Guns and Ammo Depot (in Bellevue)

bubbadavis

• 1 month later...

I dropped by today since I was in the area. I got greeted the moment I walked in the door. While they didn't have the accessory I was looking for they did offer to order it for me.

Not a bad selection for the size of store, and the prices seemed about on par.

And they also have a very friendly shop-dog, that's always a plus. :D

Guest GAD601
And they also have a very friendly shop-dog, that's always a plus. :)

That Would be Shadow. He greets everyone with a wag of the tail and a ball for you to throw for him.

Shadow.jpg

I stopped by on Monday and didn't see Shadow so I don't know if it was his day off or if he called in sick. :rolleyes:

I was looking for a Ruger SR1911 and while they didn't have any on hand, Michael (if I remember correctly) checked on the computer with the distributors and they were out as well. He printed out a sheet with the info on the gun and a written quote. He was very helpful.

Stopped in again today. The guys working the counter were super friendly. Prices were lower than the last time I was in - more in line with what I expect to pay retail. They did give me quite a good price on a used SW M&P.

• 4 weeks later...

I stopped in today and had some nightsites put on my glock 26 which I bought there a few weeks ago. I have always had a pretty good experience when I stopped by. I like to stop in once a month and look around. The guys always let me try out the toys. Unfortunately I saw a knife by the door that I had to buy before I could het out the store. Keep up the good work and I will keep stopping in. I am waiting on that G 30 gen 4.

• 2 months later...
Guest tnalways4me

Went in there yesterday and assisted my friend in picking out a new handgun. The owner I think his name is Rusty is a funny character who's very friendly and helpful. They seem like a fun group of guys in there working and didn't have the elitist feel. They were crackin jokes and didn't take them selves so seriously and also had family in there just hanging out helping where they could. Decent prices. I will be back especially if they get that gun range here. They are much closer than G&L to my part of town

Good guess Trekbike, the location was down River Road. I don't know the specifics - my wife and I actually drove down RR a bit yesterday to see if we could spot the location.

It doesn't take too far down that way to get 'out of the city'. Most of the neighbors in any other direction would have serious problems with a range!

I harass them periodically about the range as I'm 30min any direction from one and they're less than 10min from me. Possibly end Sept/Oct I've heard. I'm headin in to buy yet more ammo in the next week or so and will ask again.

First I've seen this thread on a side note, been in quite a few times and I've never had any of them be rude or otherwise disrespectful in my opinion. I think they're coming up on a year open in Oct. I've probably been in 12-15 times. They've had a few staffing changes but seem to be steady on now. Inventory is light some weeks and heavier others... they've got 3000+ apartment livin people within 3mi radius in a semi affluent neighborhood plus they're .5 mi from i40 and they get wiped some weeks it seems. With that kinda prime location I wouldn't be surprised to see a little extra markup when there's plenty to pay it, just like Franklin. Hey college for kids aint cheap right.

They seem friendly enough to me but I'm not there for alot of chitchat I'm there to fondle guns and salivate. If I want it cheaper I know where I may be able to find it. But I don't buy ammo or anything else at Walmart because as hard as I work for my money I'd prefer to spend it where it's local or with someone I like. All that said.. I'm reeaallly low maintenance as a customer, so I can understand why some people with more specific needs and looking for bottom line at cost deals might not enjoy the shoppin experience.

NSA is well stocked if a little cramped.. last time I was there I couldn't even get to the cases for all the people just sittin on the benches like it was cracker barrel or an ol timey barber shop.. that's cool or whatever but it's too small a joint for that kinda idle breeze business.

Here’s a question regarding advice on a **handgun** firing range within a 40-minute drive from my home in Dickson:

I go to the Montgomery County Shooting Complex whenever I can, but that isn’t too often because their hours (open 10 am on Fri and Sat, 1 pm on Sun) don’t work for me too often.

The MCSC is a very well run outfit. I like the place. Nice people. Competent and friendly RSOs, too many to name. It’s too bad about their hours.

Anyway, I’m looking for a range where I might be able to practice on days other than weekend days. Several months ago, I learned of a range (“Whispering Pines,†I think) in Lyles. I checked it out. What a waste of time! What a dump! I finally got out of there before I got stuck in the rutted road leading to it. It was the **boondocks,** even by Hickman County standards!

So I checked some more: I’ve heard nothing but bad things about the Cheatham County range. Several people on TGO have commented about **dangerous** conditions there … poor RSO supervision, etc. One fellow here on TGO mentioned that he doesn’t go there because he preferred “not to have any holes in me.â€

Anyway, the Guns and Ammo store near exit 199 on I-40 is **rumored** to be setting up a range near the store. Nothing specific so far.

Who has some advice on this? All I want to do is stay in practice with my three Glocks (19, 23,27). I did some training and I have a carry permit. I don’t need a lot of handholding.

Thanks.

Who has some advice on this? All I want to do is stay in practice with my three Glocks (19, 23,27). I did some training and I have a carry permit. I don’t need a lot of handholding.

Thanks.

I'm doubtful that it's a 40 min drive from Dickson but a lot of us in the Nashville/Franklin area use

CHMR

The only change to the range times shown on the website is he is now closed on Thursdays. It's always closed the first full weekend of the month.

Guest tnmedic

The range at Cheatham Wildlife isn't bad, it is just dependent on if there are a lot of swat wannabe's there. Sometimes you get the old guys who shoot 1 wait 20 to cool down and shoot another 1. Times you get me there, that just wants to shoot my guns in peace, handgun and or rifles, and go home. The ones that scare me are the swat wannabes tho, thinking their semi autos are autos and shooting as much and as fast as they can at nothing.

I wrote message 96 in this thread.Thank you, trekbike, tn medic and dlm37015, for your replies.

These are the results of your replies:

I checked out the range named after Charlie Haffner and also the range operated by davidson county sportsmens club. They're both too far away. For the time being, I'll try out the Cheatham County range, open at noon every day. Maybe I'll be able to do my shooting there, just to stay in practice. I used Google Earth to determine exactly where the Cheatham County range actually is, and it seems to be about 10 miles **closer** than the Montgomery County Shooting Complex, so that is a plus.

Thank you for helping me out.