Guns and Ammo Depot (in Bellevue)

bubbadavis

While I have no dog in this hunt, I'm too far away to worry about it, I find it curious that every time a gun store receives a negative review on TGO a principal in the operation shows up here to defend their business. They sign up, get into arguments and then are never heard from again.

Interesting.

Here's something to think about...if you are the manager/owner of the store and you see these complaints about your "gunsmith" working alone on the counter at the store, first things first, move him. Secondly, if his personality is as hot as a potato, maybe you should have a salesman instead of your "gunsmith" help the customers.

Now, my first encounter, was with the guy that calls himself the owner. I don't know his name, but i know he carries a Kimber. He tried and tried to convince me that Kimber was the best but too pricey and that's why they had more Glocks and small frame arms. Now i do know that Kimber is a great gun, BUT giving an opinion won't sell to the average gun owner. That's like telling a Chevy guy that Ford is better. i mean what STI and Fusion? Dan Wesson? Most of those are in the similar price range. This guy from what i remember was the manager at the old shop where NSA is now, on Charlotte. Remember, you have to cater to all clientele, not just yourself and your friends. Glocks WILL sell, no doubt, and mostly on there own because of there reputation. So my advice to the owner/manager...you are in business to sell what you have in your store (and what you can order), so sell that and not what you want them to have. I know i will not go in there and support the store, not for a long time. And don't get me started on supplies.

GAD601, try to find some sales people who want to help customers make the right decision for them and sub out the gunsmithing. Bore sighting can be done at home, not on the front wall of your store.

I will stop in next time my wife is at Sam's shopping, sounds like just another gun shop to me though. Dickson Sportsman has helpful people in there, but I can't afford their prices and they seem annoyed when I ask for FFL transfers so it doesn't really matter...

Guest carter

wow thanks...I was going to stop buy when I visit my mother in Bellevue... sounds like maybe his employees are tired of people not buying anything... it's really hard to sell a $650 dollar glock when most people can buy them MUCH cheaper online or at another gun store... SOME employees get tired of not selling anything or seeing faces of customers when they see the price and stop trying all together... I'm one of the few out there that can get glocks for 399 (all the 9mm and .40's think anything above that is like 30 40 bucks more) they need to check around and find a good distributor and get a decent retail price for the customer so they can really start selling...sounds like they need an employee :D (part time) that can make a rational business decision and sell something...instead of having GREAT DEALS when the store is GOING OUT OF BUSINESS... does no good having a bunch of metal and leather collecting dust, that doesn’t pay the bills... CUSTOMER SERVICE and being kind talkative and fuzzy goes a LONG WAY... not sure if they are having monthly staff meeting either... that’s the only way for everyone to hear, know, and resolve what’s going on in that store...being the owner is not there every day sounds like he hasn't quite his day job yet...which is a good thing from the looks of where this gun shop is going... no offence but if the manager had no idea about TGO he probley has no idea about all the other stores online and around the area and there prices...

Edited by carter
no offence but if the manager had no idea about TGO he probley has no idea about all the other stores online and around the area and there prices...

This is what I meant when I said they missed their market. While I'm sure there are plenty of novices in the Bellevue area who would buy their one and only gun from shops such as GAD, a quick browse of the pictures posted by members here will show who in the population buys multiples. I would court the enthusiasts.

To GAD601: I don't want to unfairly judge your pricing if you've been making changes. Can you please tell us your everyday price on a standard Gen3 Glock 19 with standard fixed sights and 2 15rd magazines (white label)? Also, do you support the GSSF discount program (blue label, with 3 magazines)? Finally, what is your FFL transfer fee, and are there any parties from which you will not accept transfers? Thanks.

Guest GAD601
no offence but if the manager had no idea about TGO

If you are refering to this forum, your correct. I am new to TGO. I was refered to it by a friend of mine and it was by chance that I found this thread. When I started reading the posts I was happy to see that the word was getting out about the new shop, but when I got to the posts about pricing, bad experiences, ect. I was truley upset. Now I have been in the retail buiness for 15+ years and I know how hard it is to please everyone. The Owner was in the funeral home buiness for 20 years and has always prided himself on his customer service. Im not here to argu or start fights. I here to find out what customers are wanting and to increase my market knowledge. I feel the more I know the better my customer service can be and also to remain competitive. If anyone who reads this forum would like to call, PM, E-mail, or stop by and ask about anything mentioned here Myself or the owner would be glad to asnswer for any experiece mentioned here. As it has been stated we are a new shop that has only been open for 5 months and as any of you know this is a very competive market. We are growing and improving every day. All I ask is give us a chance.

Guest GAD601
Why? I've never understood the need or rationele to do something like this. Either the store is a place you want to visit/do business with or it's not. If you have to see/know the owner or the manager to get basic customer service I wouldn't waste my time with it.

Just my .02

missed this one on my first pass...

mot, the reason I made this statement is so I can find out what my guys are doing so I can correct this during the next meeting and make sure that it never happens again.

