Guns and Ammo Depot (in Bellevue)

bubbadavis

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Subway last night and as I backed out I saw their sign, so I Googled them and found this thread. Then out of curiousity, I went by this afternoon and they have actually been open a few days. I walked away with a Galco Jackass rig for my SP-101 at an insane price.... Check them out.

• 2 months later...
I stopped in today and probably won't be back. If I want to be ignored and then pay that kind of money, I'll go to Franklin.

This. And to answer another poster's question, the prices are insanely high. Most of the Glocks in their case have price tags from $600-$680, with a few dipping down to the $580. No need to go there with Nashville Sporting Arms so close by on Charlotte.

Out of curiosity, I checked Glock retail prices after visiting the store. Looks like they're charging full retail (at the least) for everything in their display. I agree that stock is limited and I saw very little variety. I realize it's a new start-up, but they're not going to last long at this rate. Every time I drive by I see fewer and fewer cars in the lot. Seems like they've missed their market.

• 1 month later...
Guest GAD601

Hello all. I am the manager for Guns And Ammo Depot. I have just recently been told about this forum. I found this thread right away and would like to answer for some of the posts here.

Any relation to the Guns & Ammo in Memphis?

No we are not connected with this shop.

I stopped in today and probably won't be back. If I want to be ignored and then pay that kind of money, I'll go to Franklin.

Monkeylizard, I am very sorry that you had a bad experience in our shop. I took over as manager in December and we have gone through some major staffing changes. We put customer service at the top of my list and would like for you to give the shop another chance to see if we can make up for past mistakes.

the prices are insanely high.

as for this post, One of the first things I addressed was to make the prices more competitive. As for the inventory concerns... As it has been said we are a new shop. We have 3 different ditributors that we order through and the problem we have been running into is that the more popular items to keep on the shelf are out of stock. Only recently has availability started to improve.

So if anyone here has had a bad experience please contact us at gunsandammodepot@hotmail.com or call 615-942-7007 and we will do what we can to make it up to you.

Thank you.

RG, Manger, GAD

Hello all. I am the manager for Guns And Ammo Depot. I have just recently been told about this forum. I found this thread right away and would like to answer for some of the posts here.

Originally Posted by monkeylizard viewpost-right.png I stopped in today and probably won't be back. If I want to be ignored and then pay that kind of money, I'll go to Franklin.

Monkeylizard, I am very sorry that you had a bad experience in our shop. I took over as manager in December and we have gone through some major staffing changes. We put customer service at the top of my list and would like for you to give the shop another chance to see if we can make up for past mistakes.

Thank you.

RG, Manger, GAD

Hope this is the case, because once I saw the original post I said "Why bother"

Guest Broomhead

I went by there last week, Wednesday IIRC. It was around 12 or 1pm. I walked in and saw a gentleman behind the counter doing some basic gunsmithing, not sure what he was working on, or what he was doing to it. I asked, "How's it going?" He looked at me, made eye contact, and went right back to work without a word. I looked around at everything, starting clockwise from the door. They have a lot of holsters, though none for any of my guns. They have a few high-end-ish knives. One or two that I'd like to have, and might be willing to buy from them if their price was close to the online price plus shipping. I haven't shopped for any of them online yet though. Looked at the ammo and decided to look elsewhere due to the limited choices and the price. Checked out the rifles and saw a few nice ones, but none that I could ever afford. They have a "Stainless" Ruger 10/22 in a pink laminate stock that my 7 year-old daughter would love, but again, nowhere near what I could afford. To be fair, though, NSA's prices are sort of high on 10/22s as well. Looked through the glass cases and saw some nice pistols, though the shelves were a tad barren. Got around to where the "gunsmith" was working. Even when I tried to look through the glass case that he was using as a work bench, he never looked up from his work.

About that time another guy came in and, in an even louder tone of voice than I had, asked, "Hey, how's it going? I just happened to drive by and saw your store for the first time. Thought I'd check you out. How long have you been open?" I don't remember his exact words, but they were to the same effect. The "gunsmith" said, "About five months," then went back to work without hesitation. The guy then started to loudly fawn over what I think was tricked out Ruger M77. He was totally ignored by the "gunsmith" the whole time. Just then, another guy walked in the door and said, "Hi," to the "gunsmith," who didn't even make eye contact with the guy. He just nodded his head without even a pause in his work. The guy admiring the Ruger M77 asked what the price was on the rifle. I don't remember what the "gunsmith" said exactly, but I do know that it wasn't even a complete sentence, just a number. The guy whistled in response with a very surprised look on his face, which I can only assume was due to a high price. The "gunsmith" didn't even skip a beat going back to his work.

That was when I decided it was time to leave. There are too many other gun stores that would welcome me to their store, not treat me like a nuisance and wasting their time, and would do just about everything they could to earn my money and future, return business. I can completely understand needing to get work done, especially if the work is for a customer. However, how hard is it to respond to greetings and questions while working? How difficult would it have been to talk to a customer that is asking about a product, even describing the reasons behind the price, while continuing his work? Had he stopped his work to talk to the customer about the rifle, and show him all the features and customizations while trying to sell it to him, wouldn't you think the few minutes of lost time would've been worth it whether the customer bought the rifle or not? It probably would've taken too much time and effort for the "gunsmith" to offer to show me any guns I might have been interested in, or had questions about. I had been in this particular store once before. Then, even though they were a little busy, one of the employees at least greeted me. Nothing more than that, but it was head and shoulders above my latest visit. I live much closer to NSA, where the owners remember me, ask me how my girls are doing, and ask me how I'm doing with my Gastric Bypass and the resulting weight loss. So, I doubt I will go back to Guns and Ammo Depot an time soon.

Guest GAD601

Monkeylizard, all I ask is that you come by Fri, Mon, Tues, or Wed, and let ME make up for this. i will PM you Mine and the Owners name to ask for.

Guest motonut
Monkeylizard, all I ask is that you come by Fri, Mon, Tues, or Wed, and let ME make up for this. i will PM you Mine and the Owners name to ask for.
Why? I've never understood the need or rationele to do something like this. Either the store is a place you want to visit/do business with or it's not. If you have to see/know the owner or the manager to get basic customer service I wouldn't waste my time with it.

Just my .02

Why? I've never understood the need or rationele to do something like this. Either the store is a place you want to visit/do business with or it's not. If you have to see/know the owner or the manager to get basic customer service I wouldn't waste my time with it.

Just my .02

I agree, but he sounds like he wants to make amends for the prior visit. Its a place to start. :screwy: