,lights,taxes,insurance,water and salaries , i'm not going to tell the world on Tn Gunn Owners forum how the gun shop should do the pricing.I have found if i don't like peoples prices (on a car, etc ) i just don't go back but i don't find a need to tell the world.i have heard bad things about other shops that you are bragging about on here (no names ).I have talked to others, like myself that think Guns And Ammo are GREAT FOLKS.May i suggest , if you got a problem, please don't dis them on here,ITS BEEN A LONG TIME COMING FOR A GOOD GUN STORE TO BE IN BELLEVUE...........silence can be golden.

Edited by GotGlocks
editeding a word