How Does YourZombie Apocalypse Start (Story Time)

kwe45919

Could this "Zombie thing actually happen....you bet!! Why?? Because stranger things have happened.....:P

Tell how you thinkthe zombie apocalypse starts. Use fantasy or imagination if you wish. I perfer to hit closer to home and think of real life things that COULD happen. Take your time and have fun with it. :usa:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My story…………

News Flash for Wednesday November 24, 2010

The notorious November Hurricane named Zimmer, already dubbed the “Dooms Day” hurricane, will hit land fall tonight on the beaches of Louisiana and Mississippi. The Federal governments along with FEMA and the National Guard have tried to evacuate the entire states of Louisiana and Mississippi. Hurricane Zimmer, now a record breaking category 6 WILL be the world’s worst natural disaster in history. Spanning 567miles wide, winds recorded over 300mph and moving at a slow 16miles and hour, it’s estimated to wipe out Louisiana and Mississippi. At this point there’s no telling the total devastation or impact it will have on the U.S. as it travels further inward.

In other news, record breaking temperatures in the north continue. A blistering deep northeasterly wind continues out of Montana and dips as far southeast as Kentucky. Much of the North East is experiencing harsh temperatures and blistering winds due to this odd weather occurrence.

The question on most people’s minds now is what will happen when the warm moist air from Zimmer hits this nasty cold jet stream. It has the potential of causing tornados and sever storms all along the South and entire East and Northeast’s’ coast. The local police along with dozens of military are doing what they can to help the people of the hurricane, but response times for emergency’s are getting longer due to the lack of help. We urge the entire U.S. to please help us in this time of need by being patient and careful. Do not take any unneeded risks in these possible deadly times. As food and supplies continue to fly off the shelves everywhere, we have to wonder when they will, if ever, get restocked.

K25 Labs Oak Ridge, TN 8:34pm November 24th

Deep in the secret underground labs of K25 a female biological doctor injects a microscopic parasite with a deadly mixture of a virus/bacteria combination that was combined with a simple protein. Once the parasite accepts the mixture the parasite is then injected into a common lab rat. With in minutes, the area of injection starts to blister and become puss filled. The rat scratches at the wound opening it up further. The rat starts to squeal and run into the walls of the cage as his hair seems to be falling out at a tremendous rate revealing more blisters and rashes. Suddenly, the rat falls over and is lifeless. Excited the doctor hurries to examine the rat. Slipping on the safety procedures the doctor reaches into the cage with a net to scoop out the rat. She pulls the rat out and brings it up to her eyes for a closer look…….something’s moving…..inside the rat.

Screams would have been heard if the doors weren’t 2 inches thick solid steel or if her co workers hadn’t already gone home for the night. Trying to get to the alarm by the door to seal off the area, the young doctor knocks beakers and test tubes into the floor. She can’t see well. Her eyes burning, skin burning…..and she feels like she’s going mad…….but the alarm is just a few steps out of reach……have to make it!!!

Y12 Disposal Labs Oak Ridge, TN

Mistakes happen and today wasn’t the day to make one.

Trying to get nuclear shipments in and out of the disposal labs in the pending upcoming bad weather was the worst idea in history. More workers unloading and more fork trucks running around, make maneuvering an 18 wheeler impossible. Deep, 2 miles underground in the storage facility for nuclear materials, men and women alike scurry around.

Present Day November 25th Thanksgiving Day

Oak Ridge, TN (up on a mountain safe in my home……..for now) My Journal:

No one really knows how or what happened, all we know to this point is there was a mistake made causing a terrible explosion. This explosion traveled parallel under ground through the various underground tunnels and corridors and took out both Y12 and K25 plants and labs. Radiation is presently seeping through the ground but most airborne radiation is under control. The CDC has been called in because of the “military” contracts being developed in K25 but we haven’t a clue about what they were up to. Everyone was told to stay in their houses and don’t go out side…….wonder how many people listened.