Guest carter
If you are refering to this forum, your correct. I am new to TGO. I was refered to it by a friend of mine and it was by chance that I found this thread. When I started reading the posts I was happy to see that the word was getting out about the new shop, but when I got to the posts about pricing, bad experiences, ect. I was truley upset. Now I have been in the retail buiness for 15+ years and I know how hard it is to please everyone. The Owner was in the funeral home buiness for 20 years and has always prided himself on his customer service. Im not here to argu or start fights. I here to find out what customers are wanting and to increase my market knowledge. I feel the more I know the better my customer service can be and also to remain competitive. If anyone who reads this forum would like to call, PM, E-mail, or stop by and ask about anything mentioned here Myself or the owner would be glad to asnswer for any experiece mentioned here. As it has been stated we are a new shop that has only been open for 5 months and as any of you know this is a very competive market. We are growing and improving every day. All I ask is give us a chance.

that's very understandable, but if your prices are too high...people like me are not going to buy anything, for instance... check out budsgunshop.com ... they have free shipping on every gun they sale, plus a FFL transfer fee... most times is a lot cheaper than buying from a local shop... say yall have glocks for $630 bucks + tics + TN sales tax is what around $697... look on buds they have them for what $499...with free shipping + $30 for my FFL transfer is $529... where would you buy from? i would be willing to pay like an extra $20-$30 to have it in my hands and walking out the door with it...but anything above that i will search online and wait to save money... and in this economy a lot of people are like me... again i can buy factory direct from Glock USA in Ga. for $397 that's with the homeland security discount... and a lot of manufactures do that... S&W, Glock, Sig... might check into being a factory authorized dealer...

This is a very hard business to make it in. I don't have any reason to doubt you Gad, so I'll take you at your word and say you're headed right. The biggest problem you face is; Whether anyone wants to admit it, the gun crowd are some grudge holding &*('s I am no exception. A certain unnamed store in middle TN was very rude to my wife who was shopping for a present for me. It hurt her feelings. I called and chewed the manager/owner out something fierce. I was and am ashamed of a few of the things I said. He took every word I had to say. Then apologized, said he absolutely understood how I felt, I had every right to be this upset, and begged me to come back. Offered a 10% discount and everything. I didn't go back for a long time. THat was wrong on my part, as was saying some of the things I said.

I tell you that story for a reason. We gun owners get upset some times and tend to NOT act rationally at times. All you can do is what you seem to be doing. Openly admit that mistakes were made and say HEY, what do I need to do to make it right.

I'm headed that way in a few days. I'll swing in and check you out.

To GAD601: I don't want to unfairly judge your pricing if you've been making changes. Can you please tell us your everyday price on a standard Gen3 Glock 19 with standard fixed sights and 2 15rd magazines (white label)? Also, do you support the GSSF discount program (blue label, with 3 magazines)? Finally, what is your FFL transfer fee, and are there any parties from which you will not accept transfers? Thanks.

Did this just get missed?

I would also say, if I could get a gun from a local dealer for $30-40 dollars more than what I could do an online purchase and transfer I would gladly go with a local Dealer. Because I believe in supporting my local gun shops and its nice to walk out the door with the gun the same day.

JUST for Example, I picked up my NIB Xdm from Bud's for $600 out the door ($560 for the gun, $30 Transfer fee, $10 BG check)

My local gun store wanted the same gun for $680 + %10 tax + BG Check = $760 (+/- a few bucks)

There's no way I would even consider doing that. Not in this economy...

Edited by ProjectDexter

Can he quote a price without being a Benefactor ?

Guest GAD601
Did this just get missed?

No I did not miss this. Sorry I got busy today and not much time to check the net. My current price on a gen 3, 15rd is $549. Unfortunatly of the 3 ditributors that we order from (AccuSport, Bangers, and SportSouth) no one has any Glocks available to order. The only models they seem to have are 10mm's or 357sig's. As to the question about the GSSF or Blue Labels, no we are not yet set up for this and to be honest this was the first I had heard about this program. I spent about 30 min on the phone today with the Glock Comercial Sales Rep. learning about this program. We are just now getting our stocking dealer paper work finalized. As far as our FFL transfer fee, it is $40 + $10 TICS.

Edited by GAD601
typed wrong price

GAD601, My first experience in your store was disappointing. My Son and I were ignored when we came in and we were the only ones in the store at the time, one person was working on something and another one was busy with his phone, texting or something behind the counter? Your shop looked nice BTW.

First impressions mean everything to me so I hope my next visit will be somewhat better. Good luck.

I will stop in next time my wife is at Sam's shopping, sounds like just another gun shop to me though. Dickson Sportsman has helpful people in there, but I can't afford their prices and they seem annoyed when I ask for FFL transfers so it doesn't really matter...

i agree with they are good people, for ffl transfers i have used belshire hardware you can find them on gunbroker they are on the northwest side of navhville if interested

Guest GAD601
one person was working on something and another one was busy with his phone, texting or something behind the counter? Your shop looked nice BTW.

First impressions mean everything to me so I hope my next visit will be somewhat better.

Kieefer, I promise you it will be. Several of these things are being addressed as we speak.

@camp, Have you dealt with "Taylor Guns" in Downtown Dickson? I saw on buds.com that he was a listed FFL. I called him up, and met him at his "shop". It isn't a gun shop, its just his old machining shop that he has his office in. He gave me a copy of his FFL and said he would be happy to transfer anything I want. He told me $25 total for Transfer fee AND BG check. He also mentioned if I were to order more than one firearm at a time it would just be an additional $5 per gun.

He was a really nice older gentleman and we ended up talking in his place about 30 min, he showed me his personal Kimber and Springfield 1911's and showed me his reload ammo that he shoots. I'm definitely gonna transfer to him on my 1911 purchase I'm about to make.