My wife and I along with our 5yr old daughter have the windows taped up with plastic and the doors sealed off. The A/C vents have been sealed as well as the unit turned off. My emergency plan is in effect as there’s no telling what will happen. For now, we all just sit in the living room, playing games and keeping our daughters mind of off the situation. I’ve got plenty of food and water and batteries for the radio and flashlights. Guess I’ll start keeping this journal since we may be infected by something or have radiation poisoning by now……..just have to wait and see.

More to come..............

KWE that's a hard act to follow man! Very good.

I'll toss mine in for the heck of it.

I work at a hospital so I always kinda thought I might find myself on the beginning end of it. Last year during the H1N1 scare made me think of the initial outbreak as a disease as opposed to just being spread by a "patient zero" case.

Week 1 Hospitals and private physicians began to see an influx of severely ill patients. Several patients are hospitalized around the globe. The disease seems to target anyone, but many do not become infected. CDC and WHO issue a world wide epidemic alert. Hospitals and First Responders begin to be overwhelmed and begin using HAZMAT gear.

Within the first 24 hours of illness 100% of those who are sick die. Mass graves are prepared in many locations. 48 hours after initial outbreak the dead become reanimated. Bites are now spreading the disease even further. By the end of the first week most basic governments have crumbled. It is estimated 60% of the world population has fallen to the disease.

Week 2 Survivors are attempted to be gathered by what remains of the military. Martial law is declared in all major cities, but the military and police, feeling the loss of personnel themselves, are overwhelmed and withdraw. All radio and tv broadcasts have ceased. Pockets of survivors have banded together to attempt to outlast the undead...

DUN DUN DUN!

Nice!!!! Why don't you start writing a book
Nice!!!! Why don't you start writing a book

:cool: I did one time in High School....sorta. In English Lit as "extra credit/bonus points" for semester exams we were instructed to write a short story in book format about any subject we wanted to write about. I was bombing English Lit at the time so I needed the help. Obviously I chose a fantasy Zombie Apocalypse. As it turns out, the teacher as horrified that I used a viral outbreak at Oak Ridge as ground zero and some of the details were a little gruesom but she couldn't deny that it was well written. She wanted to keep the story for future classes as an example of book writing and she even entered in the Knoxville Dogwood Arts Festivile that year. I think I got 7th place or something like that.....

I have a small imagination but nothing crazy. It took me longer to type the above post than it did for me to think it up. I've been trying to help my 4yr old to use her imagination for play time and dress up time. :cry: Tea parties are now hosted by multiple stuffed animals and Barbie dolls now instead of her.....:D

KWE that's a hard act to follow man! Very good.

I'll toss mine in for the heck of it.

I work at a hospital so I always kinda thought I might find myself on the beginning end of it. Last year during the H1N1 scare made me think of the initial outbreak as a disease as opposed to just being spread by a "patient zero" case.

Week 1 Hospitals and private physicians began to see an influx of severely ill patients. Several patients are hospitalized around the globe. The disease seems to target anyone, but many do not become infected. CDC and WHO issue a world wide epidemic alert. Hospitals and First Responders begin to be overwhelmed and begin using HAZMAT gear.

Within the first 24 hours of illness 100% of those who are sick die. Mass graves are prepared in many locations. 48 hours after initial outbreak the dead become reanimated. Bites are now spreading the disease even further. By the end of the first week most basic governments have crumbled. It is estimated 60% of the world population has fallen to the disease.

Week 2 Survivors are attempted to be gathered by what remains of the military. Martial law is declared in all major cities, but the military and police, feeling the loss of personnel themselves, are overwhelmed and withdraw. All radio and tv broadcasts have ceased. Pockets of survivors have banded together to attempt to outlast the undead...

DUN DUN DUN!

Cool........Good job. I've always wondered about hospitals and the possible diseases people could bring in. During a surgery having the persone "opened up" fresh blood everywhere......just makes me think someone could have something deadly that's stayed dormant. Then all of a sudden, a doctor's thinking he's removing a tumor off of a patients spine and it ends up being some microbe the dude got while in Honduras. Over time it's taken control of dudes nervous system and now it feels threatened. It bursts open the sack on the spine and sprays everyone in sight with an acid infecting those in the sugery room.

Ohh man, I could go on and on about how the crazy things man has done with the Medical world will someday wipe us all out. :)

I don't know how mine starts but it ends with ............ the smoke poured from the muzzle of my AR15 as the waitress's from the local Hooters begged me to father their children from my rear as the brass littered the ground.

LMFAO that's gotta be the best/worst "What I really meant was" ever...

Stories? I don't have a story, just something that scared the living ***** out of me.

I took a father/son field trip with my son's scout troop last year. One of the other boy's father was a bio-chemist working at Vanderbilt. Being sort a/ use-ta-be chemist myself, I asked him, "what specifically", and he replied Military Applications. He got my attention immediately. He could tell that I was interested so he continued. They develop lethal viruses, so that they can make anti-viruses from them should some other country develop and deploy them, we would already have a stock pile. One of which was the H2N2.... yep you heard me, H1N1's angry and deadlier older brother. Check this out Deadly Flu Strain Shipped Worldwide (washingtonpost.com) - Yep, I pee'd a little when I read it too.

There are even deadlier strains of flu, there are combo's of viruses that piggy back on non matching viruses to survive. We talked for about an hour about my brief dive into chemistry for Coca Cola and then Proctor and Gamble. The conversation was great and very complementary, I had really found a friend with similar interest and could speak intelligently about a subject that I once had some much dedicated to. It was like running into an old buddy.

So the ultimate question came up, I asked him "Have you seen 28 days later?" He had a very serious look in his eyes, his voice flattened from being very happy to speak and changed his engagement in the conversion. His body language shifted and his complexion shifted slightly. Even his resolve seemed to flicker as he uncrossed his legs and pulled the back of his fingers to to his lips. He responded "YES, it's the most terrifying movie ever."

I didn't have to ask. He was clearly bothered by this so changed the subject as I likened the zombies to the roving droves of people to the sea of VOLs fans on game day, me being one of them.

I went and bought more ammo the next day. There is a rage virus somewhere, Mix a little Borna virus and plague, sprinkle in some mad cow - Pie. Get a virus that degenerates the brain - logic, reason, civility, communication and inhibition - the brona virus, add in a feeling death, fear, extinction and terror - the plague, then top it off with the need to harm due to a chemcally induced severe schizo paranoia psychosis with action a'la mad cow and boom. A peace loving person who is hell bent on killing everything in sight. I hope you can sleep well after reading this, because after I realized this, I didn't for a few nights. I still have nightmares about meeting the chemist who had an infinitesimal chance of creating it.

Edited by kesava

^^^^

That's kinda what I was getting at with the Bio-experiments going on "seceretly" at Y12/K25. Ya know, mix some radation poisoning with a little flesh eating virus and add a pinch of puffer fish toxin and whola........instant Zombie. Happens all time in Hollywood.

I think the "rage virus" scenario would really take some of the light heartedness out of the whole zombie thing. Everybody know is kinda like "hahaha cool! Slow shuffling zombies that I can target practice on, but not really have to worry about because my family and friends will be safe because only liberals turn into zombies." You toss in the 28 days later zombies and you got some serious issues.

World War Z made clear that slow zombies might be enough to end mankind.

Fast zombies, it's all over for sure. And over faster, too.

- OS

That's pretty much my point. With the fast zombies, especially the way they turned so fast, you'd have to make it out of the city FAST. Then you're best hope would only be if they did die off within a month like in the movie.

The slow "walker" type zombies would be bad for sure, but I think at least a certain amount of the population could outlast them. It would definitely end mankind as we know it though.